- Messages
- 9,933
Like his brother did?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Like his brother did?
You had the same concerns regarding Roger Clinton, right?
If he was a president, most definitely.
The great Trump called her the worst Sec of State evar!Someone posted a link on FB about Hiliary's accomplishments, shall I post it here? I actually hope you guys can help me to refute the post.
Someone posted a link on FB about Hiliary's accomplishments, shall I post it here? I actually hope you guys can help me to refute the post.
The great Trump called her the worst Sec of State evar!
Trump Calls Clinton 'Worst Secretary of State' Ever
You're fired.Trump is a talking baboon.
Why the distinction? If Jeb is to be judged on the hours his brother put in, why wouldn't Billary be judged on what Roger did? (Which included being paid to peddle and purchase the Clinton's political influence).
His brother was well noted for being the president that just loved to vacation and he did so liberally and often. He was also noted for being a 7-8 hour a day when when he did work. Not exactly a hard worker. Bush Sr had his own knocks. Both tend to indicate what kind of president Jeb would make.
If Roger was a president or held any form of public office, I'd scrutinize as well. I clearly know less about Roger Clinton than you do, I am not aware of influence peddling.
Beautiful response. Use the phrase "well-known" so we just accept it as fact, make vague allusions to his fathers "own knocks", say both "tend to indicate". And again no real explanation of why any of it matters. Well done.
George W. Bush, in two terms, took 879 vacation days, which included 77 total trips to his Crawford, Tex., ranch. Nine of those trips were taken in his first year as president. (WATCH: Which U.S. president took the most vacation time? - The Washington Post
Jeb's work longer hours comment was stupid, but do you actually think that time away from the office is time off of work? Maybe I'm a little bitter, as I realized yesterday that I have fifteen hours (and counting) of conference calls scheduled (which come with at least seven hours of prep and reaction) during my "vacation" at the end of the month.
I think the "Americans need to work more" comment he made was stupid, pointing out he made that comment while on vacation was exposing the irony of it. How many of us have the freedom to make 77 trips (for free) to our ranches to "clear brush" and fish in a private lake in Texas? Or spend any time at all in a "compound" that belongs to our family in Maine? It's a wealthy elite family. I'm hesitant to say this since it's corpo-media knock on them but sometimes the label does match, it's a family out of touch.
If I was you I'd feel frustrated as well, nobody should be expected to work on vacation. They don't own you.
Who's "they"? I work for the government, i.e. the taxpayers. As does the president.
Seriously?Trump's Vegas speech was at least to say, impressive.
I don't particularly like him, but I think there is a need for people such as Trump to shake the establishment tree. Sanders excluded. I hate that goddamn commie.
Spoken like a true commie. At least I will be prepared if he makes a leeway. I still have some of that commie blood in me.
God help America if he every got in. The U.S. would become a dumber Canada with all the $$ going to the poors.
Won't happen though.
Except no money will be going to the poor. General American public is too fucking stupid to realise this.
Why do the same people who say "get the money out of politics" always want more money to be distributed through the political process? Assholes.
Ok, so if its not distributed through the "political process", how would you have it be distributed?Why do the same people who say "get the money out of politics" always want more money to be distributed through the political process? Assholes.
So one is forcibly taken, which makes it better?
Ok, so if its not distributed through the "political process", how would you have it be distributed?
Well we have to pay for elections somehow. So as opposed to having our elected politicians and billionaires emulate ho's and pimps, respectively, what would a viable alternative be?I'd rather it not be taken in the first place.
Well we have to pay for elections somehow. So as opposed to having our elected politicians and billionaires emulate ho's and pimps, respectively, what would a viable alternative be?
Do US parties get money for their election expenses, based on their shares of the votes?
In Germany the political parties are funded by membership, donations and government money based on their success (not on the money they actually spent).
Of course, the donations are tax deductible and often come from dubious sources (and for even more questionable purposes).
No, there is a public funding system but I believe all major candidates opt out of it because they get a lot more bribes, whoops, I mean contributions via the private funding system.
Candidates also must agree to:
- Limit campaign spending for all primary elections to $10 million plus a cost-of-living adjustment (COLA).6 This is called the national spending limit.
- Limit campaign spending in each state to $200,000 plus COLA, or to a specified amount based on the number of voting age individuals in the state (plus COLA), whichever is greater.
- Limit spending from personal funds to $50,000.