Ask A Quick Question

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
What's the verdict on this defect on a shirt of mine, a flaw in the broadcloth, or has this caught on a sharp coat hanger or some other self inflicted event:
View attachment 30100

Really? That doesn't look like a flaw to me - it looks like someone's used a sewing machine to stitch up a tear in the cloth.

P.Smith - Was the shirt like that when you purchased it?

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Really? That doesn't look like a flaw to me - it looks like someone's used a sewing machine to stitch up a tear in the cloth.

P.Smith - Was the shirt like that when you purchased it?
I've worn the shirt twice, which means after the first wash the mother-in-law, who does my ironing would have spotted it. So I don't think it was there when bought, but I certainly haven't caught it on anything.

Journeyman

Supporter
Ratings
How many buttons should there typically be on a dress shirt's cuff? For a jacket's?
Most dress shirts will have one or two buttons on each cuff. A few will have three, but I tend to think that makes the cuff look too busy and it also makes it longer, too.

Most jackets will have four buttons. However, some older jackets will only have one, or two buttons and there are some brands (or some people who have had jackets made to order) that have imitated that look and only put one or two buttons on each sleeve.

Top Bottom