Music Of The Moment

I am intrigued at what went wrong with The Fine Young Cannibals. 2 albums over 5 years. Well respected, but somehow lacking in output and development. Always liked this B-side:

The original two hit wonder!

FYC seemed to disapear after the releaase of The Raw & Cooked. Gift did a bit of acting too.

Duffy is talented, an original member of Duran Duran, went on to form a band called The Lilac Time who are excellent.

FYC seemed to disapear after the releaase of The Raw & Cooked. Gift did a bit of acting too.

Duffy is talented, an original member of Duran Duran, went on to form a band called The Lilac Time who are excellent.

I will check The Lilac Time out on Qobuz. Thanks.

There's a lot of ageing rockers and 80s bands that have upped their game over the last couple of years. Intriguing as no one makes money from records now. The last Lloyd Cole album, ABC, Iggy Pop, the Gallagher brothers, etc, etc. Electronica too is the best it's been since the early 1980s.

I will check The Lilac Time out on Qobuz. Thanks.

There's a lot of ageing rockers and 80s bands that have upped their game over the last couple of years. Intriguing as no one makes money from records now. The last Lloyd Cole album, ABC, Iggy Pop, the Gallagher brothers, etc, etc. Electronica too is the best it's been since the early 1980s.

The last Lloyd Cole album I bought was: Don't Get Weird On Me Baby which I enjoy, which I listened a few weeks ago.

Of course I had of Rattlesnakes, but then again didn't everyone who gave a fuck about music in the 80s?

Butterfly:

Rattlesnakes:

How many young feminists ran out to buy The Second Sex after listening this album. LOL.

Last edited:
The last Lloyd Cole album I bought was: Don't Get Weird On Me Baby which I enjoy, listed a few weeks ago actually.

Of course I had of Rattlesnakes, but then again didn't everyone who gave a fuck about music in the 80s?

Butterfly:

Rattlesnakes:

How many young feminists ran out to buy The Second Sex after listening this album. LOL.

That Guesswork album of his is well listenable. Much better than his album before that. Night Sweats is great about his coming off alcohol. Like Weller, the albums when he was getting to be an alcoholic are his weakest. Same too with Chris Difford.

True story at a party, I got my head kicked in by some lout butcher who was a year above us at school who stole Rattlesnakes from the host.

Styleforum thread for an early 70s festival showed Family topping the bill. Fleetwood Mac were below them.
Family were a very good band but never made it really big. Never cracked America. I suppose at the time Fleetwood Mac would only have the LP with the dustbins on the cover featuring Elmore James covers.

Styleforum thread for an early 70s festival showed Family topping the bill. Fleetwood Mac were below them.
Family were a very good band but never made it really big. Never cracked America. I suppose at the time Fleetwood Mac would only have the LP with the dustbins on the cover featuring Elmore James covers.

Yup. Fleetwood Mac were a very different band then and not with the radio-friendly success that the Nicks & Buckingham era brought post-1974.

Yup. Fleetwood Mac were a very different band then and not with the radio-friendly success that the Nicks & Buckingham era brought post-1974.

Virtually everyone's parents had a copy of Rumours, except the real old ones. It's probably a lot more listenable today than that other mega-selling album of the time, Bat Out of Hell. The other one everyone had was John Denver's Greatest Hits.

I flicked through Tusk the other night, spoilt by Buckingham wanting to get in with the sound of the new wave and Talking Heads. Still, Tusk is a great track.

Virtually everyone's parents had a copy of Rumours, except the real old ones. It's probably a lot more listenable today than that other mega-selling album of the time, Bat Out of Hell. The other one everyone had was John Denver's Greatest Hits.

I flicked through Tusk the other night, spoilt by Buckingham wanting to get in with the sound of the new wave and Talking Heads. Still, Tusk is a great track.

I still like and listen to the Tusk track all the time. BOH is still a hoot after all these years. It was schmaltzy and camp then and still is today.

Remix albums are usually pretty boring, but this might be the exception:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom