Dogs, Badass or Otherwise

Jan Libourel

Just an update on our new golden, a bitch puppy my wife named "Laika." Compared to her half-brother, she is much softer, much more biddable and a total sweetheart, in other words, a stereotypical Golden. I hope to have her certified as a Canine Good Citizen in the not-too-distant. I fear her brother is too reactive and aggressive to pass the test although three of my Tosas did so. That should tell you something.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
out of curiosity Thruth, what's it run to feed those monsters every month?

what is a canine good citizen?
They are on a raw diet. Raw meat blends supplemented with to provide a full range of nutrients. Probably somewhere around $500 a month. Actually cheaper than buying high-end kibble which is all shit anyway despite what people and vets think.

Jan Libourel

The Canine Good Citizen certificate is something issued by the American Kennel Club to dogs that pass some rather simple basic obedience and socialization tests. I believe some hotels and motels that otherwise don't allow dogs will accept dogs with CGCs, and it may be otherwise useful in similar circumstances. It may also help in getting homeowner liability insurance, particularly if you do have a dog from one of the "badass" breeds.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
They are on a raw diet. Raw meat blends supplemented with to provide a full range of nutrients. Probably somewhere around $500 a month. Actually cheaper than buying high-end kibble which is all shit anyway despite what people and vets think.
Supplemented with what?

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Supporter
The Canine Good Citizen certificate is something issued by the American Kennel Club to dogs that pass some rather simple basic obedience and socialization tests. I believe some hotels and motels that otherwise don't allow dogs will accept dogs with CGCs, and it may be otherwise useful in similar circumstances. It may also help in getting homeowner liability insurance, particularly if you do have a dog from one of the "badass" breeds.
Interesting. Also good to know. Never heard of that before

Top Bottom