Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Bit bland for me, but linen and wool cloths are fine. Linen, wool and silk has a pit of a sheen to it. That can be nice for summer.

Personally though, I prefer pure linen if I'm honest.
I think the point is that he is wearing a linen jacket and wool trousers. Not that the cloth is a blend

Bit bland for me, but linen and wool cloths are fine. Linen, wool and silk has a pit of a sheen to it. That can be nice for summer.

Personally though, I prefer pure linen if I'm honest.
A bit bland as you say. Don't think the wool is the issue per se but the type of wool? Is that flannel trews? I doubt it would stand out more if it was summer wool.

Eh, Poole have always been pretty happy to do my linen stuff
Oh they'll do it. The problem is the constant pressing. You'll try it on after they've pressed it and it'll be all wrinkly again after you've taken it off. Tailors typically like things to look crisp. Despair rather than dislike is probably a better word.

Now gaberdine...

1654442921016.png

Oh they'll do it. The problem is the constant pressing. You'll try it on after they've pressed it and it'll be all wrinkly again after you've taken it off. Tailors typically like things to look crisp. Despair rather than dislike is probably a better word.

Now gaberdine...

No I meant they actually are fans. They recommend it quite a bit.

Time for some SWD. I love this moleskin jacket. The earthy colors all work well together. I don’t like dangly key things and those jeans probably need a little cuff. Overall, he managed to get a classic vintage vibe without going full cosplay this time.

Time for some SWD. I love this moleskin jacket. The earthy colors all work well together. I don’t like dangly key things and those jeans probably need a little cuff. Overall, he managed to get a classic vintage vibe without going full cosplay this time.

The jeans are a nice cut, but probably worn a bit short for those boots. Cuffs never look okay on five pocket trousers. The jacket is good, but it looks like he borrowed it off his little brother.

I like the look overall but execution is a bit meh.
Sleeves look weird. There’s something about overall proportions that it’s off.
Jeans could be a tad longer
Sleeves could maybe be a cm longer, but I wouldn’t change anything else.

Yes I’ve got some engineer boots for motorcycling. It looks like he borrowed his little brother’s jacket, roll-ups on jeans bordering on too big.
Horses for courses and YMMV, etc but it’s a Cossack jacket, which is meant to be worn slim and short. Generally m, you want to cuff above engineer boots high enough to show the buckle.

DA8046B5-5192-41CA-BD7C-1B86DA5EECB8.jpeg
B30A3B9C-FA22-46E1-A581-421CF7B7CE30.jpeg
B4C81D29-803B-45DB-B90A-D63E7513293C.jpeg
3B5B1B65-CF76-414A-9F92-DD72C2DF9FD4.jpeg

He has done well. An element of cosplay, but only a touch
i follow his ig "almostvintagestyle". i think, in general his jackets/uppers are too small, his clothes too new / missing signs of wear (--> cosplay) and the contrast of tight fitting jackets and wide and short pants in combination with high-heel boots don't suit his body type well. the individual components of his outfits are nice on their own, though.

^

Could I just remind people that my statement above refers to a pic from June and not to the current one. This is the guy I reckoned had done well with only a touch of cosplay
SmartSelectImage_2022-08-15-16-25-08.png

^

Could I just remind people that my statement above refers to a pic from June and not to the current one. This is the guy I reckoned had done well with only a touch of cosplay View attachment 44624
But my statement also applies to this pic, too. Too short and tight jacket, too wide and short pants, high-heeled boots, almost no signs of usage on his clothes. The non-existing patina aside, the fit and choice of his stuff emphasize what i believe is small height and what i guess to be a metabolism that needs to be dealt with carefully w.r.t. staying in shape.

Horses for courses and YMMV, etc but it’s a Cossack jacket, which is meant to be worn slim and short. Generally m, you want to cuff above engineer boots high enough to show the buckle.

There’s a general trend for guys to walk around in clothes that look too small for them, either that or rediculously baggy. The trousers aren’t cuffed, they are just rolled up, that’s how you could spot boys at school whose mums didn’t know how to sew.

1ECC7237-9C69-45F2-98C4-D11699676F8B.jpeg

Dude on the far right 😎 Cropped slim jacket and high waisted roomy trousers ftw!

There’s a general trend for guys to walk around in clothes that look too small for them, either that or rediculously baggy. The trousers aren’t cuffed, they are just rolled up, that’s how you could spot boys at school whose mums didn’t know how to sew.
With certain selvedge jeans, it's to show the fabric off to fellow pseuds.

Is that an English thing, like “turn-ups”? In Australia and the US, it is called cuffing.

Is that an English thing, like “turn-ups”? In Australia and the US, it is called cuffing.

Yes that’s correct we call them turn-ups. ‘Cuffing‘ is when you slap someone around the head with an open hand.

I wore some cuffed trousers when I went to the library the other day, the librarian looked up and said ‘Ah, there’s a turn up for the books’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom