Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Sammy Ambrose

Well I'd be happy for him to reccomend me the wine on offer to go with my main course dressed like that. As long as the service is good I wouldn't even notice his suit tbh.
Yes. Either a waiter with a white cloth over his sleeve as he pulled the cork. Or a circus ringmaster minus his hat cracking a whip.

Sauce

I don't know if its because the rise is low but the coat looks too long? Maybe its a bit of both, just looks off to me. But I have seen him in some good stuff but that just looks bad.

Sammy Ambrose

I don't know if its because the rise is low but the coat looks too long? Maybe its a bit of both, just looks off to me. But I have seen him in some good stuff but that just looks bad.
The jacket is too long. It's almost as if he is wearring talis.

But having said that, I've been having my tailors make my jackets a little shorter than the accepted length they wanted to go for for the last 25 years because I thought that suited my build. And any off-the-peg would be tweaked.

In other words, I might be being overly critical regarding the jacket's length based on personal preference.

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Dude on the left looks fine.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 6.52.26 PM.png

Lumpen

Looks like he was on the way to one of those not quite black tie alma mater reunions and took a wrong turning via shirt from Duchamp.

Nice eye, I like to see the jaquard floral fabrics Duchamp uses on shirts and ties. Ideal to go out at night for a Franky Knuckles house music party.

BTW, Sarto just sent me this pic of a tie they are making with those kind of fabrics.

1622577306649.png

Panama

Nice eye, I like to see the jaquard floral fabrics Duchamp uses on shirts and ties. Ideal to go out at night for a Franky Knuckles house music party.

BTW, Sarto just sent me this pic of a tie they are making with those kind of fabrics.

View attachment 38521
Are Duchamp still in business? They went into administration, closed the store(s) and their stock is available in TK Maxx.

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
I don't even care that this looks like cosplay, this guy is having fun.

Now, when I balloon up I hope to look like this:

alfred-hitchcock-library.jpg

Pimpernel Smith

Are Duchamp still in business? They went into administration, closed the store(s) and their stock is available in TK Maxx.
As my family like to say ''Let's go TK Maxxing it!'' It seems to fulfil a primal hunt instinct in certain people.

Duchamp have still got a webpage going, but now that FNB has neglected them, I don't suppose business is the same. One their designers left a few years ago and they went down pretty fast. All that was left was kitsch-garish cufflinks and wild jacquard shirts.

Sauce

When I lived in dear old Blighty I used to trawl through TK Max for Smedleys. Going back a few years but there was a period when you found them regularly, 15 quid a pop. At that price it didn't matter that they completely went to shit after five washes.

florisgreen

This redditer asks about his pocket square:
Naturally, the real crime here is the store employees who put him in such an abomination.
Almost everything is wrong in this look, but holding to the question: never wear a pocket square the same cloth and colour as the tie. Here I could imagine a pale blue one doing well.

Thruth

Created the finest posts in internet forum history
Supporter
He just looks like a junior employee who wears a suit for work. Acceptable and at least his shoes do not have square toes. He could feature in ‘The Office’ as one of the regular types - not the one in the territorial army
It is a lame narrow lapel jacket and his rise is too low for his waistcoat to fit properly. Other than that......

Lose the tie clip too.

Sammy Ambrose

He just looks like a junior employee who wears a suit for work. Acceptable and at least his shoes do not have square toes. He could feature in ‘The Office’ as one of the regular types - not the one in the territorial army
Spot on. This is just a young lad who is proud of himself buying a suit. He needs to be given a bit of a chance.

Last edited:

Otto

You can ignore the video content. I'm just perplexed as to what in god's name is protruding from Biden's front jacket pocket in the thumbnail image.

Sauce

It’s shamrock.

Because he is a plastic and proud of it.
Well said Kingy. I'm the least nationalist person you'll ever meet but his "BBC" comment really pissed me off. Partly I think because I'm not nationalist, partly because he isn't Irish and partly because everyone I know who lives in Ireland watches the BBC anyway to some degree. Not as stupid as his "poor kids can be just as talented as white kids" gaff but I bet it annoyed a lot of people either side of the Irish sea.

Sammy Ambrose

Well said Kingy. I'm the least nationalist person you'll ever meet but his "BBC" comment really pissed me off. Partly I think because I'm not nationalist, partly because he isn't Irish and partly because everyone I know who lives in Ireland watches the BBC anyway to some degree. Not as stupid as his "poor kids can be just as talented as white kids" gaff but I bet it annoyed a lot of people either side of the Irish sea.
Biden is annoying full stop. Dumpf had to go but how can a nation of such a size and such a history produce this. Having said that , they compare a B movie actor to Lincoln. Something is going wrong somewhere.

formby002

Biden is annoying full stop. Dumpf had to go but how can a nation of such a size and such a history produce this. Having said that , they compare a B movie actor to Lincoln. Something is going wrong somewhere.

I think it was Khrushchev who said that anyone can run the US.

formby002

His comment about white kids wasn't born of stupidity but political cynicism.

US politics is highly toxic and full of this bullshit and the reason why I get rather cross when dickheads in Britain try to import its obsessions.

Top Bottom