Guest viewing is limited

Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

1624469479764.png
1624469499619.png

Pitiful look enlighted by the necklace.
The necklace is very much the teenage gangster on his estate look. They tend to be very scrawny looking dudes, but Damon is getting a bit portly to carry it off. Plus those glaucoma spectacles not a good idea.
The style and the fabric of Hugo's coat don't suit each other. Massimo Cifonelli wears his horrendous favourite jacket. I usually like big tie knots, but his looks rather loose and sloppy, very 70s.

View attachment 39103
Big tie, short jacket, tight jacket with white sneakers...if only his jacket had been red:

The message in the photo on the fight: 'Fink before you buy a clown's outfit like me!

Now I understand that comment by Sauce. Jesus Christ!
What’s with the obsession with ‘neon blue’ among these people too? It’s not a flattering color for most people.

Now I understand that comment by Sauce. Jesus Christ!
What’s with the obsession with ‘neon blue’ among these people too? It’s not a flattering color for most people.
I certainly wouldn't call it "neon" blue. It's a nice, bright summer blue, very Italian/Neapolitan.

If I'm not mistaken, it is commonly referred to as electric blue.
I would call it rather royal blue, but defining a colour could obviously be tricky.

Nice to see someone daring some colour, the world would be boring if everybody would wear navy and charcoal.

Last edited:
I could as well put this one in the agreeable thread, as there are many elements (beside the attractive lady) I like, but Mr Ieluzzi's misuse of colouring the tip of his shoes in black deserves to be reproached.

Screenshot (211).png

On the other hand, nice colour composition and trousers with the right length, though too narrow for my taste. Noteworthy in the background that lovely combination of green and pink.

Agreed, the lady looks nice. Are the guys all short or is she an Amazon?

What is he wearing on his wrist? A chunky bangle or is that I’d wristwatch?

Matching tie and jacket is gross. As is suit, tie, waistcoat, hat …. and no socks.

Yeah, lavender is a great shirt colour. Lavender/white pencil stripe is wonderful. I'm drawn to lavender in window panes or overchecks on coats as well.
Have a few T&A shirts with lavender/white, lavender/green and other combinations. Those colours and patterns have a way of infiltrating your shirt rotation to become bit of a theme. It can be a bit like navy ginghams in all size patterns.

I could as well put this one in the agreeable thread, as there are many elements (beside the attractive lady) I like, but Mr Ieluzzi's misuse of colouring the tip of his shoes in black deserves to be reproached.

View attachment 39233

On the other hand, nice colour composition and trousers with the right length, though too narrow for my taste. Noteworthy in the background that lovely combination of green and pink.
god help me i kind of like that color combination outfit. might look better with some different color shoes though.

the guy in the background in the olive green special is a different story. clearly one of doghouse doghouse 's people.

god help me i kind of like that color combination outfit. might look better with some different color shoes though.

the guy in the background in the olive green special is a different story. clearly one of doghouse doghouse 's people.
You sure it isn't doghouse himself? 3 piece suit, tie, hat - and NO SOCKS!

I certainly have and wear prevalently single breasted jackets, don't deny however the attractiveness of a well cut double breasted, which is my first choice in case of an overcoat.

Here two very different kinds of a double breasted jacket, the left one being called 6on2 (referring to the functioning button), the second 6on1:

Screenshot (212).png

I certainly prefer the first pattern. Notice how bad that jacket falls on Mr Ieluzzi and how disproportionate it looks with the button fastened so low. Also the flaps pockets with a billet one are the wrong choice in my eyes.

Last edited:
Leluzzi has horrible 6x1s in general, for some reason he favors having the suit “hug” the belly as a stylish thing to do. You can find many examples on his instagram account.

6x1 can be a magnificent thing when well cut. A favorite of Caraceni, Ralph Lauren and the Duke of Windsor, among others.

1624865139631.jpeg

1624865161545.jpeg

1624865200798.png

1624865244813.jpeg

Agreed, there are better examples of that style, not for nothing I took it as a disagreeable look.

It's also a Cifonelli's classic:

Screenshot (214).png

Here the fastened button is correctly positioned.

Nonetheless this style gives me the impression to be somewhat unbalanced, it's like if you would in a single breasted fasten the lowest button instead of the central one. Of course it's my opinion and taste.

By the way, it seems that Edward Vlll wore rather 4on1 and 4on2.

2ada9eca96fb9907545dbd1b17a96fe5.jpg
duchi_windsor_inghilterra.jpg
images (11).jpg

I don't mind Lino, seems a happy sort of bloke. Terrible shoes though. Super ugly.
he is an opportunist and he wears flash clothing and horrible shoes. But his image drives his sales. I usually quite like what he is wearing. He wears it authentically and well. His ex business partner wore more conservative outfits, no? He does not look like a pedo like LoLoCifo either.

he is an opportunist and he wears flash clothing and horrible shoes. But his image drives his sales. I usually quite like what he is wearing. He wears it authentically and well. His ex business partner wore more conservative outfits, no? He does not look like a pedo like LoLoCifo either.

I like his ex-partner/employee. He works for Isaia now.

1179Gianpaolowalklores.JPG
Aghyes.jpg

I usually never post any pics on this thread but i find this one fully disagreeable.

20210621_133328-jpg.1631677
Actually I like this colour combination. The jacket is a bit short and the lapel too narrow for my taste, but to be honest I don't find this look disagreeable.
What do you dislike so much?

The wishy washy shades in the coat and pants are a bit dull for me. It might have been better with a solid white shirt and pocket square. The tie might have popped a bit. The shirt just detracts from the tie and makes the jacket and pants even duller. The satsuma in the breast pocket looks crap.

This is Gok Wan for dressedwell signing off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom