King of Dhaka discussion thread

image.jpeg

Yeah, he is probably back on the long millionaire lunches so he has fattened up. Plenty of cashed up blokes get fat when they dine of tasty lunches in good restaurants with good wine.

The king looks o.k at the moment, but give him a couple more years at fine restaurants and he'll be popping out of his clothes in no time.

Looks like he's been sharing LKP's tanning bed.

Looks like he's trying to look young impress the hip crowd and look good for girls. That's the initial impression l got. It's kind of working too, he looks more sporty now. Heck, he even wears a leather jacket and slick shoes now. It is possible he might be trying to impress somebody.

Last edited:
^I think having an eyeglass temple sticking out of your breast pocket, despite being deemed "cool" in certain quarters, is not a very good look. Those are curious buttons. From what I can make out they appear to be shanked. I am not quite sure how I feel about them. At first glance they resembled the leather buttons sometimes used on sport coats, which would seem incompatible with the formality of the suit. However, they are obviously not leather buttons--dark buffalo horn, I suspect. Definitely different. Being an old fogey, departures from the norm make me somewhat uncomfortable, but I can't say there is a "wrongness" to those buttons. Otherwise, he is very smartly turned out, as the King usually is, except when he tries too hard and veers into the real of costume--a risk for all of us like to turn ourselves out well, methinks.

Wow, way behind in this thread somehow lost my subscription to it.

Looks blind last pic.

Interesting blog.

He seems very earnest, unassuming and polite to a fault.

The clothes are his own choices and not the usual forum outfits. Some of it works, some of it does not - but, as others have said, he is still better dressed than most.

He does not look as though he is in the best of health though.

Not liking that dinner suit above.

The King has now grown some fur on his face. Looks like he has been living the good life too, he has expounded around the middle.
King of dharka 3.jpg

I read a few chapters of his book that I found online. Very interesting life he had.

he was charging EUR 300 for a 2 piece suit in his tailor ship and that was for the full canvas option.

Was in Rio when they had the dengue epidemic in the early 2000's, you have to get rid of the excess water everywhere, plant pots, old tyres and the likes. On the street I lived on in Ipanema, Prudente de Morias, there was nearly 200 cases. A long street mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom