The All-Inclusive Shoe & Boot Thread

Thruth

Big Winter Daddy
I'm surprised there is not a general footwear thread.

Came across these recent group MTO offers and wonder what people thought

1. Carmina U-Cap Boot in Polo Suede

Wondering what people think of this U-Cap design? Seems to have received enough people committing to buy as it has disappeared from skoaktiebowlofsoup

image.jpg

2. Some Meermin designs

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm surprised there is not a general footwear thread.

Came across these recent group MTO offers and wonder what people thought

1. Carmina U-Cap Boot in Polo Suede

I quite like the U-Cap design in a pair of shoes, but I don't think that it is as well-suited to a pair of boots.

Still, as you say, they seem quite popular. I know that the boot style has already been the subject of a couple of MTOs, firstly in cognac shell cordovan (as in the pic above) and then in a sort of burgundy museum calf.

I find a whole lot of ugly in most of these shoe threads. I just don't think there's huge room for variety in what makes a good looking shoe last. The proportions are so critical.

thruth - from what I can see of what you like, you'd do well to get a proper glossy, magazine from RMW and all the styles and variations they make - almost everything you've posted they do. In fact a lot of the above looks like copies.

I should also have linked to their captoe laceup but i got tired. They have some nice looking shoes too. I was just surprised with the number of chelsea and jodhpur models including what seems to be wholecuts.

RMW are great boots for casual and outside work. I have a couple of pairs. From a comfort standpoint only the Comfort models are, well, comfortable. Non-comfort models, well I might as well strap some rocks to my feet. That has been my experience. I'll get more if i ever wear the ones i have out.

Would like a chelsea or jodhpurs for work but I'm not sold on RMW for this purpose even though they are worn with suits in your neck of the woods.

My comfort craftsman's leather stretched something fierce to. At first they were nice and tight but over time they stretched more than I expected.

I'm always looking for other options.

hmm, just checked RMW and saw this, the Signature boot. $640 AUD. seems they have refined things a bit

4408_2.jpg

I should also have linked to their captoe laceup but i got tired. They have some nice looking shoes too. I was just surprised with the number of chelsea and jodhpur models including what seems to be wholecuts.

RMW are great boots for casual and outside work. I have a couple of pairs. From a comfort standpoint only the Comfort models are, well, comfortable. Non-comfort models, well I might as well strap some rocks to my feet. That has been my experience. I'll get more if i ever wear the ones i have out.

Would like a chelsea or jodhpurs for work but I'm not sold on RMW for this purpose even though they are worn with suits in your neck of the woods.

My comfort craftsman's leather stretched something fierce TOO. At first they were nice and tight but over time they stretched more than I expected.

I'm always looking for other options.
TCH TCH

Their magazine , strangely these days, is much more informative than their hopeless webshite.

I was only really thinking of their chukkas and jodhpur boots. The kangaroos skin is nice and their suede.
Not the famous 'lastic sided ones.

As a shoe newbie, a 'shnoebie' if you will, what do you think of these Cobblerunion oxfords? I know that shoes must be goodyear welted or they implode. Thats about it
I liked the inside, it reminds me of a brothel or a sports car interior
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of that brand before. Anyone?

Fairly recent brand, shoes are made in Spain. Had an affiliate thread on SF for a while, don't know if it's still active.

The quilted footbed is meant to evoke the upholstery on a Bentley or some such thing, and obviously works as a marketing tool, to set the shoes apart from other Spanish-made shoes.

I don't know how well their shoes wear, as I've only seen photos of new shoes, so I can't speak for leather quality, but they appear to be quite well made. I was quite tempted to get a pair of their split-toe boots in scotch-grain leather a while back.

They're pretty new. Their shoes are made in Spain, it works similar to Meermin, but they only sell through the internet there are no boutiques available. I believe for the price they are far better quality than Meermin, Meermin are made in China afterall. No idea about what tanneries they use. Their loafers are a lot similar to Carmina.

As a shoe newbie, a 'shnoebie' if you will, what do you think of these Cobblerunion oxfords? I know that shoes must be goodyear welted or they implode. Thats about it
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

Yes they are Spanish made GYW. So there are many competitors. Opinions suggest reasonably well made especially for the price point. Not equal to $700 shoes as they say but maybe equal to those that cost $100 more.

Apparently comfortable based on a thread on SF. Limited long term performance information.

Probably a step or two above Meermin, Septieme Larguer, Markowski and the other value GYW shoes.

If you like the style try them out. Good deal if you are based in the US. I'd suggest checking out Yanko if you are looking in that price range. Carmina prices have gone up so about $60 more plus shipping and getting dinged by customs duties

I don't get why carminas get more expensive when Euro right now is shit. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit. I have a couple of thous Euros and I can't change them because of how shitty the currency is fuck fuck fuck

Business brother. They just raised there prices March 1. If you are in demand see what the market will bear.

I don't get why carminas get more expensive when Euro right now is shit. Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit. I have a couple of thous Euros and I can't change them because of how shitty the currency is fuck fuck fuck

Stop whining and go put some duct tape on your Rancourts

Tomorrow I will bother you so you can help me with Yankos you Gipsy.

Fairly recent brand, shoes are made in Spain. Had an affiliate thread on SF for a while, don't know if it's still active.

The quilted footbed is meant to evoke the upholstery on a Bentley or some such thing, and obviously works as a marketing tool, to set the shoes apart from other Spanish-made shoes.

I don't know how well their shoes wear, as I've only seen photos of new shoes, so I can't speak for leather quality, but they appear to be quite well made. I was quite tempted to get a pair of their split-toe boots in scotch-grain leather a while back.

Clearly this works on people like me

US-based.

I am US based-ish so I might give them a whirl.

I'm going to be in Charlotte in a week or two, any brands that can be found in malls worth checking out? I'm guessing that designer names are mostly a rip-off. Although browsing through Neiman Marcus there are some 'marvellous' designs that can be had for equally miraculous prices
NMN2S1B_mz.jpg

NMN2VW5_mz.jpg

For that 'Just walked through a construction site' look
NMN39LL_mz.jpg

It turns out that I mis-remembered and that there wasn't an affiliate thread on SF, but that it was a thread started by someone who was interested in Cobbler Union:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/382719/anyone-ever-hear-of-cobbler-union

The owner, or co-owner, of CU chimed in a few times but I assume that he was a bit shy about posting too much, given that it wasn't an affiliate thread.

There are several reviews by SF members and a few shots of shoes "in the wild", which is useful.

Having seen the photos, I'm still tempted by the scotch-grain, split-toe boot...

Clearly this works on people like me

I am US based-ish so I might give them a whirl.

I'm going to be in Charlotte in a week or two, any brands that can be found in malls worth checking out? I'm guessing that designer names are mostly a rip-off. Although browsing through Neiman Marcus there are some 'marvellous' designs that can be had for equally miraculous prices
NMN2S1B_mz.jpg

NMN2VW5_mz.jpg

For that 'Just walked through a construction site' look
NMN39LL_mz.jpg

If you are US-based they are worth a look since they have free shipping versus the all in costs of buying from Europe.

Not much in the mall brands. Not sure if there is a Brooks outlet which may have some Peals which are good on discount. Don't know anymore if the RL outlets will have Polo shoes. The Italian ones are made by Sassetti and again not bad if at a discount. There is a Nordstrom rack which is hit and miss.

It turns out that I mis-remembered and that there wasn't an affiliate thread on SF, but that it was a thread started by someone who was interested in Cobbler Union:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/382719/anyone-ever-hear-of-cobbler-union

The owner, or co-owner, of CU chimed in a few times but I assume that he was a bit shy about posting too much, given that it wasn't an affiliate thread.

There are several reviews by SF members and a few shots of shoes "in the wild", which is useful.

Having seen the photos, I'm still tempted by the scotch-grain, split-toe boot...

Unboots of Crapmina quality.

If you are US-based they are worth a look since they have free shipping versus the all in costs of buying from Europe.

Not much in the mall brands. Not sure if there is a Brooks outlet which may have some Peals which are good on discount. Don't know anymore if the RL outlets will have Polo shoes. The Italian ones are made by Sassetti and again not bad if at a discount. There is a Nordstrom rack which is hit and miss.

Thanks, they've got a Brooks so I'll see what I can find

And a brothel and sport car interior are much alike - both have wankers inside.

I just called C&J in New York to check the price of Islay boots boots they quoted me $700 then I went to the Loake website and saw the bouford for 235 pounds. Are CJ that much better than Loake?

I just called C&J in New York to check the price of Islay boots boots they quoted me $700 then I went to the Loake website and saw the bouford for 235 pounds. Are CJ that much better than Loake?
Depends if you are after decent shoes to wear at a real job or you want shoes to take photos of and get approval from forum-ites.

Depends if you are after decent shoes to wear at a real job or you want shoes to take photos of and get approval from forum-ites.

I want something that keeps me comfortable all day long. I don't need fucking approval from you twats.

Then get loakes - value for money.

I'm please to see your disdain for seeking approval from twats here. I was thinking of twats elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom