Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I wish that jacket was still around in my size when they did the summer clearance sale last month. Pass on the shirt and a hard pass on the combination!

dhoh92q.PNG

4hr7h.PNG

Yellow sport coats make you look like:

- Middle-eastern clientèle with more money than sense
- Someone that got suckered into buying a $10k sport coat at Bijan.

(There is a strong correlation between the two)

Th
Yellow sport coats make you look like:

- Middle-eastern clientèle with more money than sense
- Someone that got suckered into buying a $10k sport coat at Bijan.

(There is a strong correlation between the two)
The Venn diagram for those two is almost a perfect circle.

I’ve noticed a few of those looks but I got a bit sad by how few of the music choices I had even heard of!!!

:are.you.serious::seriously::omg:
The manly open chest button, does nothing for his widow peaks, Grandma glasses and tribal earrings. There's crimes against cultural appropriation there I'm sure, including a foreman navvie suit and Neapolitan style shoes with no socks.
Looks relatively innocuous to me. Stiff pose indicates he is not at ease but I have seem so much genuinely disagreeable stuff that this man does not register.

If I lived in a colder climate, I’d love to own a green cord suit like that.

I always feel a bit sorry for the people who get their ears gauged when they were younger and then must live with the consequences.

I’m a little biased, as I just bought the jacket.

The problem is the short pants and no socks. The shoes and shirt aren’t a great match, but not aweful.

That said, the dude has a weird shaped head - accentuated by the ear things and the glasses. The facial expression doesn’t help, either.

But as a brand ambassador or whatever his official title is, he takes a lot of swings and misses.

https://www.instagram.com/induere_to/

754115B2-FC07-468D-ACB2-E3004EAF7B06.png

I always feel a bit sorry for the people who get their ears gauged when they were younger and then must live with the consequences.

Why? You can’t fix stupid.

I saw a bloke on a plane yesterday with several facial tattoos including one of a two inch tall large headed space alien on his temple. If you’re stupid enough to think that ear gauges or face tatts are a good idea at whatever age, despite the permanent nature of doing this, then you’re beneath getting any pity from me. I know there are unscrupulous businesses but most places doing gauges and tatts don’t do them unless you’re at least 18. My mate is a tattoo artist and refuses to do faces.

As someone who works primarily with kids 18-23, I firmly believe that most people barely qualify as cognizant entities until 25 or so. The amount of stupid, reckless, and pointless shit I did ages 16-23 could fill a decently sized book. Post 23, I’ve been depressingly sensible.

However, if you are still stupid by age 25, you probably aren’t growing out of it.

I’m a little biased, as I just bought the jacket.

The problem is the short pants and no socks. The shoes and shirt aren’t a great match, but not aweful.

That said, the dude has a weird shaped head - accentuated by the ear things and the glasses. The facial expression doesn’t help, either.

But as a brand ambassador or whatever his official title is, he takes a lot of swings and misses.

https://www.instagram.com/induere_to/

View attachment 30914

To be fair to him, a lot of his stuff on Instagram looks pretty good. He needs to strike out on his own, buy a pair of socks and go and get his ears repaired by a plastic surgeon.

As someone who works primarily with kids 18-23, I firmly believe that most people barely qualify as cognizant entities until 25 or so. The amount of stupid, reckless, and pointless shit I did ages 16-23 could fill a decently sized book. Post 23, I’ve been depressingly sensible.

However, if you are still stupid by age 25, you probably aren’t growing out of it.

I was very focused 15-18 and then, I think it was some hormonal reaction to academic study, I just couldn't focus on anything other than going out and having a good time and attempting to get laid. It also helped, but hindered my studies I was working on the side in construction so I was rolling in the money compared to other Brit students at the time. This was before the big loans and such.

I agree you're really a kid until you get to 25 and things don't get really serious until your early 30s, if you're lucky. I've pretty much led a charmed life after I was 29 and I worked my ass off pretty much 7 days a week throughout my 20s.

Charming as it is to read of the follies of those reminiscing their do-nothing 20s and how they've now found the proper path, like I believe that, hows about getting this thread back to shitting on other folks' apparel.

Like the green corduroy number above. Why dwell on that simpleton's ear holes when there's real fodder in the completely crappy corduroy suit.; too short everywhere it's possible to be too short and (not expecting much agreement on this) too much shirt cleavage --- get some more buttons on that jacket. Pronto. Low-low buttoning stances, that's not the Anthony Eden look we all aspire too, right? A corduroy suit is a timeless thing and a terrible thing to waste, don't shit it up with Fall '18 GQ takes on what unseen fashion forecasters believe to be all cool'ed up. I have corduroy suits. Survivors of past years. They're the only ones that still seem age appropriate in advancing age. Or advanced age. Or like past due maybe.

Simply put he doesn’t look comfortable or living easy in that suit. Everything else would fade away into the background if he looked like he was in his old well fitting cord suit.

Cord is a great material. Cut a bit slouchy, you're professor at rest.

Its also, in fine wale form, makes a nice alternative to velvet for a DJ

But loafers with a suit?

Same suit, not butchered at wrists and ankles, without aura of alien freakishness:

A3890FC9-4546-493A-9DE7-6018C4BB07DE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom