Moleskins

5374144D-9B86-47F7-B05D-0AF3F3BC1542.jpeg
Another Gustin moleskin offering

Marlboro Classics used to make nice moleskins, cut in a jeans style.

Has dozens of those....

Another Gustin moleskin offering

Always difficult to tell what fabric will feel like, simply by looking at photos, but the Gustin moleskins don't look very substantial at all - the wrinkling/rippling makes them look like ordinary, thinner cotton trousers.

Always difficult to tell what fabric will feel like, simply by looking at photos, but the Gustin moleskins don't look very substantial at all - the wrinkling/rippling makes them look like ordinary, thinner cotton trousers.

And this gets to my fundamental gripe with them. I like the cut and the prices are often good, but fabric quality is a total crap shoot.

I’m thinking of trying the Spier & Mackays, though none of the colours really grab me.

And this gets to my fundamental gripe with them. I like the cut and the prices are often good, but fabric quality is a total crap shoot.

I’m thinking of trying the Spier & Mackays, though none of the colours really grab me.

Cordings moleskins, choice of the elite

bryllup574.jpg

I have Peter Christian moleskin. Nice and warm for an English winter.

They might suit The Shooman, he feels the cold.

PC corduroys are a very bulky cut though. Not as good as their moleskins.
I agree they would suit The Shooman The Shooman . The pair I had were far too warm for me. Unless they have changed the cut from years ago they are reasonably high rise and slim but not skinny cut.

*and doghouse

What puts me off Cordings, is their connection to Eric Clapton and they were the gentleman's outfitter of choice of UKIP leader Paul Nuttall. What worked well on Home Counties Mr Farrage, looked fake on scouser Nuttall.

And you just knew Farrage had got UKIP members a good discount and that's why they all looked like Cordings clones during the last election campaign.

Farage was a middle class City boy who wore what he wanted - yellow cords and shirts with ties, instead of the political clone look of dark suit with no tie. I don’t think there was much unity in UKIP. Farage always seemed to clash with various members and they mostly did not follow Nigel’s dress style.

Nuttall cannot help being a scouser. He does not have to dress like Derek Hatton.

Plus I'm not sure an Eric Clapton association is enough to put me off reliable well fitting trousers.

I love my RMWs but would like a second colour.
Seconded. I wore mine yesterday after just washing and they are filthy again already. Navy would be nice. RB Sellers do a nice navy Moleskin with the nap on the inside for only about $80 though.

Farage was a middle class City boy who wore what he wanted - yellow cords and shirts with ties, instead of the political clone look of dark suit with no tie. I don’t think there was much unity in UKIP. Farage always seemed to clash with various members and they mostly did not follow Nigel’s dress style.

Nuttall cannot help being a scouser. He does not have to dress like Derek Hatton.

Exactly, Farage had it, it was his own thing and he mixed the country with the town. Whereas Nuttall and some of his UKIP cronies were dressing in the full-on country squire look and then going to Bootle and Middlesborough. It was all going to end in tears.

The new leader of UKIP may prove to be a sartorial oddity too, I noticed in all the interviews last week he didn't have a belt on.

Last edited:
D607D4DA-CEBD-4DCF-9A00-3CCBBD084FE5.jpeg
6CDE4D35-0ED5-4AF1-8D53-D9D183828BC3.jpeg
Which one? I think the blue would be more versatile with my wardrobe but maybe to bland? The moss appeals more but might be less versatile.

I want a moleskin suit.

Wish we could censor jacket jeans pics from this site, or just all jeans.

It is just such a ubiquitous look in the American South that It seems normal to me now(though I dont wear it).
Oh it gets to be fairly ubiquitous (and everywhere) here too - but its very hard to do right and 99.9% of it looks shit like a sartorial mullet or worse. Its sad because theres so many other alternatives that are easy to do and nearly foolproof. If you must wear jeans - and it seems most men feel they must for some weird reason - then anything but a tailored "business" jacket is better. (A tie with jeans is just silly). Sometimes a (country) tweed tailored jacket will work with jeans, a corduroy tailored jacket will work and perhaps a moleskin. But why do it when there are so many alternative tops for jeans. And if you must wear a tailored business jacket - doggie I'm looking at you - thee are different types of jeans that would work other than blue (or worse black) denim - theres off white jeans, pincord jeans, muted tan jeans, brown jeans, moleksin jeans etc etc .

And don't get me going about the average blokes jeans, outside of a few, most mens jeans are just fucking awful. Either they are baggy gardening cheapos or too tight low rise monstrosities with back pockets half way down the thigh.

I want a moleskin suit.

Wish we could censor jacket jeans pics from this site, or just all jeans.

Why not some badspoke moleskin socks. And I'm all for censoring jacket and jeans pics, not so much for censoring all jeans pics!

i say green. the blue looks boring

I think I’m gonna say fuck it and get both. The blue just seems very easy to throw on for warmth and will work with 90% of my Office Pants. But the green is kinda interesting.

As for jeans and sport coat, I agree fxh fxh - has to be very casual unstructured and preferably cord, moleskin or tweed. If it’s casual enough for jeans,I’m going to want to pull out a casual (Harrington, leather, field) jacket since I don’t get to wear them that often.

I bought a pair of camel S&M moleskin trousers in their recent sale. Not as rugged as RMW, but the color is beautiful (better then my photo) I opted for the slim fit, which is a decent straight leg. the rise could be higher, but is ok.

The big surprise for me is that they are sewn fuzzy side out, instead of in. Is this common?

5935B652-9212-4BC5-B43C-B92F5D76C253.jpeg

Attachments

• AE8F892C-CB44-4801-AC0E-F8F7071DB8BA.jpeg
    AE8F892C-CB44-4801-AC0E-F8F7071DB8BA.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I have a pair of moleskin trousers fron Sartoria Valentini. More trouserish than jeanish in a color between oatmeal and caramel. Warm, soft, substantial, good looking. Just love them, a really good garment.

I just ordered the lovat and navy jackets, on sale today for $159.

7F2921DD-8B07-4638-9CF7-AD1AD9851C88.jpeg

Stock Manufacturing moleskins arrived.

Made in their Chicago factory

Midweight 10.3 ounce (350g)

Casual trouser, chino style pockets
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG

Thick Oxfords cloth pocket bags.

IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG

Coin, knife pocket on both sides but not deep enough for my knife

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

Bill's Khaki's have a couple colours of moleskin trousers on sale. Looks like a great price. I have no experience with the brand, but the fit looks to be 'bag of shit fat American', so they'd require some slimming to get to something a little straighter legged .

https://www.billskhakis.com/catalog/product/view/id/116304/s/m2-moleskin/?bk_color_product=5082

Bill's have:

model 1 = relaxed = swimming in pants ocean style

model 2 = classic fit = still swimming in the pool

model 3 = straight = wading pool

model 4 = slim = the only pair a dropbear should wear

I agree they would suit The Shooman The Shooman . The pair I had were far too warm for me. Unless they have changed the cut from years ago they are reasonably high rise and slim but not skinny cut.

I had moleskins and they were nice and warm. Gives me ideas to get some pairs for next winter. I am also going to get flannels and my first heavy oz tweed trousers. I am looking forward to winter, l want to wear all the really heavy trousers, the good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom