Music Of The Moment

Why listen to that old fart hypocrite Young? Blames Trump for the burning of his California home when it was clearly the fault of the state not clearing the excess flammable material and owns a number of old gas guzzlers and flies around whilst harping on about climate change. Sad!

Much better music + some of these fellows went to school with my parents:

Why listen to that old fart hypocrite Young? Blames Trump for the burning of his California home when it was clearly the fault of the state not clearing the excess flammable material and owns a number of old gas guzzlers and flies around whilst harping on about climate change. Sad!

Trump?
Did anyone find out how he knew the words to Al Wilson? My bet is thru Manton.

You can always listen to a tasteful cover version when your favorite rock star has gone full TDS and Wokeist:

I raise you five...with this Canadian song:

I have Acadian driftwood on vinyl. Bought in a sale. Great album. Prefer it to Big Pink and their other big sellers.

Always difficult to know who contributed what. Robertson did most of the talking, but Danko and the keyboard beardie were very talented too and the drummer has his fans. Great work on The Basement Tapes too.

I forgot Manuel which proves my point.

Last edited:
Another great Canadian musician was the eccentric genius Glen Gould. I have the later version of Goldberg variations on a Sony CD. You can hear him humming along more. No other great pianist does that - fortunately. Tempo is a lot more relaxed than his first recording a quarter of a century earlier.

I am always surprised he has not made it bigger. Critical acclaim, yes, but not mainstream success.
He's been out here a fair bit - sells out sort of small circuit concerts - well known and respected here in certain circles.

Always difficult to know who contributed what. Robertson did most of the talking, but Danko and the keyboard beardie were very talented too and the drummer has his fans. Great work on The Basement Tapes too.

I forgot Manuel which proves my point.
Robertson certainly got the song writing credits and there's a lot of allegations over the film deal for The Last Waltz, were Robertson set the other band members up so that him and Scorsese got all the money. I think they were sharing a bachelor pad at the time and were doing lots of coke. Supposedly, after The Band, Robertson was thinking he could get into Hollywood as an actor or something.

I've gone through Morrison's new album now, musically it's his standard tight blues backing band, no change there. But lyrically, he's definitely pissed-off with the era of the Woke. Couple of good tracks, including this one:

Did you ever hear about Wordsworth and Coleridge?
They were smokin' up in Kendal
By the lakeside
Can you meet me in the country in the long grass
In the summertime in England...

One of his best albums.

However, his seduction technique is poor. I feel sorry for the poor woman around 4:50 when he starts on the port and Muddy Waters records.

There's a bit of gargling going on as well. He was a big drinker back then and also the producer. So no messing around with Van the Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom