Music Of The Moment

I actually LOLed at a lot of these picks. Some good songs in their, but mostly pretty sexless.

I'm a huge Ramsey Lewis fan - I love those "live" cafe recordings.

Lou Reed once said when he traveled the world he always took with him everywhere the single of "Drift Away" by Dobie Gray.

On the whole when I listen to the British beat groups I'm just reminded how bad they were compared to the African-American they ripped off. I grew up close to the Beatles and know the real reason why Macca called his daughuer Stella.

Van has totally lost the plot with the latest LP - never mind the lyrics its not even good music

Neil Young live 1971

You would always hear ‘After the Goldrush’ or ‘Harvest’ through the walls in bedsits in the early 70s.

I preferred Al Stewart. He did not sing in a false American accent and it was before ‘Year of the Cat’.

Popular on the folk circuit and in teacher training colleges. Nice period piece Afghan coat too.

Van has totally lost the plot with the latest LP - never mind the lyrics its not even good music
He's done a Morrissey and gone off the map and off-script:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/may/06/van-morrison-new-record-project-volume-one-review

The album has been released today, but the critic and commentators know for certain it's a load of rubbish. They've hardly time to listen to it.

The lyrics frighten them and I find that thoroughly refreshing.

Good to see Roger Daltrey getting slagged-of by the Guardian readership too, another ageing rocker who's called BS on the Woke.

I only listened for a few seconds.
I flicked through the album and that song immediately stood out including the lyrics. I'll listen to it with more focus over the weekend.

You would always hear ‘After the Goldrush’ or ‘Harvest’ through the walls in bedsits in the early 70s.

I preferred Al Stewart. He did not sing in a false American accent and it was before ‘Year of the Cat’.

Popular on the folk circuit and in teacher training colleges. Nice period piece Afghan coat too.

I can remember lending Harvest and After the Gold Rush to a girl in the 70s. She said her younger brother had got hold of them and lay on the floor for hours with his eyes closed listening to them. He tells a good story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom