Music Of The Moment

I saw Byrne when he was here a few weeks ago. Took the family. We had a ball, the audience was amped from the first song and it was actually a great night. I went in with low expectations (especially after reading the comments on here!) but just went with it, singing along out of tune and dancing around like a loon, much like the man himself.

I was keen for my son to see Byrne (he's a fan) because he might not come out here again.

Also, I've always thought his voice was ordinary, he can hardly hold a tune.

I saw Byrne when he was here a few weeks ago. Took the family. We had a ball, the audience was amped from the first song and it was actually a great night. I went in with low expectations (especially after reading the comments on here!) but just went with it, singing along out of tune and dancing around like a loon, much like the man himself.

I was keen for my son to see Byrne (he's a fan) because he might not come out here again.

Also, I've always thought his voice was ordinary, he can hardly hold a tune.

I'm glad he can still hold an audience and you had a great time. One thing about Byrne was that he had tremendous stage presence and knew how to capture an audience. Something he couldn't do in interviews or in his film True Stories.

i dig this
I was pleased with a lot if
i dig this

Pleased with how that analogue synth and sequencer sound has been seeping back into the mainstream, but I didn't release there is a whole Synthwave genre of future retro electronica. Been downloading as much of it as I can the last few days. Most of it excellent. You've got all the elements of 80s synth that made it so engaging at the time: that beefy synth sound, grandiose film palate mixing Carpenter/Tangerine Dream with the pop sensibilities of YMO and the British synth bands, just before it was hijacked by Stock Aitken & Waterman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom