Love It or Hate It?

I would have gotten drunk with Hubbard any day. I mean, he was bat shit crazy, but the best drinking buddies usually are.

I would have gotten drunk with Hubbard any day. I mean, he was bat shit crazy, but the best drinking buddies usually are.
Imagine him trying to explain Xenu to you over drinks! That would have been fucking epic. "Wait, so he's this alien overlord brought all his people to earth just to blow them up with a nuclear bomb so that their spirts could hitch rides on humans until they die?" "YES!!! That's it exactly!!!"

Seriously, close your eyes and just try imagine that conversation for a minute.

I read the blog of that nutty Matt Deckard and he had a piece on flat waxed shoe laces. I haven't used flat laces in something like twenty years. My main memory is that they twisted up like crazy.
They do lend some sort of look. They'd probably look better on my saddle shoes.

I really like flat, waxed cotton laces and I've got them on quite a few of my shoes. I do find that they tend to twist up on boots but can't say that I've had that problem with shoes.

I don't think that flat, waxed laces suit all shoes - for some reason, I think that my longwing bluchers look best with thin, round laces done up in an overlapping "x" pattern (which is pretty much the traditional lacing pattern for them), but I think that most oxford/balmoral/closed lacing shoes look good with horizontal bar lacing using flat, waxed laces.

Then again, perhaps that's just me...

The King of Dhaka cannot be called boring.
2014080503.jpg

There's much to comment on here, but I'm curious about the combination of that tabbed collar and the ticket pocket on the same coat. Isn't this a mix of country and city details?
Also, the shirt collar. Is a pinned collars supposed to exhibit this much roll?

It would be far, far easier to compile a list of what's right with this, than what's wrong. In fact, it would be so easy, the list could be condense into just one word...Nothing!

It would be far, far easier to compile a list of what's right with this, than what's wrong. In fact, it would be so easy, the list could be condense into just one word...Nothing!
So my thoughts are overly pedantic or just making incorrect suppositions?

Hate it. I see no context where a boat shoe or more substantial country type shoe wouldn't look better. Wedge sole on a boot would be ok I suppose though I prefer crepe or a lug sole.

I wish the brown were lighter, and I know a few here hate the wedge sole. I see charm.

I'm actually going to do that to my rancourt boatshoes. Once the sole they have its going, i'm going to pay for that one. Mines are navy chromexcel though, the ones in naturalexcel look great too.

Courtesy of AAAC, something that I was unaware existed but is supposedly common in Japan, the 3/4 sleeve for men.
105528_w375_h500_q90.jpg

For practicality, I love it. But it looks too femme, I think.

Can't pull it off myself, but CdG H+, KKAttachment, and Viridi-Anne all made something similar last season. I almost bought the Attachment version and realized guys with big arms wouldn't look good in those.

I think they looked good under cropped sleeved jackets. I know I am the minority.

There was a black CdGH+ shirt with oversized 3/4 sleeves and large body that draped really well. Thought it would've been perfect for my martial arts training but sold out before I bought it.

CdGH+ has been hit and misses for me in recent years. Many of the pieces are too costume-y for me, especially at the price point the label demands. However it and Yohji do fit me well, so I usually try to dig for some pieces when on sale.

I love Chelsea boots and already own four pairs in various styles and shades of brown. The next logical addition is a pair in suede for more casual wear ... but something just doesn't seem right to me. Do they look like old man slippers or something?
500x1000px-LL-5a73f2cd_RMWmidbrownsuede.jpeg

Ooh, the plain toe with nappy suede could have a semblance to velvet slippers, if that's what you mean.

I love Chelsea boots and already own four pairs in various styles and shades of brown. The next logical addition is a pair in suede for more casual wear ... but something just doesn't seem right to me. Do they look like old man slippers or something?View attachment 6066

At the risk of fxh fxh telling me i am answering this because I AM old, no they do not look like old man slippers.

Old man slippers
lrgscaleFT278_BRN1_1000.jpg

I love Chelsea boots and already own four pairs in various styles and shades of brown. The next logical addition is a pair in suede for more casual wear ... but something just doesn't seem right to me. Do they look like old man slippers or something?
Not necessarily my first choice, but I think your suede options are going to be limited.

Why no chest pocket?
I'm ambivalent on the handwarmer pockets. I love the collar and square hem. The drawstring waist is ugly and any functionality could have been done better with belting or other means.

It fits like crap but the contrast buttonhole stitching is the worst part. The tunic collar on the coat and the banded shirt collar are fine with me.

Sadly it was the only halfway decent picture I found. Obviously, this does not seem to be very popular over here. So I will consult my tailor to do a cheap imitation of this 800$ Shanghai Tang poly blend. It should be linen or cotton, which I can then use as my new drinking jacket.

They made me puke

A little or a lot? If you volume spewed, you have much to learn yet about being an iGent. If they made you throw up just a little bit in the back of your throat, congratulations, you have just surpassed the threshold of being a true iGent and you will be able to virtually fist bump other iGents about how wonderful their MTO or bespoke creations are with only a slightly acidic burn in your esophagus to let you know you should know better

Vomit is a great harbinger of taste and if we avoid our gut feelings it is a subtle reminder not to do it.

I am in sympatico with my vomit chi. But of course I follow pig spleen weather forecasts instead of computer models from the weather service.

A little or a lot? If you volume spewed, you have much to learn yet about being an iGent. If they made you throw up just a little bit in the back of your throat, congratulations, you have just surpassed the threshold of being a true iGent and you will be able to virtually fist bump other iGents about how wonderful their MTO or bespoke creations are with only a slightly acidic burn in your esophagus to let you know you should know better
Was more like this:

the-fountain-vomit-1907.jpeg

Not only a slightly acidic burn. I have to learn a lot before I can become an iGent, I guess

There is a user on IG, thebigsartorialist. I am trying to hate on him but failing. He seems too good natured. Thoughts?

(His style is bad. But I prefer to hate on the person in the clothing as much as the clothing itself)

He has humour. Why do you want to hate on him? Besides his bowler hats and odd vests

It is hard to hate on someone good natured. Maybe you aren't bitter enough.

Ratio sent me an e-mail informing me that they have this floral fabric shirt fabric. I know I'd be all over a woman in this, I'm on the fence for whether this is too femme for a man.
587-product-916c58fb063bf746d7a58656ecf5d38ea3eaeabf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom