Let's Talk About Denim

FTFY.

doesn't matter what the type of leather is. loafer is loafer. still too delicate a style for raw denim especially with a longer roll. need a chunkier shoe or boot.

anytime you have a thought about about what footwear looks good with raw denim bring this picture to mind. no loafer and no streamlined shoe or boot even if it has broguing.

LL
Of course it has to do with thr leather type. Cordovan is a more casual leather type than calf. So is suede for example. A pair of alden unlined chukka in snuff suede look bad too with raw denim?

Pls post a picutre of the footwear style you think suits well raw denim

Of course it has to do with thr leather type. Cordovan is a more casual leather type than calf. So is suede for example. A pair of alden unlined chukka in snuff suede look bad too with raw denim?

Pls post a picutre of the footwear style you think suits well raw denim
You just proved his point. It's the fact that the show is a chukka, not that it's suede, that makes it go with the denim.

Still waiting on those good loafer with jeans pics.

You just proved his point. It's the fact that the show is a chukka, not that it's suede, that makes it go with the denim.

Still waiting on those good loafer with jeans pics.

I wesr those combinations a lot , i would like to see how YOU wouod wear it. Always willing to learn from the best here

I wesr those combinations a lot , i would like to see how YOU wouod wear it. Always willing to learn from the best here
Calm down my fellow spaniard. Just because you wear it doesnt make it right or wrong.

Did i say that? I said i like, hence i wear it.
Spaniard?
It has to do The way you are saying it, as in you are the boss/top/fabioattanasio/institches/mafoofan/ilduce and so forth. Yours is an opinion and nothing more, just like rambos and thruth. Glad you like it, doesnt mean you are right. Also, who the fuck wears chukkas in leather and not suede? Also cordovan is for emmancipated faggots IMO. But thats just my opinion.

It has to do The way you are saying it, as in you are the boss/top/fabioattanasio/institches/mafoofan/ilduce and so forth. Yours is an opinion and nothing more, just like rambos and thruth. Glad you like it, doesnt mean you are right. Also, who the fuck wears chukkas in leather and not suede? Also cordovan is for emmancipated faggots IMO. But thats just my opinion.
I think you're reading into the language barrier

Wear what you like. All i am saying is that with raw denim and rolling you need a substantial shoe or boot. If you are rolling, denim looks better with boots

Don't have denim on today but for illustrative purposes, a casual cloth (Crammerton, think Army) or canvas + roll (especially a long roll) needs a boot (or at least a chunky shoe)

image.jpeg

Wear what you like. All i am saying is that with raw denim and rolling you need a substantial shoe or boot. If you are rolling, denim looks better with boots

Don't have denim on today but for illustrative purposes, a casual cloth (Crammerton, think Army) or canvas + roll (especially a long roll) needs a boot (or at least a chunky shoe)

View attachment 18208

Sure I will and thanks for the pic.
I understand your point of the cordovan lifers with raw denim, but I prefer wearing it with loafers than those boots that I would never wear in my life . They look Terrible to my eyes.

Thanks

View attachment 18208

When will you learn? Loafers go well with everything!

Sure I will and thanks for the pic.
I understand your point of the cordovan lifers with raw denim, but I prefer wearing it with loafers than those boots that I would never wear in my life . They look Terrible to my eyes.

Thanks

Of course you wouldn't. You are Euro. I wouldn't expect you to wear boots like that. You can't get Dandy Shoe Care to paint the soles.

In and of themselves, nothing. In association with the outfit? They do not fit with the rugged aesthetic of the other pieces from my point of view.

Might as well be wearing women's footwear.
Denim needs a substantial nod, or at least a wink, to work-wear, in shoes, belt, shirts and jackets

Oi - watch it sonny - I wear leather chukkas - a few styles

Seeing we are having a convivial chat about denim - I'm currently wearing a pair of SuperDry Japaneses denim. Got them given to me FREE - NWT. They surprised me - I'd never have though to try them on except I was desperate one day - but - they are high rise - 12.5 front, fit well, have a lined curtain waist band!!, aren't too baggy around arse & thighs or too skinny around knees and cuffs, nice rivets, button/studs fly, belt buckle holder tab at front, nice roomy coin pocket, bright denim, medium weight, bright stitching and so on.

I'd even buy another pair.
BUT. BUT.

I cant find any precise identifying details as to what model they are. There's plenty of marketing words & music & bullshit on swing tags and inside the jeans but nothing like a number or style. I had a quick squiz in superdry store and couldn't see anything resembling a facsimile.

Seeing we are having a convivial chat about denim - I'm currently wearing a pair of SuperDry Japaneses denim. Got them given to me FREE - NWT. They surprised me - I'd never have though to try them on except I was desperate one day - but - they are high rise - 12.5 front, fit well, have a lined curtain waist band!!, aren't too baggy around arse & thighs or too skinny around knees and cuffs, nice rivets, button/studs fly, belt buckle holder tab at front, nice roomy coin pocket, bright denim, medium weight, bright stitching and so on.

I'd even buy another pair.
BUT. BUT.

I cant find any precise identifying details as to what model they are. There's plenty of marketing words & music & bullshit on swing tags and inside the jeans but nothing like a number or style. I had a quick squiz in superdry store and couldn't see anything resembling a facsimile.

Check to see if you can ID them on their site

http://www.superdry.com/mens/jeans

Tried that - usually stuff has a model/style number somewhere - I cant findt on this - although there's a 500 word marketing speak essay in print on inside of pocket - weird.

Seeing we are having a convivial chat about denim - I'm currently wearing a pair of SuperDry Japaneses denim.

I must admit that I don't know where SuperDry makes its jeans, but I thought that I'd point out that SuperDry is about as Japanese as David Cameron.

The jeans have lots of writing inside and the word Japanese or Japan appears at. Least 5 or 6 times. Label says designed in UK. Made in China.

SuperDry is an odd brand. It's as though the designers saw a few of those odd "Engrish" shirts that you see in Japan and China and thought, "Hey, let's make a whole clothing brand like that, except in reverse, with odd Japanese instead of English!"

The label/slogan reads (in Japanese) "Kyokudo kanso (shinasai)", which means, rather oddly, "Maximum dry (must do)". All of the other Japanese phrases that I've seen on their clothing are similarly nonsensical.

Thruth Thruth

Anyone heard of the brand Shockoe Ateliers? It looks like they have nice quality denim that isn't particularly "raw as fuck" or too workwear.

They will be at this event:

https://americanfield.us/

Was unaware of them. Seems they are like many of the brands popping up in America selling denim to compete with the Japanese brands.

Hard to say what separates them from the other upstart craft denim operations like Ciano Farmer, Bravestar et al

They all claim handmade, variety of fabrics

Report back if you go

I am sitting here in my custom made LSuxire (un?)Jeans. Although I am not yet a fully qualified jeans scientist I am happy with my purchase and the making. Around $120aud - had a few iGentish requests/tweaks which they fulfilled well. Got them yesterday so haven't washed them to see dye leak, shrinkage etc etc but so far veri veri good. I think I could recommend to forum idiots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom