Oh, Canada.

What is our greatest export?

• Total voters

Arnathor

The Hamiltonian Hung Like a Horse
Supporter
Feel like talking about the great white north? Post it here.

Last edited:
I recently left a job with a Canadian firm. Most of my clients were out of Ontario, quite a change from our near neighbors, Quebec.

The owner was a very progressive Justin Trudeau wannabee, right down to the crazy socks and passive-aggressive behavior.

I recently left a job with a Canadian firm. Most of my clients were out of Ontario, quite a change from our near neighbors, Quebec.

The owner was a very progressive Justin Trudeau wannabee, right down to the crazy socks and passive-aggressive behavior.
Where to now?

The move? I went to a tier-2 consulting firm. Bummed to leave behind some of my clients, some of the smartest, funniest, politest clients I've worked with. Our firm started going into our personal lives in the name of corporate culture.

I was truly surprised how much Canadian gov't is up one's bizness. In the chat, it seems like pandemic lockdown is filled with tremendous overreach.

Canada is an interesting country.

I first spent a few weeks in Bay Street about 15 years ago. It reminded me warmly of the London, England I had fondly known in my late teens and early twenties. My 18 year old British daughter who also visited and who had just started a History degree at uni in England (and who travelled to a number of places in Canada) said how interesting it was that Canada was still a work in progress.

I wonder when and if it will become finished, and if it is necessarily a bad thing that it has a long way to go.

I think I like Canada, it’s like the US raped the Swedish, or something like that.

I recently noticed that a really expensive Canadian tax lawyer put pronouns in her email signature and that M&A contracts now apparently include a standard clause that “words importing gender include all genders”.

I like Tim Horton's. 🙂
I also like poutine.

I had eaten far better Portuguese bacalhau in Toronto than in Portugal. Same with the Chinese food.

Montreal is very nice, Toronto is very American but without the yankees.

Me likes Canada.

I like Tim Horton's. 🙂
I also like poutine.

I had eaten far better Portuguese bacalhau in Toronto than in Portugal. Same with the Chinese food.

Montreal is very nice, Toronto is very American but without the yankees.

Me likes Canada.
Tim Hortons must be the most pathetic, tasteless coffee in the world. And to have a national dish of chips gravy and curd cheese!

Was thinking about moving to free, non lockdown Moscow for a while. It’s cold 7 months a year, like Canada. What’s better in Canada?

The current government is a bit like those people you meet who have photographic memories. They are terrific surface conversationalists, dazzling with facts and stories their Mum provides.

Here are some official symbols:

Maple leaf tartan

tartan_feuille_erable-maple_leaf_tartan.jpg

Lacrosse is our national sport, not hockey.

crosse_et_hockey-lacrosse_and_hockey.jpg

armoiries_canada-canada_arms-eng.jpg

castor-beaver-eng.jpg

While we have no official National bird the common loon was voted to most likely be it.
Common_Loon_RichardPick_AudubonPhotographyAward.jpg

Toronto seemed fine forty years ago. Far more different nationalities than London at the time. Quebec was interesting but the natives were surly even if you attempted to speak French.

Banff was extremely cold even in late March. ‘Sunshine Village’ must be Canadian irony.

Vancouver lots of Orientals.

Whistler/Blackcomb a bigger set up than Lake Louise and nearby resorts - but drier snow in Alberta.

Toronto is great in that Porter Airlines flies directly downtown. Step out of the terminal and walk a few hundred meters and you're in the thick of things and can get wonderful Thai food at Pai restaurant within a few blocks.

I'm surprised Canadian Club didn't make the survey.

Spent the whole of 1975 and early 1976 in Calgary. My family emigrated and I never really got round to why we came back, something vaguely to do with home sickness. Well turns out my father would disappear every Friday after work with his mates and not return to Sunday evening. So my mum called BS on that.

One thing I do remember there was no fireplace and only central heating and my mum told me that the first morning I came down from the bedroom and asked where should I go? As I use to lie down by the gas or coal fire as Brit kids do.

Well, the truth about Thruth is that I was exported twice but I am only available domestically now.

Apropos sport: why no football? Country not really engaging in football. Very suspicious.
More people play football than hockey in Canada. It just isn't the official sport of Canada.

Alphonso Davies and Jonathon David are ranked amongst the top young players in euro leagues with €30 million and €50 million transfer fees. Our women are top ranked in the world but our men suck donkeys. Christine Sinclair has scored more international goals than any woman but I am sure you are now wondering why the beaver is Canada's national animal and not the donkey which carried Christ on Palm Sunday.

The Algonquins played lacrosse before whitey showed up. Hockey dominated for generations plus Canadian pro football predates those in the US.

A Canadian export invented basketball because Americans could not figure out how to cut a hole in the bucket to let the ball slip through. Americans used a ladder to retrieve it. Americans invited the basketball net. It was sewn closed at the bottom. Naismith recognized it but figured to let some other American achieve legendary status but suggesting a hole in the net.

So why would football be our national sport when only women are good at it and our men suck at it despite many having funny accents?

Is it a very Canadian thing to even know about your national women’s football team? To be welcoming gender diversity in the manly sport that is football? Is this the acclaimed canadian friendliness?

Sounds very friendly and Canadian. Also very Canadian and friendly to have kept that man in office.

Is it a very Canadian thing to even know about your national women’s football team? To be welcoming gender diversity in the manly sport that is football? Is this the acclaimed canadian friendliness?
Canadians have to relish and celebrate every Canadian achievement given the national inferiority complex resulting from living in the shadow of the USA although we tend to celebrate when a Canadian makes it big in the US despite while previously ignoring them up until that point. Plus the rest of the world knows sweet fuck all about Canada so we have to claw for relevancy. We are painfully polite but more communicative than Swedes so people assume we are nice when we really are not and we are kind of snotty in a passive aggressive way.

We know all kind of minute facts about sporty born women and those on the fluid side of things. 98% fly the rainbow flag.

Canada recognized the need of the LGBTQ2+2is4 for our international and olympic programs because we won't drug out girls to greatness.

Our national women's rugby team got their coach fragged even though an investigation said he did not harass, discriminate or cross any human rights or labour. How could the guy go back to work?

Our men can't play their way out out of CONCACAF. Costa Rica and Honduras are ranked higher.

That is why we know theses things.

That is very deep analice of Canadian soul. Thank you. Might explain something like Poutine which not even the Murricans dared to invent.

Caught twice exposing himself on camera!

This guy is a fucking tool who should be booted from Parliament rather than just take a temporary break from his committee role.

A disingenuous cunt who lies twice that he did not know the camera is on. How lame. He has been using whatever platform they use in Ottawa and all have mute and video kill buttons.

Canada cancels the discoverer of INSULIN. Why? He was a white male, there is no other logical conclusion. Welcome to the post-national state of Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom