StyleForum - Behind the Veil: Money, Politics & Bullshit

I noticed a reference to the disappearance of a seller Malford of London. It was then explained that his licence to post on Styleforum had expired and he had not renewed. Same happened to a Fine Pair of Shoes apparently.

Interesting. I am not sure how much they get charged and whether they feel they can trade online elsewhere without Styleforum.

I noticed a reference to the disappearance of a seller Malford of London. It was then explained that his licence to post on Styleforum had expired and he had not renewed. Same happened to a Fine Pair of Shoes apparently.

Interesting. I am not sure how much they get charged and whether they feel they can trade online elsewhere without Styleforum.
I think he disappeared off SF a long time ago. Anyway, he was honest and sells some good stuff for good prices so I guess he isn't your typical Styleforum vendor.

He's back on SF.
I think Jason can confirm but official SF status isn't cheap. A few grand a month iirc.

Well, you can have a look at his words of wisdom, if you like:

https://www.styleforum.net/members/in-stitches.92410/

Seriously, though, I just happened to notice that he's much less noticeable around SF and that he mainly just posts about things that he wants to kop in the LS thread.

I think IS just got burned out on it all. That's the natural tendency for many high count posters after some time. It certainly didn't help that he got a lot of shit over the years for his absurd daily post count. At time point he likely just said fuck it and stopped caring as much.

He's back on SF.
I think Jason can confirm but official SF status isn't cheap. A few grand a month iirc.
nah not that much mate, I think it starts at around $600US per month (was half that when I was on there). It's far too expensive for a demo that's about 80% looking for bargains/sale stuff. I'd say the likes of NMWA would pay that sort of money though for all the extra publicity and advertising banners etc.

I don't think styleforum is that bad. However, I personally think they have become a bit unorganized compared to few years back. They got some scandals (big one is the debacle of TOJ and their handling should be more opened even though it is likely not the admin's fault). The frequent annoying pop-up ads and spammy threads/posts. Few but existing hostile users that has made it more political and unwelcoming for the engagement of new users.

Want to verify: is it generally accepted that urban composition and Andy 57 are assholes, and possibly child molesters?

^I don't know who Andy 57 is.

Urban Composition - from his posts on SF - seems like a genuinely nice bloke. He's rather like a throwback to the 1940s-1950s, where men would do manual work during the week, then get changed into a suit, shirt, tie and hat to travel home from work and also on weekends.

Because he looks nice and dresses well, he's been vacuumed up by SF and turned into a roving reporter on things sartorial. I guess if SF offered me a trip overseas to write some vapid puff pieces on various brands, I'd probably accept the offer, too!

Will Sicilian tailoring replace Neapolitan?

https://journal.styleforum.net/sicilian-tailoring/
sicilian-tailoring-bespoke-suit.jpeg

is it me or does the right shoulder look completely fucked up?

sicilian-tailoring-bespoke-suit.jpeg

is it me or does the right shoulder look completely fucked up?

It doesn't look too bad, actually, at least make wise. Only some minor fit issues.
Right shoulder: Extended shoulder width with forward shoulder bone and probably no puff (cut in the canvas to give room for the bone) hence the extra "drape" on that side. The left side's high shoulder was not noticed, hence the slightly distorted under sleeve and shorter sleeve in general.
Stupid 3 roll 2 buttonhole fucks up the roll of the left lapel.
Too small on the front edge, pulls at the button and grain line not perpendicular.

This isn't really the right thread for it, but what is a "grain line"?

Grain line is part of the pattern, for a jacket it could be the edge of the front dart or a line perpendicular to the chest or waist line.
In the back the grain line is usually the straight part below the waist. For trousers it's the front crease.
In either case the grain line is always straight along the warp or weft (the latter is a bit more unusual, since the weft tends to be a bit softer).
Warp_and_weft.jpg

Ideally, the grain line should hang straight down. You can see that best with a pinstripe cloth. When the stripesdon't do that it shows that something is off. If it's not the make, it is usually balance or over suppression.
If the jacket in the picture was unbuttoned, the fronts would swing open and the grain line (warp) would be right.

Want to verify: is it generally accepted that urban composition and Andy 57 are assholes, and possibly child molesters?

I'd say UC is the typical gloryhunter. btw, he fucked up something with me, which opened a bigger door at the end of the day, fair game.

Andy57 was too boring to interact with him. I think he is an asshole ..., though.

never rule out child molesting ..., uff

Last edited:
I'd say UC is the typical gloryhunter. btw, he fucked up something with me, which opened a bigger door in the end, fair game.

Andy57 was too boring to interact with him. I think he is an asshole ..., though.

never rule out child molesting ..., uff

giphy.gif

Not really sure what to make of this: it showed up at bottom of a styleforum page today. Related thread... real or fake.
Screenshot_20180911-072759_Chrome.jpg

It’s easy to laugh at people trying to introduce style to a face mask in a pandemic, but if it eases anxiety and makes them more comfortable then I don’t see the harm. Except for the crazy thick denim and canvas asphyxiation devices. How the hell are you supposed to breath through that shit?

My favorite looking mask is the Railcar ones.

somewhere I saw someone is making an N95 decorative cover. Mostly fashion but supposedly to extend the life of the respirator. I get some side-eye in the supermarket wearing an N95 when not in uniform - hoarding medical supplies as a civilian. A cover might be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom