2021 Olympics

Not watching. Happy to see Naomi Osaka go out. Hopefully she was asked no questions by the media to prevent the snowflake from melting. Liked the US women's soccer team taking a knee and then the loss. Also better that Simone Biles went out with an injury instead of old age dragging her down to a poor result.

I’ve been putting on in the evenings but it’s always so random what we see … between a million fucking ads.

I’d like to catch some fencing and skateboarding, but my youngest has really been enjoying the gymnastics. Swimming just isn’t a great spectator sport, imo. Also, I’m amazed at how fit the synchronized divers are when all they basically do is make turns and spins while gravity does the work.

Oh wait, Biles also pulled out of the team event for mental health reasons not injuries. Not used to losing.

I’ve been putting on in the evenings but it’s always so random what we see … between a million fucking ads.

I’d like to catch some fencing and skateboarding, but my youngest has really been enjoying the gymnastics. Swimming just isn’t a great spectator sport, imo. Also, I’m amazed at how fit the synchronized divers are when all they basically do is make turns and spins while gravity does the work.

This is un-Australian. 😄

Watched the waterpolo last night, Australian beat Croatia for the first time ever. Also caught a bunch of other sports. Our broadcaster has an app and you can pick and choose things to watch and also watch edited replays of events with no adverts. Assume there are similar apps globally? Love watching the archery but they never show the best angle where you see the arc of the arrow. Always on TV looks like the arrow goes in a straight line.

WTF toxic? Maybe that is why Simone quit. Masculine toxicity. Fuck me this is ridiculous
That was not toxic masculinity. That was not the behaviour of a man. But nor was it the way human beings behave. He needed a bullet in the head to calm him down. If that is not allowed perhaps Shooey could send him to boot camp to civilise him.

otoh the americans usually have a drum with them in the warmup area, and make quite the spectacle.
Obviously these largemouth yankees enjoy both rilling up each other - and intimidate the other teams.
Swimming is truly a sport with high emotions and big egos.

I have it on during weekends when I cook.

I saw France beat USA in men's basketball. People need to know how to shoot something other than 3 points and not miss consecutive free throws.

Naomi Osaka crashing out wasn't a good story but the host country is doing quite well. It would have been a shame if they cancelled it given I am sure they spent the last Rio Olympics cycle shoring up their training programs to enter and compete in all the events.

One thing I didn't understand was why they couldn't set up a real bubble and have people come in 14 days before and get through potential infections. It almost seems like they have people coming and going. I assume if you're finished on day 1 you can fly home earlier.

My favourite Olympian:

I know nothing about target pistol shooting, but the hand in pocket, one handed stance looks so casual like they are just shooting soda cans in the backyard.

90458900-C467-43A3-8DBC-A8F1278B62F0.jpeg

How do you think medal rankings should be counted? Total medals where all medals count as one? By Golds? Or weighted (gold is three, silver is two, bronze is one)?

How do you think medal rankings should be counted? Total medals where all medals count as one? By Golds? Or weighted (gold is three, silver is two, bronze is one)?

What does the IOC say?

Djokovic is out. Thought he would cruise to a gold medal.

My second most favourite Olympian and flag bearer for the refugee team.

Zimbabwe sends a white man for Olympics golf. Caddy is white too.

100m won by a half white half black man born in Texas representing Italy. The field is pretty poor. Personal bests needed to get to 9.8 and Bolt holds the Olympic record at 9.63 and world record at 9.58. No one entering the competition ever ran 9.7 flat.

100m won by a half white half black man born in Texas representing Italy. The field is pretty poor. Personal bests needed to get to 9.8 and Bolt holds the Olympic record at 9.63 and world record at 9.58. No one entering the competition ever ran 9.7 flat.

And yet it was a brilliant event. Not knowing who was going to win made it very interesting.

Jacobs has lived in Italy with his mum since he was an infant. Not sure what the colour of his parents has to do with anything anyway.

AMMGaCDwK3bcgEpfixdTFm-720-80.jpg

In the box and looking down, going hard for the world record. Normally they raise flags, to make the riders aware that they are about to catch another team, but none was here.

In the box and looking down, going hard for the world record. Normally they raise flags, to make the riders aware that they are about to catch another team, but none was here.
The Dane was at fault there. They should have been disqualified.

They should have been disqualified earlier actually for wearing plasters to increase aerodynamics.

I’m sure they would have been, if the jury found it was the correct thing to do.
Obviously it was an accident that no one intended to happen.

And the tape thing? UCI was asked and aproved the usage. Then backtracked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom