The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Ed et al = Singapore-made shoes. Their website is currently being "renovated" but they say they are still open for business

Any idea who makes the shoes for Matthew Cookson (aka Shipton & Heneage, dismissed by tacky shill Shoe Snob as a fly by night seller though I find his styles a lot classier than those from that snobbish lowlife)? I know Grenson and Crockett Jones used to produce them, but not sure now.

All shoes from Matthew Cookson’s store - www.matthewcookson.com
I don't know who makes these but no C&J. It could be Grenson but Grenson now only makes one range in UK. So I am not 100%sure. 450 euros is a lot of money...

Does anyone knows who makes RTW loafers for Fosters and Son? The majority of oxfords and derbies are from C&J on the 337 last. Price is same as C&J handgrades. But the loafers that retail at 360 are not from C&J. Any idea?
Monet | Foster & Son

Kent Wang I think they are also made in Vietnam. It doesn't matter where are made. The question is why to buy a pair of shoes that you can't try? (unless you are in Singapore of course) but for that better take the ferry and go to Jakarta where there are at less 3 companies handweltings shoes.

Does anyone knows who makes RTW loafers for Fosters and Son? The majority of oxfords and derbies are from C&J on the 337 last. Price is same as C&J handgrades. But the loafers that retail at 360 are not from C&J. Any idea?
Monet | Foster & Son
Price of Matthew Cookson is inclusive of worldwide shipping. Btw, Shipton & Heneage UK sells OEM shoes from Crockett Jones at a substantial discount.

Price is inclusive of worldwide shipping.
I am not sure. I just wrote this because there is a seller now in EBAY selling a lot of Fosters. I am looking for a full strap loafer and there is one on my size with starting bid of GBP120 and BIN for 270. All new. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller is fosters themselves selling old stock/seconds.

Any idea who makes the shoes for Matthew Cookson (aka Shipton & Heneage, dismissed by tacky shill Shoe Snob as a fly by night seller though I find his styles a lot classier than those from that snobbish lowlife)? I know Grenson and Crockett Jones used to produce them, but not sure now.

All shoes from Matthew Cookson’s store - www.matthewcookson.com

C&J Audley
3.jpg

Matthew Cookson Connaught III
OX_34.1.jpg

OX_34.4.jpg

2.jpg

MC Shaftsbury
OX_26.1.JPG

CJ Westbourne
3.jpg

OX_26.2.JPG

SingleLeather.jpg

There certainly are similarities, but there are also some minor differences.

Really, without being able to see the "window" inside the sock-liner that shows the model/size details, it's going to be hard to definitively say who the maker is.

Also, although I'm sure that other makers can (and probably do) write "Made in England" on the sole like that, it's worth noting that the couple of pairs of Grenson shoes use that script, whereas C&J typically don't.

Also, the last on the Connaught looks different from the 337 last on which the C&J Audley is built, and the Audley also has closed-channel stitching, whereas the Connaught doesn't (although that's not definitive, of course, as C&J are entirely capable of adjusting specifications to clients' wishes).

i threw that up there because of similarities but you are right that it is not dead certain. the pricepoint is logical too plus the known relationship between MC & CJ.

Quite unlikely that Grenson makes the MC shoes, as their colourways are quite different, being burnt pine, cognac and tan (black too), but no burgundy or mahogany.

Spoo is auctioning a pair of navy suede tassel loafer on the Bay. So far it's only 66 dollars. Not sure how far it will go and it's UK 8.5 so unsure if they will fit 9D

Spoo is auctioning a pair of navy suede tassel loafer on the Bay. So far it's only 66 dollars. Not sure how far it will go and it's UK 8.5 so unsure if they will fit 9D

The conversion for Meermin is usually a full size down from your US size but it might be different for loafers. At that price if it fits it is a no brainer (I guess). They can make some nice shoes for the price

The conversion for Meermin is usually a full size down from your US size but it might be different for loafers. At that price if it fits it is a no brainer (I guess). They can make some nice shoes for the price

I am a true 9D. Careless of how much it is, not going to spend money on some thing I can't wear, especially loafers since they can be tricky. Not IS here.

I am a true 9D. Careless of how much it is, not going to spend money on some thing I can't wear, especially loafers since they can be tricky. Not IS here.

Checked Meermin and even for most loafers they recommend 8UK/9US

these guidi have really grown on me but sold out in my size and unsure of heel eccentricity:

518368_mrp_fr_xl.jpg

518368_mrp_bk_xl.jpg

I've got to say that those loafers are pretty ugly and they look as though they were made cheaply. The white-washed heel and sole edges don't look good, either.

Of course, being made by Guidi, they probably cost $700 or more.

I'd like it for myself only in a dark color and I guarantee they're more comfortable than any leather soled shoes you guys have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom