Let's Talk About Denim

Black jeans are back? Are they still worn with Morrissey t shirts and doc martins?
Shit ripped jeans are back - why not Back in Black?

I am a bit surprised at Pauly getting a a pair though as they seem to fit, look "normal" and cost less than $1,000

Which is your favourite?

I love my Rag and Bone RB15. I have worn them the most. Mid rise, spring summer weight and slim.

Dior 19cm MIJ silver selvedge would be my second favorite. Slim, low rise, tight weave, and no overstretching.

N&F weird guy burgundy canvas with red selvedge. You can find them on sale often, I got mine for 65 dollars and worth every penny.

Then would be Jean shop rocker and KMW 1980.

Had a pair of APC NS a long time ago, didn't quite see the hype.

If I am in the market for a pair of jeans right now, I would go for a pair of Somet, but they are not cheap.

I love my Rag and Bone RB15. I have worn them the most. Mid rise, spring summer weight and slim.

Dior 19cm MIJ silver selvedge would be my second favorite. Slim, low rise, tight weave, and no overstretching.

N&F weird guy burgundy canvas with red selvedge. You can find them on sale often, I got mine for 65 dollars and worth every penny.

Then would be Jean shop rocker and KMW 1980.

Had a pair of APC NS a long time ago, didn't quite see the hype.

APCs are better than all those franken-denims you just mentioned.

As for black denim, I think it has to be very well-fitted and slim to work in any modern context. I think with your frame they should be fine. Kaihara is a good mill; construction probably is average though (on par with Unbranded).

No way are APCs better than what I have listed above, particularly for my bodytype. Also I was not a fan of crazy sizing.

I think Naked & Famous is also a good starting brand. Decent price and sizing is relatively spot on.

Fully agree when the market wasn't flood with artisanal/obscure jeans. With the current selection, I would not even start with APC.

I would go with 3sixteen or studio d'artisan for starters.

I'll agree with this.

I think Naked & Famous is also a good starting brand. Decent price and sizing is relatively spot on.

Yup. N&F has taken over (or should be considered) as the go-to starter and could be all people who aren't overly into denim need given the selection and their high-end special editions

APCs are better than all those franken-denims you just mentioned.
no they're not. dior 19cm's were THE fashion dujour jean back in the beginning. naked and famous is shit. i never understood the hype with them. jean shop and kmw both make better denim than apc.

Arnathor Arnathor what type of jeans are you looking for? work, play, all around, nightime?

no they're not. dior 19cm's were THE fashion dujour jean back in the beginning. naked and famous is shit. i never understood the hype with them. jean shop and kmw both make better denim than apc.

Arnathor Arnathor what type of jeans are you looking for? work, play, all around, nightime?

I thought KMW was defunct?

All around, but I like what I have at the moment. I'm not nearly interested in denim as I once was.

they are. i was referencing them in context to Darkside Darkside 's APC comment.

what do you like about naked and famous? I've handled their jeans a few times in store and thought they were pretty pedestrian.

Fit and price point. At 65 to 100 bucks a pop, they cant be beat

Weird guy fits great for guys with big quads but.want a tapered fit. Very similar to RB15.

Alright, alright I recant my statement.

I've just been having trouble finding a pair of mid-rise, tapered slim NightDenim in a 14ish oz. weight under $350. I was very interested in Acne, but their front rise is quite low. Maybe I'll reinvestigate N&F. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. I'm looking for something more "luxe" than workwear.

I've just been having trouble finding a pair of mid-rise, tapered slim NightDenim in a 14ish oz. weight under $350. I was very interested in Acne, but their front rise is quite low. Maybe I'll reinvestigate N&F. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. I'm looking for something more "luxe" than workwear.
I know you have a bunch of Gustin's, but what about one of their blends with silk in it? Might be interesting, although I don't know if they have one in blue.

There was nothing at SelfEdge or Blue in Green you liked for under $350????

Fit and price point. At 65 to 100 bucks a pop, they cant be beat

^Yup, whqt Pauly Chase Pauly Chase says. Easy entry into denim

Weird guy fits great for guys with big quads but.want a tapered fit. Very similar to RB15.

Maybe my knowledge is outdated but a few years ago I tried on all of their flavors. Each was $120 and above (at retail) and didn't seem anything special. They actually reminded me of APC's, without the funky sizing. Looking at Nordstrom's website, every single pair is $140 or above. This might actually be good for you Darkside Darkside . Would be easy to try on a bunch of options and return them without a hassle.

Selfedge has a bunch under $350

I know you have a bunch of Gustin's, but what about one of their blends with silk in it? Might be interesting, although I don't know if they have one in blue.

There was nothing at SelfEdge or Blue in Green you liked for under $350????

Maybe my knowledge is outdated but a few years ago I tried on all of their flavors. Each was $120 and above (at retail) and didn't seem anything special. They actually reminded me of APC's, without the funky sizing. Looking at Nordstrom's website, every single pair is $140 or above. This might actually be good for you Darkside Darkside . Would be easy to try on a bunch of options and return them without a hassle.

Try Amazon, Myhabit, Barneyswarehouse. N&F are very easy to find for cheap if you dig a bit.

Darkside Darkside if you want something less workwear, I would do rag and bone

This might be some sort of blasphemy, but I'm very happy with my made-in-Japan Uniqlo jeans. They fit well, are really comfortable, and have lasted me for years.

Unfortunately, even though they still use Japanese selvedge denim, Uniqlo now has its jeans made in Pakistan or Bangladesh, which I find disappointing.

This might be some sort of blasphemy, but I'm very happy with my made-in-Japan Uniqlo jeans. They fit well, are really comfortable, and have lasted me for years.

Unfortunately, even though they still use Japanese selvedge denim, Uniqlo now has its jeans made in Pakistan or Bangladesh, which I find disappointing.
they were well known to be a good buy, especially for the money. now they've gone to shit.

What do you guys think of 3sixteen denim? The ST fit sounds like just what the doctor ordered. 14.5oz weight too. I can get the "shadow selvedge" for about $170. It has an indigo warp and black weft, perfect I think for a NightDernim. Any thoughts?

http://www.3sixteen.com/products/st-120x-slim-leg-shadow-selvedge-denim
They make great denim. Definitely one rung below the best of the best, but that's saying quite a bit. I'd jump on that deal if you think it's what will work for your body type, so long as they're not on final sale.

What do you guys think of 3sixteen denim? The ST fit sounds like just what the doctor ordered. 14.5oz weight too. I can get the "shadow selvedge" for about $170. It has an indigo warp and black weft, perfect I think for a NightDenim. Any thoughts?

http://www.3sixteen.com/products/st-120x-slim-leg-shadow-selvedge-denim
They make great denim. Definitely one rung below the best of the best, but that's saying quite a bit. I'd jump on that deal if you think it's what will work for your body type, so long as they're not on final sale.

What Grand Potentate Grand Potentate says. Great denim with the bonus of a great price. Snap it up if there are no strings attached

Thruth Thruth and Grand Potentate Grand Potentate approved, so I closed my eyes and took the leap. I also have not seen 3sixteen on discount very often, and the store said that they would accept returns (The Class Room).

Like most denim I have researched, size measurements vary across websites by 0.25 to 0.5" here and there, so based off countless forum anecdotes, I went TTS (34). Also, this guy is about my height and weight, and is wearing the same size I ordered. Will report with details when they come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom