Leather Jacket Thread

ojay

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem like you.
I ordered from simmons bilt and I am not happy with the result. I contacted them and they will not take it back.

They are saying it is a "custom order", but they have never mentioned it to me. Even on the final order they didnt mention it.
For me that is very shady behavior. They dont want to take anything back because it costs them money.
Maybe you have more luck.
Btw: In my case it always took them 5 to 7 days to respond.

I will never buy there again and I will order my next jacket from aero leather. Be warned.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem like you.
I ordered from simmons bilt and I am not happy with the result. I contacted them and they will not take it back.

They are saying it is a "custom order", but they have never mentioned it to me. Even on the final order they didnt mention it.
For me that is very shady behavior. They dont want to take anything back because it costs them money.
Maybe you have more luck.
Btw: In my case it always took them 5 to 7 days to respond.

I will never buy there again and I will order my next jacket from aero leather. Be warned.
Yikes.

Did they offer to remake it?

ojay

No, nothing. But Steve send me a long mail and told me that people like me ruining his business

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
No, nothing. But Steve send me a long mail and told me that people like me ruining his business
Yes, people who expect their jackets to be made to fit. you bastards.

Thruth

thicker but more pliant than horsehide
Supporter
I just looked back at my correspondence with them. Never had an issue with contact. Daily. Even rang them and got through regularly. Nor was my order cocked up. Things must have slipped over time.

Rambo

Supporter
I just looked back at my correspondence with them. Never had an issue with contact. Daily. Even rang them and got through regularly. Nor was my order cocked up. Things must have slipped over time.
seems to be the way of things in the world of fashion. start out like gangbusters, end up like gang violence.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
It’s now been a week without a response. I’m definitely not giving up, but I’m also looking at options here. If S-B give me a similar response to O ojay , I can either try to sell it off and start again with a custom Aero Ridley or send it to Johnson Leathers for a remake.

Rambo

Supporter
It’s now been a week without a response. I’m definitely not giving up, but I’m also looking at options here. If S-B give me a similar response to O ojay , I can either try to sell it off and start again with a custom Aero Ridley or send it to Johnson Leathers for a remake.
chargeback with your credit card company

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I finally got an email from them this morning saying I was SOL and that’s how it’s supposed to fit.

I created a thread on TFL about my experience and sent it to them. I got a nasty email from Steve in reply - but saying they will refund with return.

Guess I’m gonna try Aero next.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Looking into a modified Aero Ridley or maybe something custom from Greg fields now. Big step up in price, but I’m already emotionally committed to a new jacket.

Fields has some amazing Shinki leather and is a true craftsman - though I’m not sure what he will think about me wanting so many changes to his stock design.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I exchanged a few emails with Greg Fields and his base price is high, but Aero gets right up there with all the add-ons. Plus he uses some top shelf Japanese leathers. Really nice bloke, too.

He does a full m2m with any customization you want for that one base price. For an extra £100 he makes a heavy cotton try-on jacket with your measurements and specs to try before going into final production.

Last edited:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
I placed an order with Field. Production in mid-Jan, so it should arrive by my 50th. I’m calling it the MLC jacket (mid life crisis).

I’m going with the same stripped-down cross zip as previous attempt (with a V yoke).

gotta admit, I’d love to get a cafe racer from him as well some day:

1605793181836.jpeg

Top Bottom