Music Of The Moment

All gone wrong for David Byrne's on Broadway vision:

I prefer the old, younger David Byrne, who was going to put the psychic arts to practical use...

Pub was fine. Just a screen in front of the bar. Plenty of space in garden. We moved inside when it got colder.

Met another pal on the bus so decided to go on to Wetherspoons. Screens between tables, queueing system. Had trace and tracker forms for customers to complete.

This is from the original film that was shot in '64:

That was meant to be about Bruce Springsteen. Never really took to that song at the time. Same with The Waterboys song about Prince.

I always thought The Waterboys, Prince connection was a myth. Never liked them, even though Whole of The Moon was a big hit for them.

Prefab Sprout were a good band, Paddy McAloon a talented lyricist. He was training for the Priesthood at at Seminary near where I was brought up. As was the comedian Johnny Vegas for a short time.

I always thought The Waterboys, Prince connection was a myth. Never liked them, even though Whole of The Moon was a big hit for them.

Prefab Sprout were a good band, Paddy McAloon a talented lyricist. He was training for the Priesthood at at Seminary near where I was brought up. As was the comedian Johnny Vegas for a short time.

The cousin of one of my ex-girlfriends went out with Johnny Vegas. There was some heavy shit going on there. Her aunty was one of these butch lesbians who live in a poly household and no men are allowed over the threshold. Her cousin over compensated for this and was ultra feminine but an almost contrived way to show her heterosexual credentials. The mother of my girlfriend was no better, lived in a house that stunk of cats and she believed her mum to be a lesbian too. She would never let me in her garage, but I did get in there once and was full of graffiti she had written when she had split from her husband. All men are bastards type of thing. A good escape there for me.

The last album by The Waterboys has some good tracks on there. But other than Old England in their back catalogue they've never connected to me. Saw them in The Hague and was unimpressed back in the mid-2000s.

Didn't realize The Angels/Angel City re-recorded "recharged versions" of Face to Face and No Exit.

Original

Recharged

Been listening months now but glad she broke out of quarantine

Car going by down in the street, playing Todd Terje's classic Inspector Norse from 2012. Took me back.

The classic, quirky teen angsty video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom