The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Damn, those thing almost make Ecco look conservative.

Since Spring is fast approaching, I was browsing spectator shoes and came up these.

Edward Green Malverns

0306_edward_green__malvern_III_01.jpg

I've got a couple of pairs of spectators, although I don't have a pair of Malverns. Well, I do have a pair of Malverns, but they're not spectators.

Both my pairs of spectators are by C&J, one pair for Brooks Brothers and the other pair for Polo RL. They're certainly a niche shoe, but look nice in summer when worn with the right outfit.

Good fits wearing spectators? Are they warm weather shoes only? I am monitoring an eBay auction for a pair of Cheaneys. I want to experiment, but not sure the direction.

Good fits wearing spectators? Are they warm weather shoes only? I am monitoring an eBay auction for a pair of Cheaneys. I want to experiment, but not sure the direction.

Actually, I forgot that I've got a third pair of spectators, made by Alfred Sargent for Brooks Brothers.

The first two pairs of spectators are a combination of calf-leather with canvas, and I'd say that they are very definitely summer shoes, as they'd look rather odd if worn in cooler weather (although if you live in SoCal or Florida, you could probably wear them anytime).

The latter pair is a combination of calf with suede, and can be worn year-round.

I'll try and dig up some photos of examples later today.

Thanks. Looking forward to those pictures. I want to get some ideas how spectators can be worn with my wardrobe.

Do you guys wear your leather shoes sockless? I am afraid the sweat can damage the leather.

Do you guys wear your leather shoes sockless? I am afraid the sweat can damage the leather.

I suspect that sweat could quite possibly damage the leather, but in any case, I don't wear my leather shoes sockless because a) I'm sure it would be uncomfortable, and b) I'm sure that it would feel very yucky and that my shoes would start to smell.

So all the iGents be having da stank feet? Serious question. I see photos of people sockless all the time, not sure how to pull that off. Maybe they are just doing it of photographic purpose

I tried sockliner/non-visible socks, but they always slip off after walking.

I wear driving loafers sockless, but for some odd reason, they absorb moisture much better than say my Aldens or Ferragomos.

Cobbler ,Union are made in Spain in the same factory that makes shoes for The Shoe Snob and Septieme Largeur.

Very well made shoe.

So all the iGents be having da stank feet? Serious question. I see photos of people sockless all the time, not sure how to pull that off. Maybe they are just doing it of photographic purpose

No, they're just fucking weird.

I am sure they queue up for Botox injections to deaden the sweat glands, something my wife constantly mentions to me. I've asked her to ask her cosmetic surgeon to ask if he'd do a family deal: her face, my feet.

I got this email last week but only read it today. Bespoke-England has partnered with G&G to consolidate websales direct from G&G:

Hello,

This is a courtesy email explaining and introducing you to the future of Bespoke-England with regards to Gaziano & Girling. In recent months you may have noticed a lack of new stock introduced to the Bespoke-England website. This is due to talks between myself, Tony Gaziano & Dean Girling dating back to October where we agreed that with their knowledge of shoemaking and my knowledge of online retailing, we could create a better, more positive online experience for our customers if we work together. Therefore, from the end of April we will combine our online business arrangements to form a more powerful and user friendly website under the Gaziano & Girling branding. Our plan is to create a better online experience for you whether visiting the website to view it for pleasure or as a shopping experience.

There will be some very exciting changes to the online Ready-to-Wear collections where you will have the opportunity to purchase any of the shoes from the Savile Row store which combined with some of the current website RTW shoes will offer over 35 styles online when we launch. We also plan to introduce new styles to the online e-commerce store twice a year which we will keep you informed about.

We will operate our own “Group Made to Order” programme where you will have opportunities to purchase unique limited edition styles. These will be carefully planned by myself and G&G and publicised every second month. The current Bespoke-England Made to Order system will be updated and merged on to the new Gaziano & Girling website and will have a fresh new look although we do intend to keep this simple to navigate and won’t be changing too many things.

This is a very exciting move forward for myself and for Bespoke-England. I hope that your loyal support will follow me to my next chapter in online retailing and I can help fulfil your requests with your Gaziano & Girling shoes.

Bespoke-England Ready-to-Wear Stock Shoes – End of line sale in London.

I currently have approximately 150 pairs of RTW shoes in stock which I will be including in a sale in London on March 12th and 13th. This sale will also include some sample shoes from the G&G factory, shoes from J FitzPatrick and some clothing by Timothy Everest. The sale will be held at the Timothy Everest Bespoke premises at: SPITALFIELDS, 32 ELDER STREET, LONDON E1 6BT.

If you see anything currently in stock on my www.bespoke-england.co.ukwebsite but cannot attend this sale please email me direct so we can discuss the sale price and I can reserve these for you prior to the sale. Please only email me regarding current Bespoke-England stock online. The easiest way to do this is to use the “Size” tabs on the left hand side of the web pages. Unfortunately I do not have access to any of the other retailers stock included in the London sale.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

if find this combination of calf and denim in a balmoral to be a strange juxtaposition. a formal shoe, made less formal with the denim
900x900px-LL-71a0c3fe_ATT_1425052143985_20150227_085028.jpeg

what are people's thoughts on these loafers? i couldn't imagine wearing them but then again i hate loafers.
LL

As a fan of loafers, I the brown/white spectators tassels are passable. But I wish they were half brogued than long winged.

The black/white tassels look like female shoes to me.

Definitely would not pay 5 hunnies for those though, the loafers that is.

Last edited:
Ahh... I recognize his name now. Wasn't someone here who disliked this guy. The chocolate double monks look decent.

I like loafers but do not like the two tone to toe

i find these to be rather blobby as per Alden. i like the loafers you have on today as they have nice shape/lines and texture.

As a fan of loafers, I the brown/white spectators tassels are passable. But I wish they were half brogued than long winged.

The black/white tassels look like female shoes to me.

they couple my dislike of loafers and ambivalence towards spectators. i think you hit it bang on in that they look feminine

Definitely would not pay 5 hunnies for those though.

no. no.

Anyone knows anything about Antonio Maurizi? Have been seeing them popping up everywhere. Some shoes look decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom