What Are You Wearing Today?

My family are pestering me for a French bull dog, I've given them a hamster instead.

7FCEE5D1-86BB-44B7-BC4A-B6BDC7771EF4.jpeg

"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to save the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told the bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski and his homosexual partner, Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard toilet paper tube up his rectum and slipped Ragout, our gerbil, in," he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon,' my cue that he'd had reached nirvana, so to speak. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he simply would not come out, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman desribed what happened next.

"The match ignited a pocket of intestinal methane gas in Kiki's colon. Flames shot out the tube, ignited Mr. Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers, causing it to scurry further up Kiki's colon, which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out of the cardboard tube like a cannonball."

Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.

Sadly, Ragout the gerbil did not survive the incident.

"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to save the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told the bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski and his homosexual partner, Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard toilet paper tube up his rectum and slipped Ragout, our gerbil, in," he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon,' my cue that he'd had reached nirvana, so to speak. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he simply would not come out, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman desribed what happened next.

"The match ignited a pocket of intestinal methane gas in Kiki's colon. Flames shot out the tube, ignited Mr. Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers, causing it to scurry further up Kiki's colon, which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out of the cardboard tube like a cannonball."

Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.

Sadly, Ragout the gerbil did not survive the incident.

Am I the only one here who hopes Kiki'sColon™ Catches on here?

Like "should I get the blue moleskin blazer or the moss one?"

Get them both and then burn them with fire from Kiki'sColon™

I saw the tope photo and thought you were starting to dress like one of the retiring suburban bank managers that inhabit this forum. The bottom two pics totally redeemed. Boots and pants ftw.

IMG_20171031_150616.jpg
I'm wearing my respoke jacket again with some madder and a wool square.
Wish there were more thrift stores around here. I want to respeak all the time.

Español politicians like them a lot, actually. Previous foreign affairs minister wore them almost exclusively. I didn't like them in person. But that's just me.

Some time ago a SForumite said he requested his neapolitan tailor to do a proper "english" buttonhole in the lapel of his jacket. Never understood why. English lapel buttonholes look sad. Nonetheless, If I had the money I'd visit S.Hitchcock for SB one button peak lapel suit.

img_20171031_150616-jpg.25680

Caliendo-Neapolitan-hopsack-blazer-peak-lapel.jpg

I, for one, love the buttonhole on the lapel of this jacket. It's quite well executed, which apparently is uncommon for A&S. I wonder who made this coat. The only lead I have is a letter D on the label.

The English tailors I like most are Steed.

This is that Harris Shetland tweed blazer from Cordings:

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

Impressed with the quality and decent fit, although needs a bit of town tailoring to take in at the back. I always shyed away from Cordings as I thought they would be too country for their own good, but I am impressed and will get more of their gear in the future.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like Harris Shetland

It's Shetland, you can't see from the lens of my iPhone, it's rough, ragged and has that Scottish island texture. And yet, it's in a blazer type form that lends it legitimacy to wear in the office. I'll try can some better photos next time I wear it.

It's Shetland, you can't see from the lens of my iPhone, it's rough, ragged and has that Scottish island texture. And yet, it's in a blazer type form that lends it legitimacy to wear in the office. I'll try can some better photos next time I wear it.

Hmm... 10 oz made with Yorkshire wool. Probably made by Moon or another similar English mill producing cloth for overseas glue shops. Good thing for you Shetland tweed is not a protected brand like Harris Tweed.

BA9E0869-356E-41CF-AC27-3EE532A56260.png
93E9AA06-42C1-4DA2-891E-79220C1491CC.png
AC114797-51D0-4DAD-B787-F9381E9581E1.png

Last edited:
Hmm... 10 oz made with Yorkshire wool. Probably made by Moon or another similar English mill working producing cloth for overseas glue shops. Good thing for you Shetland tweed is not protected brand like Harris Tweed.

View attachment 25702 View attachment 25703 View attachment 25705

Harris Tweed is, as you well know, is rough and ready and had it's peak back in 1967. It also pongs a bit. It's well out of date, fashion and functionality. It is struggling to survive as it's not really ideal for the modern world. Is it?

As I've already stated, I've had my suspicion about Cordings for a long time, but I thought I would give them a go on all the positive spin I've been hearing about their corduroy and moleskins. Their cheapest jacket, is as you have posted, the one I bought.

I took the plunge at their very cheapest entry level jacket - that was explicit. As I wasn't going to take the risk of something more expensive for an online purchase.

In the globalised world, those overseas glue shops - as you call them - are particularly abundant in those Tuscany hills. Ever wondered why Florence is so full of Chinese? I actually thought it was all fine art students and their parents, until a colleague informed me it was the sweat shop factory workers for the rag trade on their day out. I didn't ask whether this was weekly, monthly or yearly.

As we should all know by now, BS is BS and sartorially it's very prevalent. A label of manufacture means sweet FA.

Same as old Napoli means nothing at all.

The factories that make for the bespoke tailors, make for the brands and make for the fake brands too. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Harris Tweed is, as you well know, is rough and ready and had it's peak back in 1967. It also pongs a bit. It's well out of date, fashion and functionality. It is struggling to survive as it's not really ideal for the modern world. Is it?

As I've already stated, I've had my suspicion about Cordings for a long time, but I thought I would give them a go on all the positive spin I've been hearing about their corduroy and moleskins. Their cheapest jacket, is as you have posted, the one I bought.

I took the plunge at their very cheapest entry level jacket - that was explicit. As I wasn't going to take the risk of something more expensive for an online purchase.

In the globalised world, those overseas glue shops - as you call them - are particularly abundant in those Tuscany hills. Ever wondered why Florence is so full of Chinese? I actually thought it was all fine art students and their parents, until a colleague informed me it was the sweat shop factory workers for the rag trade on their day out. I didn't ask whether this was weekly, monthly or yearly.

As we should all know by now, BS is BS and sartorially it's very prevalent. A label of manufacture means sweet FA.

Same as old Napoli means nothing at all.

The factories that make for the bespoke tailors, make for the brands and make for the fake brands too. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

What are you going on about son? I just don’t consider Yorkshire wool, as the appropriate ingredient to make Shetland tweed. But my opinion matters fuckall, like you said everything is permitted. I also find that once tweed starts getting lighter than 12/13 oz it starts losing many of the characteristics which I associate with tweed. Ymmv.

Harris tweed is great for knocking about in. It never shows a crease. Just an occasional brush is all it needs. It does not ‘pong’ more than any other cloth. Popularity has peaked but there is a small resurgence among fogeys who dislike fleeces and similar modern garments.

The trick with Cordings is to buy in the sale. Huge discounts - apart from the house check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom