Jade Helm 15... worth worrying about

So the Washington Post is totally shut out from media observation of this, still oddly apologetic and biased. Pathetic.
Jade Helm 15, heavily scrutinized military exercise, to open without media access - The Washington Post
For months, some protesters have said Jade Helm is setting the stage for future martial law. Those fears have been mocked by comedians such as Jon Stewart and others, and the U.S. military has tried to reassure people about the exercise.
The Washington Post has several times requested access to observe the exercise, making the case to the military that first-hand media coverage would help explain the mission.
The military has granted access to Special Operations in the past, however. In one recent example...

First time learning of Jade Helm !

They always give the friendliest names to this shit.

I watched quite a few videos last night on this and Wal-Mart closing stores for six months for "plumbing issues," then retrofitting barbed wiring on top, expensive blast proof doors, and also mobile DHS watch towers in parking lots. Makes sense but damn.

I watched quite a few videos last night on this and Wal-Mart closing stores for six months for "plumbing issues," then retrofitting barbed wiring on top, expensive blast proof doors, and also mobile DHS watch towers in parking lots. Makes sense but damn.

Yeah, plumbing issues can cause riots.

Wal-Mart closing stores for six months
As they pointed out, those stores rack in the bucks and will be kept open at all costs. Barring outright building condemnation, this months-long closure is highly implausible. They'd have porto-sans and trailers out front and business as usual.

What states are those closed Walmarts in and which of those states are Jade Helm states?

I read that Walmart closed a grand total of five stores (out of how many thousand?) because of "plumbing issues", but I had not heard anything about the stores being fortified or having mobile watch-towers placed in parking lots.

That doesn't actually make any sense to me at all. To be frank, it's on par with the "New World Order secretly operates empty concentration camps throughout the US in preparation for housing opponents of the one world government" theories.

What I heard - and what does make sense - is that the Walmart stores that were closed were ones where unions were actively seeking to gain a foothold in the Walmart workforce. Walmart doesn't like unions and it can afford to shut a few stores, given the massive profits it makes. If you close the stores and fire all of the staff, you get rid of people trying to persuade the workforce to unionise and you send a strong message to staff at other stores.

This whole thread was a troll. Or that's what the government told me to post, at least.

Without the conspiracy theorists we will never be vigilant enough.

Just as science fiction writers heralded NASA space flights so too do the whackjobs that see government evil in every Walmart closed for renovations. Not sure what that evil is other than Walmart's inherent evil.

Conspiracy aside, we have no idea what their real objectives were. Did someone here really believe they were going to corral a bunch of bikers and libertarians up in a WalMart? This was a preparation for a risk the military sees domestically.

Did someone here really believe they were going to corral a bunch of bikers and libertarians up in a WalMart? This was a preparation ...
Exactly. They were practicing for mass roundup and detention of domestic citizens. Were they even hiding that fact?

It was a training exercise. The objective was to get all of the officers an OER (annual review) bullet point that states CONTRIBUTED TO A SUCCESSFUL FY15 TRAINING EXERCISE. And to hand out certificates of appreciation to lardass majors who never had the chance to earn one before.

The people who are most afraid of The Gummint -- the bikers, the "sovereign citizens," the bloggers who moonlight as pizza-joint sign spinners, and anyone who still writes in Bo Gritz for president --- are the ones we're least worried about. They shouldn't flatter themselves.

Besides, Posse Comitatus is a thing.

Last edited:
It was a training exercise...
Besides, Posse Comitatus is a thing.
Well yes and, unless one is thoroughly deranged, they don't train for things unless they expect to actually do them some day. I'd like to believe that Posse Comitatus would be respected, but the undeclared foreign wars give pause,as does the odd fact that the DoD can issue National Security letters to citizens under the Patriot Act (section 505).

So I think that we can now accept that, with the benefit of hindsight, nothing happened as a result of Jade Helm 15. No-one was rounded up into Walmart stores, no firearms were confiscated, no martial law was declared.

However, it was fascinating to see the sheer number of conspiracy theories that flew around as a result of the military being deployed for an exercise in Texas when Barack Obama was president.

As a result, I was also fascinated to see that there were no (as far as I'm aware) conspiracy theories circulating about the military being deployed to the US-Mexico border in Texas now that Donald Trump is president. Where is the alarm about US troops being deployed on US soil? Where are the conspiracy theories about it secretly being cover for an operation to declare martial law?

Heck, Trump's even declared an actual national emergency and troops are being sent back to Texas so that the Trump administration has a pretext for diverting money from other military programs to building some sort of wall fence and no-one seems worried about the troops at all.

Deep State is trying to topple Trump in an illegal coup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom