Leather Jacket Thread

Meh. For that price you can get whatever jacket you want. I honestly don't see anything all that special about these Valstarino jackets for that money.

Can you give me some examples in the sub-700$ price range. No "if you just spend $200 more, you can have this!" bullshit.

Schott Perfecto on sale $590

Suede A-1 Leather Bomber Jacket P2550

image.jpeg

Considered the Schott one but I want mid to dark brown. Also the Aero ones don't have front pockets and returns would be a pain.

LKP LKP You're the one who originally suggested a brown suede Valstarino to me in another thread. Any experience with Valstar and why/why not to buy at this price?

LKP LKP You're the one who originally suggested a brown suede Valstarino to me in another thread. Any experience with Valstar and why/why not to buy at this price?

i do not own a valstarino
mine is made by mabrun
a friend owns a V though, it looks good and the quality is right
buy if you have the money...

Considered the Schott one but I want mid to dark brown.

Mid-brown would be OK.

I don't know why, but I don't like the look of the A-1/Valstarino style in dark brown - it just looks much better in light- to mid-brown, to me.

Welcome back Dropbear Dropbear . I've gotten Gustin's 1000 emails about them so far as well. They don't look half bad.

Thanks. It's been a rough few months, so it's nice to be amount friends here- even if I don't have much to contribute.

I haven't owned a leather jacket in 25 years and didn't think they were my thing. The email from Gustin and a little googling on who they are copying for this release and my interest is piqued. And I love the rich red-brown Colour.

They haven't put a price on them, but I'm guessing under $800 and they will be considered competitive?

Thanks. It's been a rough few months, so it's nice to be amount friends here- even if I don't have much to contribute.

I haven't owned a leather jacket in 25 years and didn't think they were my thing. The email from Gustin and a little googling on who they are copying for this release and my interest is piqued. And I love the rich red-brown Colour.

They haven't put a price on them, but I'm guessing under $800 and they will be considered competitive?
Sorry to hear that. Everything ok? We're here for you if you want to talk.

I saw the brown color and liked it immediately. I was thinking between $750 and $850. I think the Falcon jackets are around $800.

Thanks man.

I saw Aero and ESL, will look at Fslcon next.

image.jpeg
My main concerns at this stage are tgat it might be cropped too short for me (assuming they don't do slim or tall sizing) and those wide wrist cuffs.

Dropbear Dropbear - hope everything's OK with the new-ish job and with home life, too.

The Gustin jackets look nice. I think that a relatively short length best suits that style and I like the wide cuffs, too, as long as the sleeves aren't too long.

Price looks good!

Sizing worries me. I think I'd have to go large for the shoulder width. How big a project are leather jacket alterations? Chest and sleeves.

$499. But its "starting at", so I'm not quite ready to proclaim it the greatest thing ever.

Black is $499. CHL8 is $649.

I wonder if the colour bleeds like 1k mile boots?

Sizing worries me. I think I'd have to go large for the shoulder width. How big a project are leather jacket alterations? Chest and sleeves.

they're a fucking nightmare

As Rambo says, leather alterations aren't easy. Most clothing alterations places won't do them, so you have to look around to find a place. Having the sleeves taken up shouldn't be hard, but frankly I'd forget about fiddling with the chest - it just sounds like too much trouble and it could go wrong very easily.

Would it look bad to mix black leather jacket and brown leather shoes? I'm leaning to CHL8, but black also looks nice.

Obsessing over this shit is more fun than real life right now. Thanks.

Would it look bad to mix black leather jacket and brown leather shoes? I'm leaning to CHL8, but black also looks nice.

Obsessing over this shit is more fun than real life right now. Thanks.
Depends on the shade of brown shoe. Something like a dark boot wouldn't be bad.

Ren Sanchez (Gustin)

Mar 9, 4:11 PM

Hi Dropbear,

I agree with you, that you're between sizes and personally, I'd suggest avoiding these jackets if you don't think the medium will work. I think a medium jacket can work especially if you wear a 40R suit jacket. If you're a bit bigger than that, you would have to size up to a large which would also give you more length overall.

We're planning on offering other styles in the future, so if you don't get the jacket in this style, perhaps a future style will work better for you.

Best,
Ren

Fair answer.

What's with the new 'insider' label?

Didn't notice. Might be a lower level of affiliate. Yup, The Hanger Project is a Premium Insider sponsor, Bespoke England is a Featured Insider. That gets you featured on the homepage

Chromexcel is a thick, heavy leather that is prone to stretching. Just leaving a chromexcel jacket hanging would probably distort it over time. Not only that, but the heftiness of it just doesn't sounds like it would be comfortable to wear on the upper body. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom