Music Of The Moment

UB40 (Ali and Astro) home made lock-down video airs tonight UK time circa 8pm, worth a watch to see the home decor and back gardens of Brit celebrities:

Edit: And here it is, and it did not disappoint:

Ali Campbell has got a decent sized garden, although he looks like he's a recovering alcoholic. Shaun Ryder is in there, completely clonezone hairless look. Bez seems to be in some tropical paradise. Suggs definitely has had a hair transplant, exact same hair as my brother. Astro has got a great brick end to his garden instead of a fence. Sir Cliff back accepted in polite society. Good luck to the single!

Last edited:
Little Richard RIP at 87 - a good innings

I saw him in the early 1970s with Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley etc.

It was the first concert at Wembley stadium. Lots of Teddy Boys constantly combing their hair.

I saw him in the early 1970s with Chuck Berry, Bo Diddly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley etc.

It was the first concert at Wembley stadium. Lots of Teddy Boys constantly combing their hair.

A great innings. Those Teddy Boys stayed true to the end. Those quiffs were still around in the late 70s and 80s.

Reading a book now on Mods and it's kind of academic, overly long, but dismisses the Teds and then links everything after Mod, with the exception of New Romantics, as part of the Mod diaspora. It gets a lot right and a lot wrong. It also manages to praise the brutal high raise architecture of the 60s which I find most distasteful.

My father had been a Mod and lot of his chums too, but they were all long haired hippies by the early 1970s. They never stayed Mods, the 1979 ones probably did, but not the first wave.

damn that must have been a hell of a show.

someone i know recommended this site to me:

i dont know how they curate the songs but I clicked 1960 and got a song from the Zorba the Greek soundtrack and then clicked 1980 and got japanese synth pop. pretty good start.

The Pretenders have released four singles ahead of a new album. Chrissie being Chrissie. 3 good/1 bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom