Hamilton Pocket Square - Etsy Store for Pocket Squares

Somewhere else I'd like to hear about the use of this new serging machine. Supposedly they are a bit different to use than a normal stitcher. I'm interested to see the results.

I got mine in the post. The plain purple one.

I've recently decided to limit my use of pocket squares to the half dozen beautiful cotton battiste handkerchiefs I've inherited from my dad.
Too long have I been lured by the garishly coloured Sirens.

Batiste is my favourite material for a pocket handkerchief. I've got a couple, the white one gets more use than any of my others.

You want a free square, buddy?

sure. why not. thanks for the offer.
if i have a choice, i would prefer white. but if its a hassle don't worry about it.
by the way, my charvet comment that you quoted was not intended as a put down. charvet shirts are almost 100% machine sewn, including their bespoke, and are still considered one of the best in the world. Also agree with the Russell Street Russell Street comment above that matching non-contrast stiching would look better on your colored squares.

sure. why not. thanks for the offer.
if i have a choice, i would prefer white. but if its a hassle don't worry about it.
by the way, my charvet comment that you quoted was not intended as a put down. charvet shirts are almost 100% machine sewn, including their bespoke, and are still considered one of the best in the world. Also agree with the Russell Street Russell Street comment above that matching non-contrast stiching would look better on your colored squares.
image.jpg

I like the tissue and the overall effect seems very agreeable, but to be honest I'm not keen on the edge. It reminds of something that I wouldn't want to be reminded of when selecting a pocket handkerchief.

What's the tissue like? It looks like it might be a little bit bulky and stiff, especially with the edging.

Fair points to make.The next style of finish I'd like to look into is just a plain coloured edge. I'm assuming I have to get fabric printed with a coloured border for that.

Last edited:
Fair points to make.The next style of finish I'd like to look into is just a plain coloured edge. I'm assuming I have to get fabric printed with a coloured border for that.
Try making some plain white squares with the solid edges, and if you can, make the edge a solid line without the loops visible.

Looking at grenadine and possibly other tie fabrics to import from Como, Italy.
Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 9.20.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 9.20.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 9.20.58 AM.png

No, not squares, I think that would be pretty ridiculous. I am very much set on trying to sell hand made ties at the local private club of which I'm a member and to whoever else I know that might want one or can be sold one.

Doesn't sound like it would work to me. If it was done, I presume it would be the very fine grenadines?

Hober has them in every grenadine weave.

I suppose it might work if you want a solid coloured, textured PS but not something I would acquire

No, not squares, I think that would be pretty ridiculous. I am very much set on trying to sell hand made ties at the local private club of which I'm a member and to whoever else I know that might want one or can be sold one.

Have you made any ties yet?

By hand made are you saying you will hand sew them with sexi hand rolled edges?

Have you made any ties yet?

By hand made are you saying you will hand sew them with sexi hand rolled edges?
I've sewn one tie by hand. I don't really know if I want to do it the way Gianni/Vanda does them, I'm not sure though... I just want the fabric and then make something up on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom