Moleskins

Peter Christian moleskin trousers are excellent material and hard wearing. Very Middle England - but I perfectly OK with that.

Peter Christian moleskin trousers are excellent material and hard wearing. Very Middle England - but I perfectly OK with that.

What's the cut like, our Kingstonian? I have large thighs and prominent seat from working down t'pit, and my loins don't take kindly to those nasty RTW low rises.

What's the cut like, our Kingstonian? I have large thighs and prominent seat from working down t'pit, and my loins don't take kindly to those nasty RTW low rises.

Sounds like Cordings might be cut pretty well for you.

Generous cut. Even some elastic in the waistband which I don’t really like but it is not overdone.

Moleskin suit worn by iGent pretending to read a book.

C60855B2-F295-4648-816A-23A1BEF59257.jpeg

In the interest of sartorial science, I bought a pair of Oliver Brown moleskin trousers. The fabric and manufactuire are both excellent.

But the sizing is generous, to say the least. I usually wear 30" trousers (so Peter Christian is out because they start at 32"). The size 30 Oliver Browns are quite a relaxed fit at the waist, with room for roast pheasant and trimmings, an extra helping of Eton mess, and several pork pies. And seat and thighs seem to be designed around the J-Lo type.

Otherwise, they're all right. They come with an unfinished hem, and a length of hem tape is provided.

I'll report after I've had them hemmed and put them through their paces etc.

I haven't had a pair in years. I had some chocolate brown joints from Brooks that I really liked. I think its time to re-up.

Gustin have a couple of heavy moleskin five pockets up now that look alright. If they were four pocket chinos I’d probably give them a go.

A42DB9D0-4DAF-4F36-A4AF-9D2DB7669E34.jpeg
F680A5C9-21F2-4B50-AE9C-504815DDF10B.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom