2017 Horse Racing meta thread

At least you avoided the fight on Ladies' Day. The one with the shirtless man putting up his fists.

Is that right? I'm surprised there was no female on female violence.

I liked the one bird with the purple hat and black dress - the blond, but then the caption says she is from Texas. My mate is still in crutches so didn't ask him if he wanted to go this year.

The highest rated horse in Europe - Cracksman- wins the Coronation Cup just getting past a 33 to 1 outsider.

Forever Together wins The Oaks for Aidan O’Brien. One of his many entries, ridden by one of his sons.

Roaring Lion named on the wishing well outside The Amato pub as tomorrow’s Derby winner. They have as good a success rate as any tipster. Saxon Warrior is the odds on favourite.

Nice, dry sunny day up on the downs,

Roaring Lion third at 10/1. Each way bet profitable. Odds on favourite was outside the places.

So the wishing well at The Amato continues to be a decent tipster.

Unfortunately the pub has gone gastro and only diners were admitted on Oaks day.

Anthony van Dyke wins The Derby. Had a couple of quid on at 15/2 at local bookies.

Also lost a couple of quid on Broome on the downs. Plus a couple of quid each way on a local horse in the five furlong dash.

Nice sunny day. Parachutists with flags and smoke trails descended on the grandstand. Very James Bond. Her majesty drove up the course later in a Rolls Royce.

Oaks weather was not so good. Got Salouen place in Coronation Cup otherwise no good despite betting on three horses in Oaks itself.

Is this the lead up to the Ascot?

No! The Derby is the ultimate horse race.

An Italian trainer Federico Tesio once summed it up :-

“The thoroughbred exists because of a piece of wood: the winning post of the Epsom Derby”

Derby and Oaks are one of the five classics. One Thousand Guineas and Two Thousand Guineas for the mile and St Leger for a mile and six furlongs. St. Leger is the oldest race but nowadays horses tend to go for the Arc de Triomph. Hence no great Triple Crown winners in recent decades.

Royal Ascot on terrestrial TV. Had one small bet on the first day. It lost.

Frankie Dettori had four winners in a row on Gold Cup day including the Gold Cup itself. Narrowly edged into second in the fifth race.

Royal Ascot on terrestrial TV. Had one small bet on the first day. It lost.

Frankie Dettori had four winners in a row on Gold Cup day including the Gold Cup itself. Narrowly edged into second in the fifth race.

Gambling man. I always associated Ascot with shagging loose women and overdressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom