Moleskins

I'll hang out for an earthier colour, but I think it's a great option for a trad moleskin in a more modern straight leg fit.

I'm not a member of Gustin, so how much do their shirts, moleskins and jeans typically cost?

I'm patiently waiting for Keydge to reduce prices on their winter line to grab this

IMG_1100.JPG

I like it - casual, unstructured, versatile. I just don't like it at full price.

I haven't seen the brand in person, but it seems sound enough if you forgive the awful photos (unbuttoned and rolled sleeves?).

You don't like?

I like it - casual, unstructured, versatile. I just don't like it at full price.

I haven't seen the brand in person, but it seems sound enough if you forgive the awful photos (unbuttoned and rolled sleeves?).

You don't like?

It looks very cheap. How much is it? I'd prefer cord over moleskin.

Retail is $285, but their sale items are usually 50-60% off.

I've thought about cord, but when you live in Texas it is just a little too close to the whole urban cowboy look that is so popular here with dumb white office workers who think they are Walker, Texas Ranger.

I've thought about cord, but when you live in Texas it is just a little too close to the whole urban cowboy look that is so popular here with dumb white office workers who think they are Walker, Texas Ranger.

Make it a cord suit then, and wear it with loafers instead of cowboy boots.

Don't mess with Chuck.
IMG_7466.JPG

I got a response from then in Monty Pythonesque French-English that seems to say they will be putting more stuff on clearance in three weeks. I'll play La Guinea Pig on a moleskin and a linen jacket if that happens.

I got a response from then in Monty Pythonesque French-English that seems to say they will be putting more stuff on clearance in three weeks. I'll play La Guinea Pig on a moleskin and a linen jacket if that happens.

Don't forget to buy some matches as well!

Keydge's are okay for the price, but a lot of them fit and feel like jumpers because they're basically using woollen jumper cloths. Caveat Emptor.

I just picked up a new pair of RM's moleskins for winter a few weeks ago. Nice and warm, jean cut with a mid rise and Australian Made.

I remember getting some Moleskins from Luxire years ago when they first started out in a trouser cut and they cut them with the nap on the outside which picks up every piece of fluff in existence. I should have known better to trust the Indian's with winter weight cloths.

Theres moleskins and theres moleskins. Years ago I had a pair (see below) from Peter Christian. I had expected something like RMWs Moleskins but those were much much heavier and fluffier. They fitted and hung well but were so thick as to be unwearable in Melbourne except outside on a windy cold day. I gave them away. The Australian Moleskins (RMWs) are much different and probably better describes as a thick twill.
mt20-moleskin-trousers-fastening_4.jpg

Theres moleskins and theres moleskins. Years ago I had a pair (see below) from Peter Christian. I had expected something like RMWs Moleskins but those were much much heavier and fluffier. They fitted and hung well but were so thick as to be unwearable in Melbourne except outside on a windy cold day. I gave them away. The Australian Moleskins (RMWs) are much different and probably better describes as a thick twill.
mt20-moleskin-trousers-fastening_4.jpg

I have Peter Christian moleskin. Nice and warm for an English winter.

They might suit The Shooman, he feels the cold.

PC corduroys are a very bulky cut though. Not as good as their moleskins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom