Passaggio Cravatte - The Scandal Continues

Do you think the Passaggio Cravatte fabrics are true vintage or inkjet printed?

• Gianni Cerutti has no knowledge about fabrics at all & doesn't know what he's doing.

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Totally digital reproductions!

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • The Italian mill selling the end of roll designs that nobody wants is laughing behind his back.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Totally vintage!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • GianniCerutti cannot even tell the difference between silk screen and inkjet (inque-jet?)

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Some of each?

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
Awaiting the anal rape :

IMG_2040.PNG

came across this thread after a google search and being added on LinkedIn and instagram by the aforementioned gentleman. Had my hunches but as a brand, will probably have to hold them in. Will be interesting to see if any of my original patterns pop up as ancient prints.

As far as screen printing/ digital printing goes...

My recent/first collection were all digital printed. Mostly being it was the less expensive option given my short run of fabrics. Could only afford about 12 yards starting out. I do think that screen printing looks better if the tie is untipped (as there is a less dramatic contrast on the reverse side) , but is certainly not a deal breaker. It is a detail that only the owner or aficionado will notice.

came across this thread after a google search and being added on LinkedIn and instagram by the aforementioned gentleman. Had my hunches but as a brand, will probably have to hold them in. Will be interesting to see if any of my original patterns pop up as ancient prints.

As far as screen printing/ digital printing goes...

My recent/first collection were all digital printed. Mostly being it was the less expensive option given my short run of fabrics. Could only afford about 12 yards starting out. I do think that screen printing looks better if the tie is untipped (as there is a less dramatic contrast on the reverse side) , but is certainly not a deal breaker. It is a detail that only the owner or aficionado will notice.

How did you resolve the inherent quality problems in digital printing?

GQ, the CNN of men's magazines.

Wonder how much he paid for the mention in GQ?

I'm quite amazed that Gianni still seems to be making money in the tie business, despite all of the dissatisfied customers. I guess that it goes to show that the old adage is true, and that there is a sucker born every minute.

I think he himself might appeal to a certain demographic and they are buying the fantasy of him and all the scandal adds to his paid for by the hour cheeky dandy boy image. Nothing else could explain willingly handing over money to someone with such a dubious reputation, product and delivery time if you're Lucky enough to get your home office bubble-jet printed 1970s curtain cloth tie at all.

Only deviancy and moral degeneracy can explain it.

GQ offered me a spot in the magazine, I would have taken it but just couldn't afford it. They are bigger shills than Craptom, they also dug up Keith Olbermann and for that I will never read them again.

Ololo. Out of the blue after 4 years:

Hello Dear,

how are you?

I'm Gianni, of Passaggio Cravatte.

How are you?
Are you still wearing my ties?

I have a lot of new vintage fabrics and now you can also pay by credit card.

For the choice here is our istagram:

https://www.instagram.com/passaggiocravatte/

To let me know what you like, I just need the photo of each post, or the link of each post.

Then together we think about measures, models and all the choices for real bespoke vintage ties.

Let me know and thanks for everything,

Gianni

Gianni Cerutti
www.passaggiocravatte.com
www.passaggiocravatte.tumblr.com

Hello Dear,

how are you?

How are you?

To let me know what you like, I just need the photo of each post, or the link of each post.

Then together we think about measures, models and all the choices for real bespoke vintage ties.

Gianni

Gianni Cerutti

Scam. Doesn't sound like Gianni at all. Be careful!

Hello Dear,

how are you?

How are you?

Gianni

Gianni Cerutti

Me too.

B32E591E-88ED-408D-B840-B579DB1CEA22.jpeg

6C3D98F9-6AC2-4A42-9D24-A60BDABDB637.jpeg

He must be running out of new friend customers!

Isn't that the classic feature of a pyramid scheme? Always needing to bring in new people, and when you run out, the scheme comes crashing down?

Of course Gianni's not quite a pyramid scheme, but it's hard to imagine that he'd have many repeat customers so he needs to keep on drumming up new publicity by bloggers and recruiting new customers.

Just this morning, I get three random comments from him on IG. Newer had any contact with him or bought from him like a tacky.
I guess business not going so well these days.

Just this morning, I get three random comments from him on IG. Newer had any contact with him or bought from him like a tacky.
I guess business not going so well these days.

Or business is great and he is flush with cash to pay for this advertising blitz.

It would be a scam if it was Gianni (Cerumen) anyways
Most definitely!
But: Not-Gianni scam
You pay and you never get the tie. You are on your own. You are not part of a large community and not able to lament the loss of your money on the internet. Plus you have no way of knowing who got the money and what they did with it.
Original Gianni-scam: You pay, don't get a tie but can talk about it on the internet. You are part of something bigger, you feel good, you forget about the money.
BONUS: You can follow Gianni on Instagram and see how he blows your money on vintage sofa tissues turned into beautiful outfits by "ye olde teacher" on streets on Naples.

Most definitely!
But: Not-Gianni scam
You pay and you never get the tie. You are on your own. You are not part of a large community and not able to lament the loss of your money on the internet. Plus you have no way of knowing who got the money and what they did with it.
Original Gianni-scam: You pay, don't get a tie but can talk about it on the internet. You are part of something bigger, you feel good, you forget about the money.
BONUS: You can follow Gianni on Instagram and see how he blows your money on vintage sofa tissues turned into beautiful outfits by "ye olde teacher" on streets on Naples.

He follows Leit on IG. That should tell you something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom