You know you shouldn't: Confessionals of DW

I like the look, but surprised everyone let you get away with just two buttons unbuttoned on your shirt.

I hardly ever wear ties anymore. 98% of the time if I'm in a tie I'm meeting a conservative client.

I hardly ever wear ties anymore. 98% of the time if I'm in a tie I'm meeting a conservative client.
Yes, but what I was getting at was that the Tom Ford aesthetic involves 8 buttons left open on the shirt, if not more. Similar to your avatar.

Sometimes I wear an unbuttoned guyabera in the mornings - same idea, but much, much more unsexy.

Yes, but what I was getting at was that the Tom Ford aesthetic involves 8 buttons left open on the shirt, if not more. Similar to your avatar.
Sometimes I wear an unbuttoned guyabera in the mornings - same idea, but much, much more unsexy.
Doom - Is there such a thing as a nice reasonably priced guyabera? I like the idea of them - but some look horrendous.

seamless - I'd like to know a bit more about what you sell in your shop, price range, target demographic etc. I'd like to see something like a diary of a menswear real life shop owner. Not an online or iGent focussed one.

Is there away to do it without being unkind to customers etc.?

I managed to get Bop over on TI@FNB doing it intermittently for a little while and was a good reality check as he talked about fitting odd shapes, getting alterations, all for normal people who weren't all into Suit Science and didn't have unlimited funds. However he left that scene.

I bought the Victory square and now I feel dirty. It does fill a minuscule whole in my rotation, but I could have filled it more cheaply.

you sponsor new ankle tattoos for luca rubinacci

congratulatiuonsrw4gehfd

I bought the Victory square and now I feel dirty. It does fill a minuscule whole in my rotation, but I could have filled it more cheaply.

i too am guilty of purchasing victory square as well as the map of mediterranean with Naples at the center. also have a few ties. i feel more dirty when i wear the squares than the ties.

Doom - Is there such a thing as a nice reasonably priced guyabera? I like the idea of them - but some look horrendous.

I'm sure they exist but haven't yet found one that's both nice and reasonably priced - outside of the occasional sale.

i too am guilty of purchasing victory square as well as the map of mediterranean with Naples at the center. also have a few ties. i feel more dirty when i wear the squares than the ties.

i think i own four rubinacci squares
no ties though

apart from that i have nothing to confess

i own vintage gucci bit loafers
but i think that is very cool and not bad

all you dandy pocket square wearers. non serious dressers. i pray for you all to save your souls and ask god to forgive you and not punish you for your feminine dandy ghey unpure behaviour

seamless - I'd like to know a bit more about what you sell in your shop, price range, target demographic etc. I'd like to see something like a diary of a menswear real life shop owner. Not an online or iGent focussed one.

Is there away to do it without being unkind to customers etc.?

I managed to get Bop over on TI@FNB doing it intermittently for a little while and was a good reality check as he talked about fitting odd shapes, getting alterations, all for normal people who weren't all into Suit Science and didn't have unlimited funds. However he left that scene.

I'll keep a little journal forb you guys. I'll try to do it without being rude to my clients.

I thought they were all reasonably priced?

One of the longest running shirts in my collection is a light blue guyabera I got from my old roommates dead uncle (true story).

I thought they were all reasonably priced?

One of the longest running shirts in my collection is a light blue guyabera I got from my old roommates dead uncle (true story).
Well, it depends on your perspective. What I've seen is where the cotton-blend (AAAHHHH POLYESTER IT BURNS IT BUURRRNNSS MY FAIR SKIN!!!!) is cheap, and then anything with a good hand and breathes properly is like 5x the cost.

Guyabera must be a poly blend. All cotton doesn't even make sense. That said, you really only need one shirt in the wardrobe, unless you plan on moving to Cuba soon, so you can splurge if wish without breaking the bank.

Guyabera must be a poly blend. All cotton doesn't even make sense. That said, you really only need one shirt in the wardrobe, unless you plan on moving to Cuba soon, so you can splurge if wish without breaking the bank.

Why does it have to be poly blend? Thought they were mostly linen.

Why does it have to be poly blend? Thought they were mostly linen.

Classically they were, but mostly poly blend now. Linen is tough to get the detail in and impossible to keep right. Poly blend is sharp and light.

Classically they were, but mostly poly blend now. Linen is tough to get the detail in and impossible to keep right. Poly blend is sharp and light.

Nah, a nice white plain linen one is still quite common. No fancy decorations.

Poly blend is not suitable at all for warmer/humid climates

You can see the difference in the classic cotton that Papa has on and mine with all the detailing. Mine weighs about zero ounces and is great in the summer.

Film Noir Buff Style Forum / Tropical ivy

331809b9.jpg.505x650_q85.jpg

6105_img_13601.jpg

I almost bought a bucket hat at REI. It was on sale for 10 dollars and was actually very flattering on me.

But I own nothing with which to wear it because there is nothing with which a bucket hat should be worn, which is not to say that it should be worn in the nude, rather that it perhaps should not be worn at all.

Still, I was sorely tempted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom