Music Of The Moment

‘Of the moment’ seems to cover a wide spectrum in this thread.

B52s from a UK kids programme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjAzI5zALo

That was back when that kind of quirkiness was considered too weird for its own good.

I think there's a lot of good music being released and re-released at the moment. I'm hoping that the music business has now got a handle on how best to exploit streaming and downloads. Also lots of bands are getting that 1980s analogue synth vibe spot-on:

^
By far her greatest album.

I saw her play about 10 years ago and was really impressed with her live solo performance.

^
By far her greatest album.

I saw her play about 10 years ago and was really impressed with her live solo performance.

I've heard her (not live) recently and sadly she's a shadow of what she was. Her voice is shot and she can't remember most of her lyrics so has to read them off a stand.

Last edited:
The voice goes inevitably, just listen to Sinatra's late concerts.

There's been some buzz that David Byrne is going to do a Springsteen and go Broadway. I hope not. The hype about this latest tour and the BS in the media that his voice still being in his prime is sad. The comparisons to Stop Making Sense is embarrassing. His voice has little range and stamina as survey of the live stuff on Youtube reveals, also the EP released last week. The dancing: already gave my verdict on that. I'm a big, big, big fan of The Heads and Mr Byrne, but I am left sadly in the camp that this should be his last tour and his album only reveals flashes of his once virtuosity. He's well passed his prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom