Music Of The Moment

I hated them st the time for being Melbourne uni wankers named after a fuckwit PM, but they had a few good songs:

I had this on constant play while shitting myself I was going to die in the next gun battle in East Timor:

I like finding surprises on youtube.

Here she is playing 3 trumpets at once. Wow. Such a character!

Last edited:
I thought they were great but I know sfa about brass classical music. I can photo the program. Before them was mainly woodwinds. It was just a chance, we were walking past the Concierge near Notre Dame when I saw the sign free concert at 7.30pm. It was 6.30. So we had a quick squiz at Notre Dame then and expensive ham roll, then walked back at 7.10 to get in . Concierge is a medieval building used in the revolution as a goal. Marie Antoinette was imprisoned there. If my French is half ok I later saw rthe program said “by invitation only places limited” and I think it was in memory of those who died in terror it attacks ini Paris. It was members of the police band or really an orchestra

I thought they were great but I know sfa about brass classical music. I can photo the program.

please photograph the program.

The amateur musicians are often better than the professionals
Yes, the tradition of classical brass comes from England, and indeed the standard is famous for being amazing. The classical brass is getting better in France, but still doesn't come close to rivalling the U.K.

The former conductor of the world famous professional army band called the `grenadier guards' was asked the question - which band is better, your local amateur band or the grenadier guards? He replied the local amateur band of knitting mill employees was much better in standard. See...those amateur factory bands rivalled the best orchestras in the world. YES, the coal miners and many other amateurs were some of the best musicians in history.

Here is an old coal miner playing in an amateur classical brass ensemble. This is what l am talking about! The youtube comments say it all.

I know heaps of amateur musos that could wipe the floor with most professionals. Amateurs play with passion where-as professionals can get alittle burned out and just go through the motions.

And here is another amateur brass group that plays to a standard that rivals and top orchestra in the world. The first 30 seconds says it all!

See...l want to hear real people play real music. I don't listen to druggies play music anymore. In other words, l don't listen to mainstream music now.

Last edited:
Shooey, I can’t find the link, but these men and women aren’t really amateurs they must be police and have studied at the conservatory

Shooey, I can’t find the link, but these men and women aren’t really amateurs they must be police and have studied at the conservatory

fxh fxh Yeah. I still like the old days when the brass musos never studied at the colleges. They were better in those days....better sounds and more musical. The kids these days can play anything written, but the spirit of the music isn't there like it used to be when amateurs used to practice in the shed at night. Music from the 1920's - 1980's was an amazing time in classical brass music.

One of the brass exceptions was this kid who was a stunning virtuoso at age 18 here.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20181012_230807188.jpg
    IMG_20181012_230807188.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20181012_230802889.jpg
    IMG_20181012_230802889.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20181012_230748307.jpg
    IMG_20181012_230748307.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20181012_230624436.jpg