Music Of The Moment

A lot of people think they're British, considering them way too quirky and eccentric to be American. I think they've been more successful in Britain too.

Beat the Clock is a great track...
It must have been great for them to see McCartney dressed as one of them in his film clip. You know you’ve made it when.........

My neighbour Deliverance aka Erik the horsefucker, rents his crib to these dudes as a practice space. I always wondered where the music was coming from. Drummer is an entertainment lawyer. Singer is a comic book illustrator for Mad Cave Studios.

Second tier Canadian rock stars/

My neighbour Deliverance aka Erik the horsefucker, rents his crib to these dudes as a practice space. I always wondered where the music was coming from. Drummer is an entertainment lawyer. Singer is a comic book illustrator for Mad Cave Studios.

Second tier Canadian rock stars/

not the worst thing ever.

I was always impressed with working ‘leitmotif’ into a pop song:

Coming up beyond belief
On this coronary thief
More than just a leitmotif
More chaotic, no relief
I'll describe the way I feel
Weeping wounds that never heal
Can this saviour be for real?
Or are you just my seventh seal?
No hesitation, no delay
You come on just like special K
Just like I swallowed half my stash
I never ever want to crash

For an old ex truckie, Willin' is a giant of a song.

Dixie Chicken - "Then one night in the lobby of the Commodore Hotel - I chanced to meet a bartender who said he knew her well.." - warms my heart.

"Waiting For Columbus " - like all great live albums is a combination of different nights, different venues and a lot of studio and overdubbing trickery.

But. Do yourself a favour and listen to this in HiFi on a decent set of speakers or headphones - turned up to 11 - not via YouTube.
'Cause there's a fat man in the bathtub with the blues
I hear you moan, I hear you moan, I hear you moan'

Use to listen to that and think, am I the only who recognizes this as a classic?

The live version on the 12'' B-side of Slippery People use to be great with a wall of analogue synth thumping away.

Now that Byrne is recognized as a genius and elder statesman of rock, he's lost all his appeal to me. I preferred him when he was considered too weird for his own good and was a cult figure on account his heroin chic physique and freaky dancing.

It’s also a classic as it fits so well in the epilogue of „Wall Street“ which is a film of great depth.

Seeing Ian and The Blockheads was one of the best concerts I have been to.
A mate of mine told me that Wilco Johnson when he was in The Blockheads use to disappear off stage for a couple of lines and come back totally wired. Not convinced that's true, as Wilco had that manic thing sowed into his guitar technique. Ian's son is pretty good too.

If you watch interviews with Ian, when they raise the topic of disability, he would bounce back and explain the special needs school he went to, taught them to be self-reliant and never see their disability as a ticket to wallow in victimhood or to feel sorry for themselves. I wonder if that would be the same today, when we have victimhood as the ultimate status symbol?

The definitive Spancil Hill singer :-

I just hope they don’t produce a calypso version of this.

Skithery either dum diddly aye day !

One of the greatest punk albums and punk songs of all time. All-in-1. NOFX released The Decline as a 12 inch with one song, which is almost 20 minutes long. Intelligent and serious versus their normal funny and crass.

The play it live on occasion. Here is an interesting one.

Had never heard him before. Like it.

He had some minor success with The Hangdogs in the 90s. The solo stuff is a bit hit or miss, but Dawn’s Early Apocalypse and Ghost of Rock and Roll are fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom