Menswear Experts - Do as I Say Not as I Do?

Undoubtedly. Too bad it says nothing about Spaniards!

Monty Python did give due respect to the Spanish inquisition though. And one of the main characters in Fawlty Towers was a Spaniard. So the good people of Spain got their fair share afterall.

Monty Python did give due respect to the Spanish inquisition though. And one of the main characters in Fawlty Towers was a Spaniard. So the good people of Spain got their fair share afterall.

Talking about our resident bright mind Spaniard. Where is he? Has he locked himself up in the Kiton dungeon w/o internet access? Is his Samsung broke? Did he get mugged and shot in the Spanish quarter? Poisoned by cheese or caught a virus the foreigners brought over from Africa?

True. For Sarto's sake it is good to have everything in one place so he can better focus his diatribes

Talking about our resident bright mind Spaniard. Where is he? Has he locked himself up in the Kiton dungeon w/o internet access? Is his Samsung broke? Did he get mugged and shot in the Spanish quarter? Poisoned by cheese or caught a virus the foreigners brought over from Africa?
He's over on SF.

The-Journal-of-Style-Pitti-Shorts-2.jpg

Interesting. When Flusser's Dressing the Man came out in 2002, I devoured it, and it was a big influence on me. These days he looks like nobody from whom I would seek sartorial counsel.

I do think the above pics of Flusser look abysmal.

But you don't have to be a millionaire to give good financial advice .

And
You don't need a weatherman know which way the wind blows.

I think a read through of this, or a re-read , might be of interest to those posters who have reacted in horror to, or in defence of one of the detailed iGent exploiters, Hugo Jacomet. Jimmy Frost Mellor, as Russell Street, was a major contributor to the thead. R.I.P. Jim.

I think a read through of this, or a re-read , might be of interest to those posters who have reacted in horror to, or in defence of one of the detailed iGent exploiters, Hugo Jacomet. Jimmy Frost Mellor, as Russell Street, was a major contributor to the thead. R.I.P. Jim.
Is this the same Russell Street or somebody using the name? There was a Russell Street on Styleforum who seemed to be an American.

Yes RIP Jimmy - a decent chap if you met him. Great shame about his issues.

Alden is supercilious personified. A man who believes his own shit does not stink and is unaware that people are laughing at him.

Sven Gentleman has a creepy, pervy vibe on YouTube. A lot of his outfits are crap too.

William Wardrobe did spend an awful lot on clothes but still seemed quite a personable type.

Fluffer has always looked like shit but got away with it and made a decent living out of the game.

Is this the same Russell Street or somebody using the name? There was a Russell Street on Styleforum who seemed to be an American.

Alden is supercilious personified. A man who believes his own shit does not stink and is unaware that people are laughing at him.

Sven Gentleman has a creepy, pervy vibe on YouTube. A lot of his outfits are crap too.

William Wardrobe did spend an awful lot on clothes but still seemed quite a personable type.

Fluffer has always looked like shit but got away with it and made a decent living out of the game.
I just assumed Russell Street and JFM (as posters) were one and the same. I was not aware of the SF American one. In this thread, responses are at first by RS and then by JFM. The same or different? Perhaps admin know.

'The game' it most certainly is. It's a shame that the real gurus do not have videos. Shooey would be great at it and would make enough money to buy himself some more Big Johnny Lobbs.

I just assumed Russell Street and JFM (as posters) were one and the same. I was not aware of the SF American one. In this thread, responses are at first by RS and then by JFM. The same or different? Perhaps admin know.
Different for RS. I honestly am not sure onJFM, it's been awhile and I'd have to go look

Thoughts?
Well, to be honest I haven't seen real monstrosities, except for Flusser in shorts and the complete gallery of Gilchrist. On the contrary I've spotted many good outfits. Jacomet in particular, so ferociously attacked in these days, makes a good impression in my view: of course he has a typically flamboyant and ostentatious style (those blue patinated shoes are unwatchable however), but it suits him somehow.

I was missing Mr Crompton here. I know, he's not more beloved than Jacomet, possibly even more hated, nonetheless, disregarded if he's a shill or not, if he buys (some of) his garments, an unbiased observer would recognize good style.

f988cb8dcedc3b9664505b10bf9a8914.jpg
4aaf04f44c3bb069b33b011e423f3949.jpg
tumblr_p2o7mphuJC1rclynjo1_1280.jpg
f_jt61t2ta1.jpeg

Less good outfits.
simon-crompton-in-Permanent-Style-oxfordPSOX_grande.jpg
images (5).jpg
simon-crompton-on-savile-row.jpg

Here another much discussed personality in menswear fora, Luca Rubinacci.

6fb8d07089ff88bda2270516b77ac38f.jpg
11310LucaRub1872-1000x1500.jpg
1d195f43cf83b9d70c26e47067de7aef.jpg
6a6d1daef13aed5fa3b9dbf1c086b7af.jpg
9539027c101e9b5d7f14b09b0fea18e9.jpg
b4706364427d1fb507f0fa5752e1c78d.jpg

Not a fan of those very square shoulders, very 1940s, but I appreciate the audacity in showing bold colours, even though not always best.

Notice the never failing multiple bracelets, a detestable mode of the current age.

Here another much discussed personality in menswear fora, Luca Rubinacci.

View attachment 37438View attachment 37439View attachment 37440View attachment 37441View attachment 37442View attachment 37443

Not a fan of those very square shoulders, very 1940s, but I appreciate the audacity in showing bold colours, even though not always best.

Notice the never failing multiple bracelets, a detestable mode of the current age.
Basically, he's the Italian mother's boy personified.

He pulls that look off very well.

I just showed that pic to a few women. They all approved. Move over Tibor.

Other menswear experts never get a mention.

‘Real men real style’ has eagerness to please and an intense delivery. You also get some open shilling - crappy watches, clothing and accessories. More recently, some hard luck/financial ruin stories have been included for a more rounded self-help package. Basic advice and some laughable content too.

‘The Style O.G.’ Menswear expert for black people. Opening introduction ‘Wassup dude!’ Then a follower is name checked and quite literally saluted. Heavy emphasis on appearing cool with some swagger as defined by the expert himself.

Badspoke shill Fabio Shill Atanasio is well known among the circle of deviants and other homosexuals. Just as homo Luca Tackynacci ! Who always mingles with other possible deviants from Via Chiaia.

Rubinacci looks like a phallus in gaudy tailoring.

I quite like Attanasio's style and he seems likeable enough.

Screenshot_20210503-152057_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210503-151406_Instagram.jpg

Yeah, can’t say anything bad about those looks. He used to wear stacks at half-mast and loafers always without socks. He seems to have climbed the ladder since then.

Rubinacci looks like a phallus in gaudy tailoring.

I quite like Attanasio's style and he seems likeable enough.

View attachment 37460View attachment 37459
I'm always wary and little bit intrigued by individuals who have portrait paintings commissioned and hanging around waiting to be framed. It's like they're searching for the ideal position to place it for the ultimate effect of basking in their own image.

Socks are for plebes
Here you are, if you prefer: Mr Attanasio sockless in a solaro suit.

15(1).jpg
12(1).jpg
8(1).jpg
7(1).jpg

Here the description:

Jacket details: Solaro fabric by Caccioppoli; wide peak lapels; unstructured shoulder, three ironed in two; three patch pockets; three buttons spaced on the sleeve
Pants details: side buttoning; without loops; two front pleats; flap of 5 cm
Bespoke suit by Fabio Sodano // Santillo shirt // Giorgio Ricciardi tie // N.H. Tailoring // The Bespoke Dudes by Kador 1962 glasses // Bow Tie loafers

To me, even though not a bad outfit, there are some details I would wish different: the peak lapel doesn't suit well with the relaxed look, especially accentuated by the patch pockets (even the brest one); the trousers are too slim and too low rise, especially in contrast with the volume given by the double pleats; those sleeve buttons look rather odd so much distanced. The shirt is too bland, but it's my taste, can't say it's bad.

The solaro is a great fabric, here the original:

Solaro_SW2580X_Harrisons_04_06_206893.jpg

Fabio Attanasio seems to be a fan, here another (better to me) example:

fabio-attanasio.jpg

Last edited:
He even manages to strike the much requested effeminate blogger’s pose: looking down after your lost change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom