A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the First Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

I'm afraid you're seeing things again. The Nazis are killing people now, and want a state for their own race. The peaceful protesters aren't killing and want a state for everybody. I can't believe you're supporting Nazi protesters. Has the world forgotten the lessons from WWII?

Antifa are not peaceful, they're violent and destructive, as is their calling card wherever they protest.

I am not supporting Nazis, they are the flip side of the same coin but on steroids. But if the communists had gotten control of Germany instead of the National Socialists you would have witnessed the same death and destruction at least internally. Both are evil and totalitarian and very anti-Semitic.
 
What worries me with all this is that it takes the focus off today's problems. Quite recently there was a report about modern day slavery in Britain, there is also the issue of child abuse on a very large scale another, kind of slavery. Why are today's students not railing against these outrages rather than raging about a man who is long in his grave?

I do not buy the argument the Black-Bristolians are traumatised every time they walk past a statue of Coltson, or hear his name uttered.

I also don't buy the argument that black Americans are traumatised when they have to walk past a statue of a Confederate general.

There are present issues that are much more worthy of our energies than this.
I agree.
 
It's not retarded.

You aren't even seeing the retarded part of it. It's not the 'values of our time. I can walk down the road, today, draped in the rebel flag without a sideways glance. That's the reality. This notion of Soviet oppression is utter fantasy and you only diminish your point by spouting it.

People today are freerer than ever. The difference is many marginalized groups are more free and hence can fight back, like women and minorities. No one is oppressing anyone, they are just calling out stupid cunts and stupid cunts who were formerly shielded are butthurt. You can still be as big of a cunt as you want to be.
 
I agree, but if we are not careful we will loose all of this, as is happening in parts of Europe. So the time to draw a line in the sand is now.
 
I agree, but if we are not careful we will loose all of this, as is happening in parts of Europe. So the time to draw a line in the sand is now.

Well, I'm a libertarian tending towards anarchist, so I'll be on the front line throwing bombs if I detect any backsliding here.
 
IMG_5550.webp
 
People today are freerer than ever.

There is a Culture War that has been going on in The West for a very long time now. One side tries to create grievance and victimhood at the slightest opportunity.

I am not sure people are so free. Anarcho-tyranny means failure to police real crimes like violence but the pursuit of the law-abiding. The confederate stuff is a big feature of that culture war in the
USA. In the end the aim is to make people passive so they will not question more radical changes to be imposed by the managerial state.

I notice Baltimore removed four Confederate statues in the dead of night after a secret agreement amongst its local politicians.

Reason given ? Good old elf and safety.
 
I am not sure people are so free.


I'd love a detailed list of the myriad ways you are oppressed.


You have correctly pointed out to the group how these things are actually being removed though, by democratically elected local councils reflecting the will of the populace. Getting torn down by an angry mob like in Durham is highly unusual. Most of us don't want these in our town squares anymore, we want them in museums.
 
In this country people get sacked for wearing a crucifix at work. While Muslim women on trial are allowed to have their faces covered in court.

Christian bakers get prosecuted because they don't want to make a cake with homosexual messages on it. Private landlords similarly get prosecuted by professional victims to whom they do not want to rent rooms.

Meanwhile plod are too busy to turn up to investigate burglaries. But say something unkind about someone on tinternet and twenty coppers will arrive on your doorstep.

Want your kid to get medical treatment abroad? You can get prosecuted and put in jail if the authorities don't agree to it first. Yes that's right - you can't look after your own kids as you see fit.

It goes on....

That's why we have Common Purpose graduates running the police force.
 
What people nowadays, call Liberalism, is Liberalism in name only. It bears little resemblance to the Liberalism of Mill.

If it is the democratic will of the people to remove these statues, then they should be removed.
 
What people nowadays, call Liberalism, is Liberalism in name only. It bears little resemblance to the Liberalism of Mill.

If it is the democratic will of the people to remove these statues, then they should be removed.

To me, liberalism will always be drug fueled orgies. These fascist communist campus crusaders can kiss my ass...
 
In this country people get sacked for wearing a crucifix at work. While Muslim women on trial are allowed to have their faces covered in court.

Christian bakers get prosecuted because they don't want to make a cake with homosexual messages on it. Private landlords similarly get prosecuted by professional victims to whom they do not want to rent rooms.

Meanwhile plod are too busy to turn up to investigate burglaries. But say something unkind about someone on tinternet and twenty coppers will arrive on your doorstep.

Want your kid to get medical treatment abroad? You can get prosecuted and put in jail if the authorities don't agree to it first. Yes that's right - you can't look after your own kids as you see fit.

It goes on....

That's why we have Common Purpose graduates running the police force.

None of that is an impingment on your freedom, its just you having a whinge about what you need to do to have a job. I think it's dumb, but that is neither here nor there. It speaks more to a long running (ie. centuries) British societal problem than any culture war that has popped up.

In case you didn't know, you are selling yourself for money, you either do what's necessary, or you don't.

The medical thing is fucked up though, you guys should do something about that.
 
And if anyone doubts, here you can clearly see my General Lee grips on my bike.

20170816_185054.webp

20170816_185027.webp
 
White nationalists have perpetrated far, far more attacks on U.S. soil than radical Muslims. You have to go where the gig is. Either that, or the jihadis need to up their game.
nice. so are you going undercover into the prison system?
 
White nationalists have perpetrated far, far more attacks on U.S. soil than radical Muslims. You have to go where the gig is. Either that, or the jihadis need to up their game.

But who's chalked up the biggest number in fatalities since and including 9/11?

Here in Europe we are not yet seeing the terrible white nationalist terrorism that the US is experiencing. Our biggest threat that grows almost daily now, is Islamic terror and other cultural imports from the third world e.g. acid attacks in London.

After Islamic terrorism, the next biggest terrorist threat comes from hard Left groups, such as Antifa which rampage through our cities destroying everything in sight on the basis that as they're anti-fascists everything is permitted. Also our banks and financial industries are under constant, but not reported in the media, attacks from Communist and Anarchist groups.

It would be terrible if the US made the same mistakes as in Europe and underestimated the Islamic threat and the Communist threat on the basis that some residue KKK filth where about to takeover the USA. You've got bigger drug gangs killing more people than white nationalists.
 
But who's chalked up the biggest number in fatalities since and including 9/11?

Here in Europe we are not yet seeing the terrible white nationalist terrorism that the US is experiencing. Our biggest threat that grows almost daily now, is Islamic terror and other cultural imports from the third world e.g. acid attacks in London.

After Islamic terrorism, the next biggest terrorist threat comes from hard Left groups, such as Antifa which rampage through our cities destroying everything in sight on the basis that as they're anti-fascists everything is permitted. Also our banks and financial industries are under constant, but not reported in the media, attacks from Communist and Anarchist groups.

It would be terrible if the US made the same mistakes as in Europe and underestimated the Islamic threat and the Communist threat on the basis that some residue KKK filth where about to takeover the USA. You've got bigger drug gangs killing more people than white nationalists.

Banks are not under attack. In all the time I've spent in London I've witnessed one anti-bank protest, and it was super small and there were plenty of coppers to protect us. Didn't feel threatened anyways.

If you mean attack as in hacking, I've received maybe one or two phishing emails and only an idiot would click on those, they look super fake.

Stop being such a drama queen.
 
"the idea that organized groups of masked thugs with baseball bats and pepper spray should be given a free pass to do as much damage as they like, be it vandalizing statues or attacking people, just because they claim to be fighting against Nazis or against fascism ought to be offensive to the intelligence of anyone with even half a brain."
 
Banks are not under attack. In all the time I've spent in London I've witnessed one anti-bank protest, and it was super small and there were plenty of coppers to protect us. Didn't feel threatened anyways.

If you mean attack as in hacking, I've received maybe one or two phishing emails and only an idiot would click on those, they look super fake.

Stop being such a drama queen.

I can assure you, I don't mean just hacking and phishing emails, that's common across all industries.

I go to a security conference every year with the top experts in this field in Europe and every time it's the same, some lady from an EU body gets all disgruntled and bothered about the focus on Islamic terrorism, ''But what about the equally, if not worse problem, of right wing terrorist and nationalist groups?!'' They're then shot-down on the next screen with all the details of the Communist and Anarchist groups attacks on the banking and financial sector. They're not killing anyone yet, but there's regular bomb threats, kidnapping threats and small scale bombs.

I'm not a drama queen, it's a mere inconvenient fact that doesn't fit the culture war agenda.
 
I'd love a detailed list of the myriad ways you are oppressed.
That is quite easy actually. For a start, I suggest reading the famous essay on repressive tolerance, it is quite short and rather straightforward. You can also have a look at the concept of structural violence. I am no expert, but I don't there is much debate regarding those concepts, it is pretty well accepted (at least among people familiar with the topic).
 
That is quite easy actually. For a start, I suggest reading the famous essay on repressive tolerance, it is quite short and rather straightforward. You can also have a look at the concept of structural violence. I am no expert, but I don't there is much debate regarding those concepts, it is pretty well accepted (at least among people familiar with the topic).

I never posited they didn't exist. I'm saying none of you schlubs are subject to them. Unless you are an undergrad at Oberlin College or something I don't know about. I asked Kingstonian Kingstonian to list how he was oppressed and all he gave me was ways he is trying to create victimhood and grievance. Complaining about not being able to wear a cross to work isn't oppression, its being a whiny pussy not willing to do what is necessary to be gainfully employed. Same thing applies to a burka.

Except the medical thing, I'm still flabbergasted about that. If I was you guys I'd vote on that sort of issue.
 
I can assure you, I don't mean just hacking and phishing emails, that's common across all industries.

I go to a security conference every year with the top experts in this field in Europe and every time it's the same, some lady from an EU body gets all disgruntled and bothered about the focus on Islamic terrorism, ''But what about the equally, if not worse problem, of right wing terrorist and nationalist groups?!'' They're then shot-down on the next screen with all the details of the Communist and Anarchist groups attacks on the banking and financial sector. They're not killing anyone yet, but there's regular bomb threats, kidnapping threats and small scale bombs.

I'm not a drama queen, it's a mere inconvenient fact that doesn't fit the culture war agenda.

Security is super strict, but there have been ZERO bomb threats. The worst we've had is when someone's mini-fridge burned down under their desk, which meant the end of personal electronics bigger than a phone being allowed in the office. Seriously, you make it sound like there's an epic battle with communists, but it turns out household electronics are the real danger. It's all rather boring.
 
Communism? Jesus, talk about the ultimate lost cause. Anyone who is worried about communists needs their head examined.

Pertinent to this thread, the two worst pejoratives one can use are 'communist' or 'yankee'. I love calling people who piss me off communists.
 
Communism? Jesus, talk about the ultimate lost cause. Anyone who is worried about communists needs their head examined.

Pertinent to this thread, the two worst pejoratives one can use are 'communist' or 'yankee'. I love calling people who piss me off communists.

He thinks the U.K. will imminently be turned into a full on communist country...
 
I asked Kingstonian Kingstonian to list how he was oppressed and all he gave me was ways he is trying to create victimhood and grievance. Complaining about not being able to wear a cross to work isn't oppression, its being a whiny pussy not willing to do what is necessary to be gainfully employed. Same thing applies to a burka.

The same thing clearly DOES NOT apply to the burka. That's the whole point.

I am now assuming that you are being willfully ignorant.
 
Security is super strict, but there have been ZERO bomb threats. The worst we've had is when someone's mini-fridge burned down under their desk, which meant the end of personal electronics bigger than a phone being allowed in the office. Seriously, you make it sound like there's an epic battle with communists, but it turns out household electronics are the real danger. It's all rather boring.

That's a health and safety issue, nothing to do with security.

With all due respect, the empirical data is unequivocal: in Europe after Islamic terrorism, the biggest security threat on the number of incidents are to the financial and banking sector by anarchist and hard-Left communist groups. It doesn't mean there is a imminent revolution, but after the Islamists, the biggest threat are from these groups.

He thinks the U.K. will imminently be turned into a full on communist country...

Without doubt, if Corbyn's Labour party gained power there would be an attempt at creating a socialist state and a rerun of Venezuela Part 2. The Labour party remains the second biggest party and secured a large vote, they are an existential threat to the current order. Many parts of the new Establisment, particularly in the BBC, Channel 4 News, the police, judiciary, NHS and elsewhere are amenable to such an outcome as they will be part of the intellectual technocratic elite.

The threat is real and should not be dismissed.
 
Without doubt, if Corbyn's Labour party gained power there would be an attempt at creating a socialist state and a rerun of Venezuela Part 2. The Labour party remains the second biggest party and secured a large vote, they are an existential threat to the current order. Many parts of the new Establisment, particularly in the BBC, Channel 4 News, the police, judiciary, NHS and elsewhere are amenable to such an outcome as they will be part of the intellectual technocratic elite.

Well, I very much doubt it, so I don't think that you can say, "without doubt".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom