Music Of The Moment

Unlike a lot of my contemporaries I was never very enthralled with Billy Bragg. However I’ve always thought that California Stars was catchy and good. But maybe that’s all due to Wilco

If you have Netflix. I can highly recommend the Twisted Sister documentary. It’s long. Highly impressive work ethic. A great rock n roll story. I’ve only ever heard their one song and I’m not likely to hear more. But I can’t help but respect them.

This was a song my dad introduced me to. Without making a big deal of it, he helped me to understand his post-war neurosis. Of course I couldn’t wait to follow in his footsteps and ended-up coming home with my own version of fucked-upness. ‘When I got home, I stayed alone. And checked behind each door.”

Unlike a lot of my contemporaries I was never very enthralled with Billy Bragg. However I’ve always thought that California Stars was catchy and good. But maybe that’s all due to Wilco

It's a good album that Mermaid Avenue, I had it on my Walkman first time I went to the States along with 80s Tom Waits.

Billy Bragg's reputation has suffered when it became known his missus is the interior designer to the stars and lives in a massive sprawling old hmansion in Burton Bradstock on the Dorset coast miles from the nearest chav and sink estate overlooking the English channel:
untitled.png

untitled2.png

Wilco was the less talented half of the Uncle Tupelo split. Jay Farrar and Son Volt are still amazing.

It's a good album that Mermaid Avenue, I had it on my Walkman first time I went to the States along with 80s Tom Waits.

Billy Bragg's reputation has suffered when it became known his missus is the interior designer to the stars and lives in a massive sprawling old hmansion in Burton Bradstock on the Dorset coast miles from the nearest chav and sink estate overlooking the English channel:
View attachment 31384

View attachment 31385

Mermaid is very good.

Saw Billy with Joe Henry last year, was a pretty good show.

He sold out a few shows here before Christmas. I didn't go, have seen him a few times.

Harriet Wheeler and Hope Sandaval used to be on every bowl cutted, anorak wearing, NME reading boys bedroom wall in my day

Mermaid is very good.

Saw Billy with Joe Henry last year, was a pretty good show.

He sold out a few shows here before Christmas. I didn't go, have seen him a few times.

A mate of mine saw Bragg on one of the Red Wedge tours and said he came out as a one man band. Terrific stuff, before he went all in your face virtue signalling. He did get into that before everyone else, so he was well ahead of the pack.

All that indie stuff from the early 90s washed right over me. I was all rare groove and world music at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom