Music Of The Moment

I started reading Morrissey's autobiography today. Really good stream of consciousness stuff. He captures very well the grimy, tight knitted Manchester Irish communities of the 1960s, Victorian school buildings and the dark rainy Saddleworth moor overlooking it all:

I started reading Morrissey's autobiography today. Really good stream of consciousness stuff. He captures very well the grimy, tight knitted Manchester Irish communities of the 1960s, Victorian school buildings and the dark rainy Saddleworth moor overlooking it all:

I'll have to check it out. thanks

Enjoyed this:

The half-speed mastering/cutting process has been around since the 80s.

The analogue purists won't be interested in any vinyl that's come from digital sources!

I see they mention The Who's Live at Leeds. I've just finished Roger Daltrey's autobiography, Thank You Mr Kibblewhite. He states that he over sang at Leeds and a better live performance is captured the day after at Hull, which is now also available. Of the two, Leeds is better IMCO.

It's all in there: the conflict, Moon the loon, the drugs, the money and the lack thereof and the creative oddity that is Pete Townsend. Two interesting bits:

John Entwistle lived in 15th century manor. I've seen photos of that place and his collection of cars and was a very stately pad indeed. What I didn't know, was that his medieval armour collection was infact, reproductions from Harrods. Off stage, he was extremely flamboyant and nothing like his stage persona.

In 1977 Keith Moon was living with his girlfriend on the beach front in Malibu next door to Steve McQueen. Unfortunately, when they met, Keith managed to have an argument with one of his sons, and McQueen couldn't stand him. He ended shunned by the locals. Daltrey went to visit him and his girlfriend and they were sitting in the house with dogshit all over the place, blissfully unaware. Townshend had to step-in and bail him out and set him up in a fancy pad in Mayfair back in London.

The half-speed mastering/cutting process has been around since the 80s.

The analogue purists won't be interested in any vinyl that's come from digital sources!

I see they mention The Who's Live at Leeds. I've just finished Roger Daltrey's autobiography, Thank You Mr Kibblewhite. He states that he over sang at Leeds and a better live performance is captured the day after at Hull, which is now also available. Of the two, Leeds is better IMCO.

It's all in there: the conflict, Moon the loon, the drugs, the money and the lack thereof and the creative oddity that is Pete Townsend. Two interesting bits:

John Entwistle lived in 15th century manor. I've seen photos of that place and his collection of cars and was a very stately pad indeed. What I didn't know, was that his medieval armour collection was infact, reproductions from Harrods. Off stage, he was extremely flamboyant and nothing like his stage persona.

In 1977 Keith Moon was living with his girlfriend on the beach front in Malibu next door to Steve McQueen. Unfortunately, when they met, Keith managed to have an argument with one of his sons, and McQueen couldn't stand him. He ended shunned by the locals. Daltrey went to visit him and his girlfriend and they were sitting in the house with dogshit all over the place, blissfully unaware. Townshend had to step-in and bail him out and set him up in a fancy pad in Mayfair back in London.

Unfortunately, as the article point out. In lots of cases they don't have any option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom