What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Yeah, so I've heard.

I'm still on team Paige must die too, though it's not looking likely. I read a hilarious interview with J&J where they are flummoxed that the most requested character to kill off was Paige. I'm like how retarded are you guys.
they really are oblivious

Watched ‘The Coronation’.

This was a rerun of the 1953 spectacular with a deferential interviewer asking questions of Her Madge.

Interesting. Only three people are allowed to touch the crown. The official jeweller, the Archbishop of Canterbury and the monarch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVQz-ExT00

Last edited:
Been watching the Channel 4 comedy The Windsors on Netflix. Whilst some of it is very funny, I find the crude gags a bit lame and spoilt it a bit.

The Bataclan terrorist attack documentary on Netflix in three parts is well worth watching, very touching at times. A timely reminder of the failure of our political masters and why we must continue the good fight to remove them across Europe.

there is NOTHING good on tv now.

12 Monkey's is starting its final season of 6 episodes.

other than that its a wasteland out there.

Just finished all Mystery Road , I guess it will go to USA sometime.

Ms has been watching The Staircase. I’d seen it ages ago so only watched the 3 new episodes.

Just finished the season 2 of Westworld. The end was a complete WTF. Screen writers were certainly breathless and deeply depressed. A shame because the first season was quite good and coherent. Only the rare appearances of Hopkins give a little pleasure in a totally disarticulated set.

Just finished the season 2 of Westworld. The end was a complete WTF. Screen writers were certainly breathless and deeply depressed. A shame because the first season was quite good and coherent. Only the rare appearances of Hopkins give a little pleasure in a totally disarticulated set.
Thought there were some brilliant individual eps in Westworld 2.
can either of you explain to me what the fuck happened with The Man in Black at the end? is it confirmed he's a robot now? he did get shot about 54 times during the season so it makes sense.

lol! Yes, that's a fair assumption. Though they really love clinging on to those reveals and making things ambiguous.

I only saw parts of the final episode, it seemed bat shit crazy. Will have to re-watch.

lol! Yes, that's a fair assumption. Though they really love clinging on to those reveals and making things ambiguous.

I only saw parts of the final episode, it seemed bat shit crazy. Will have to re-watch.

No need to rewatch. They obviously lost all credility. The difference between Philip K. Dick novels and Westworld screenplay is that Dick's apparent complex and ambiguous denouements have always a meaning. The man in Black last scene is a pure mockery. (To answer Grand Potentate Grand Potentate ) Of course, since it has no real justification, it can mean everything : first hypothesis the Man in Black died during the main timeline of the 2d season and the last scene take place in the future where Delos is trying to resurrect the Forge project; second hypothesis the Man in Black was a robot from the start and the whole series was a big simulation made just for him, the hosts revolution included ; last hypothesis the screen writers had no fucking idea how to end the mess and tried to find a smart cliffhanger which has absolutely no sense. The last hypothesis is the strongest from my opinion.

Last edited:
Been watching the Ken Burns Vietnaam War documentary series, as it's only just come out on Netflix in these parts, as you would expect from him it's first rate.

No need to rewatch. They obviously lost all credility. The difference between Philip K. Dick novels and Westworld screenplay is that Dick's apparent complex and ambiguous denouements have always a meaning. The man in Black last scene is a pure mockery. (To answer Grand Potentate Grand Potentate ) Of course, since it has no real justification, it can mean everything : first hypothesis the Man in Black died during the main timeline of the 2d season and the last scene take place in the future where Delos is trying to resurrect the Forge project; second hypothesis the Man in Black was a robot from the start and the whole series was a big simulation made just for him, the hosts revolution included ; last hypothesis the screen writers had no fucking idea how to end the mess and tried to find a smart cliffhanger which has absolutely no sense. The last hypothesis is the strongest from my opinion.
There are quite a few vidoes about that on Youtube.
Most common thesis is that the version of the man in black in the post credit scene is a robot version in a future time line, supported by the fact that he is interviewed by a robot version of his daughter (who got killed by him in episode 9). I think they explained that in an episode with a robot version of Dalos himself and later when Dolores tests Bernard(s).
There are quite a few things that don't make sense, like the scanning to check whether they're hosts or humans, for example. How long does it take to check for synthetic components? A simple blood test would do as well.
All sounds a lot like the Matrix films, just a bit more stretched out. There are even hints of "I, Robot".
I liked the shogun world episode (mostly because I like samurai films and the actor who played Musashi, even though he is type casted in every movie he is in (Last samurai, Wolverine and even Twilight samurai). Sadly, the same thing is true when it comes to Anthony Hopkins.
The best episode was the one with Ghost Nation, I think.

Thanks for the theories Jupiter and Scherensammler Scherensammler I think between all of us in the household we covered most of what was potentially intended by the writers.

Good point about a writer using an ambiguous plot point or outcome supported by meaning as opposed to doing it simply for the shock value or as an attempt to propel the story into another season.

Patrick Melrose is excellent entertainment. Rather faithful adaptation of the books, which is a good thing, as they were hillarious as well.

The Frankenstein Chronicles a very decent period crime drama with Sean Bean and that actress who played the Queen's sister in The Crown. Some good elements in there, the literary references are a nice touch and the mise en scene and wardrobe is spot on for evoking a dark and dank 1820s vibe.

I finished Fauda last month and just started Secret City. Both recommended. I only got a couple episodes into Sinner, but if you are into crime drama I guess you’d like it. I’m waiting for The Expanse S3.

I finished Fauda last month and just started Secret City. Both recommended. I only got a couple episodes into Sinner, but if you are into crime drama I guess you’d like it. I’m waiting for The Expanse S3.

Fauda was good but started down the the unbelievable trail second season

I felt like it plateaus a bit in the second season and just didn’t know where to go. No idea where S3 will take us.

i just started watching wild wild country on netflix. holy shit i had no idea this even took place. what a crazy fucking thing. and i'm only two episodes in!

Secret City ending was pretty low key, but satisfying. Definitely open to a second season.

i just started watching wild wild country on netflix. holy shit i had no idea this even took place. what a crazy fucking thing. and i'm only two episodes in!

I didn't know about it either but surely there was alphabet agency infiltration/direction/co-option if not head guru himself an agent. Every major and most minor "countercultures" were gov grey ops.

Should I resubscribe to Netflix just to watch it Rambs? Does it go into gov involvement or is it mostly fake history propaganda?

AMC just announced that The Little Drummer Girl will commence in November!

Should I resubscribe to Netflix just to watch it Rambs? Does it go into gov involvement or is it mostly fake history propaganda?
nah, its easily available on the torrents. it absolutely mixes in the government and law side, along with the view from the town. i thought it was very well done, if a little anticlimactic.

nah, its easily available on the torrents. it absolutely mixes in the government and law side, along with the view from the town. i thought it was very well done, if a little anticlimactic.

I'm pretty much done watching any TV except football and volleyball. Keeping up on history, science, current events, and reality's hard enough.

Hah I knew friends in the orange people. It was pretty big here in Oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom