The Polo Thread

Tbh I think this and some of those examples look like shit (especially Peter Zottolo there) . Zottolo's looks there will be improved by subbing those dreadful jeans IMO but YMMV

Subbed by what? Different jeans, or just different trousers?

Subbed by what? Different jeans, or just different trousers?
I'd say different trousers IMO. I mean that is the easy solution there. However, If he/one must do denim and jacket ( and it seldom works) then a less faded denim would be better.

I'd say different trousers IMO. I mean that is the easy solution there. However, If he/one must do denim and jacket ( and it seldom works) then a less faded denim would be better.

Yes - different trousers I addressed already. That is indeed the “easy” way out, and what you should definitely do with a polo shirt if you will wear a jacket. Yet I think there’s room for decent looking, dark denim (but not black) as one notch down in formality from tailored pants.

And that’s the problem. You, my friend, are no Kanye West....
Absolutely not, but I do have the same colour polo as him. There's no accounting for taste is there.
Keep on posting to educate those who wants to follow your dad core/normcore/mainstream...
Will do captain...

2048x2730-tscenes-the-wolf-of-wall-street-leo-over-jordan-belfort-3563709-1-eng-gb-leo-over-jo...jpg

If it's good enough for Ringo, it's good enough for me.
Give more love...

26418-12132021125005.jpg

I don’t get this idea that guys can’t wear jeans after 40 at all. But I’m guessing this is coming from more of a MC, Ivy or whatever perspective on denim and less SWD. Are you imagining someone with mum jeans and a RL polo tucked around their gut?

There's another guy in the hood who pulled the look off and in both instances they were wearing nice casual jackets, not sports coats, and they were both thin and the clothes fit.

I ordered another two polo's, sadly the Egyptian polo I ordered to get the multi buy from Hawes and Curtis was out of stock. I also ordered a Merino polo from Oliver Sweeney to get free shipping. It will be interesting to wear the Smedley, John Henric and Sweeney Merino's in succession...

As it's harder to find 100% chinos without elastane, I may consider buying a few pairs of black or even white jeans. I haven't worn jeans since I was 38. Sadly I can't get away with a tucked in polo look. Or can I?...

As it's harder to find 100% chinos without elastane, I may consider buying a few pairs of black or even white jeans. I haven't worn jeans since I was 38. Sadly I can't get away with a tucked in polo look. Or can I?...

Depends. Will you hang out in malls with other middle aged white males? Definitely not a look for the Croatian Riviera or the Amalfi Coast. 🤣

If they're good enough for Frank...

View attachment 44404

I’m still stuck at the ‘pig piece of change’

I’d continue the search for pure cotton chinos. Wheat/off-white jeans are a big yes from me but I don’t think black denim is going to work with the look you are going for. Our man in the streets fxh fxh is a big advocate of Levi’s cheap and cheerful colored jeans - you could try a few pairs in shades of tan/brown.

I ordered another two polo's, sadly the Egyptian polo I ordered to get the multi buy from Hawes and Curtis was out of stock. I also ordered a Merino polo from Oliver Sweeney to get free shipping. It will be interesting to wear the Smedley, John Henric and Sweeney Merino's in succession...
The Oliver Sweeney isn't as soft as the Smedley or as thick as the John Henric...

20220805_224257.jpg

Nordic nations (mostly because summer was around 3 days max) and Milan was a little better but the uniform is similar. I just returned from a 2 and half week Italian holiday and the Italians dress a little better but the uniform is generally the same tbh.
Check the Italians out in December, they're fully black bubble coated-up.

Outside of the rag trade, they're same as everywhere.
The sudden all chinos are with elastane are either they're all using the same factories to make them - distinct possibility - or there's some innovation with elastane that makes it better than it once was. And that's desirable, being the big issue with cotton chinos is that the fabric doesn't give.
...Croatian Riviera...

Capture.PNG111.PNG

A pig piece of change?
Those typos where very common back in the good old days.

Oh I get it! You are going to just post pics of famous people wearing polo shirts like suburban dads?
No need! if the point you are trying to make is that anyone wearing a yellow PRL polo shirt and blue jeans will look like a suburban dad, whether it’s Charlie Woods or Muhammad Ali, I’ll concede the point - it’s all middle of the fairway normcore style, just like you are when you wear it in Dutch Westfield.

Here’s another bunch of famous people who look like dorks in denim and polo:

1659833799439.jpeg
1659834729102.jpeg

1659833852152.jpeg

1659833900243.jpeg

1659833995390.jpeg

1659834625592.jpeg

Oh I get it! You are going to just post pics of famous people wearing polo shirts like suburban dads?
No need! if the point you are trying to make is that anyone wearing a yellow PRL polo shirt and blue jeans will look like a suburban dad, whether it’s Charlie Woods or Muhammad Ali, I’ll concede the point - it’s all middle of the fairway normcore style, just like you are when you wear it in Dutch Westfield.

Here’s another bunch of famous people who look like dorks in denim and polo:

View attachment 44423View attachment 44428
View attachment 44424
View attachment 44425
View attachment 44426
View attachment 44427

You're onto me, have a big cigar and smoke it!

52360464553.jpg

ololololo. looks so nice with office slacks. Wasn't this about polos and denim?
He has a RL yellow polo on. That's the relevance.

I dig it. Keeps in theme with the yellow RL polos I posted above, but wait, here's a Lacoste yellow polo...and a green one too:

This thread delivers better than a cranked-up Fed-Ex subcontractor.
One of you shills and tells noble lies...knowing it is a lie...not a good look, ever.

Another is a big fat stout guy who could never wear a polo in polite society, but insists on posting individuals of lesser or similar build, as examples of what...himself?

The final member of the dynamic trio, is tweedy chap with boots up in the land of snows.

No wonder you're all pissed-off and looking for someone to blame.

One of you shills and tells noble lies...knowing it is a lie...not a good look, ever.

Another is a big fat stout guy who could never wear a polo in polite society, but insists on posting individuals of lesser or similar build, as examples of what...himself?

The final member of the dynamic trio, is tweedy chap with boots up in the land of snows.

No wonder you're all pissed-off and looking for someone to blame.
hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom