The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

Elsewhere Trump is beig labeled as "controlled opposition" in a very 1984 way where the establishment provides a false form of rebellion to effectively squash resistance. Note that Trump is pro-Zionist and has nothing bad to say about the Federal Reserve.

I do love this story of El Chapo threatening him via Twatter. Also, NPR's On the Media showed hideous bias in bashing Trump, despite their legitimate point about bad news polls where the results are meaningless given the margin of error, and that this is pure name recognition at this stage.
 
OK GOP Very Sorry You Misread Their Post Comparing Poors to Wild Animals

1341104746285411685.png


Yesterday, the Oklahoma Republican Party posted a message on Facebook comparing America’s food stamp receipts—almost half of whom are children—to wild animals dependent on handouts.

Today, party official Randy wrote to say he was sorry, so very sorry, that some of you “misinterpreted” his since-deleted post.

1341104746565469285.png


Of course, Randy’s intended message is now clear: The needy should be out there foraging for their meals in our nation’s parks, just as God and Ronald Reagan intended.

The Oklahoma GOP apologizes for any confusion.
 
Is there indignity in agrarianism? Should Ben Franklin be removed from money for saying
I am for doing good to the poor but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
 
OK GOP Very Sorry You Misread Their Post Comparing Poors to Wild Animals

1341104746285411685.png


Yesterday, the Oklahoma Republican Party posted a message on Facebook comparing America’s food stamp receipts—almost half of whom are children—to wild animals dependent on handouts.

Today, party official Randy wrote to say he was sorry, so very sorry, that some of you “misinterpreted” his since-deleted post.

1341104746565469285.png


Of course, Randy’s intended message is now clear: The needy should be out there foraging for their meals in our nation’s parks, just as God and Ronald Reagan intended.

The Oklahoma GOP apologizes for any confusion.

Are humans somehow unique and don't get lazy and complacent when they get handouts?
 
But you cannot compare them to animals. That is just wrong.
What's wrong with that, speciesist?

Get back to talking about candidate hero Donald Trump, who has blasted the sacred cow of John "Crash" McCain's war record. We know he had a nasty run as a POW, for the same reason that he was even allowed to fly, and keep crashing planes: daddy was an admiral. He was a war pawn, not a war hero.
McCain's mishaps in the cockpit - Page 2 - latimes
 
Nothing factually wrong with it. The wrong is using it in a time where it will be dismissed because it is deemed pejorative against the poors and certain subgroups that are over-represented.

As for Trump/McCain there is nothing to be gained by dissecting McCain's military and war experience especially with lame ass backtracking. Trump should have stuck to his line of attack but instead sucked up and came off looking stupid especially with his lame ass personal experience
 
What's wrong with that, speciesist?

Get back to talking about candidate hero Donald Trump, who has blasted the sacred cow of John "Crash" McCain's war record. We know he had a nasty run as a POW, for the same reason that he was even allowed to fly, and keep crashing planes: daddy was an admiral. He was a war pawn, not a war hero.
McCain's mishaps in the cockpit - Page 2 - latimes

Reread your post. Others in his shoes have been called war heroes, but you seem to be saying that because he was a below-average pilot, he's not.

Meanwhile, 99% of America takes a xanax to deal with the baristas at Starbucks.
 
Trump should have stuck to his line of attack but instead sucked up and came off looking stupid especially with his lame ass personal experience
He clarified immediately, like one second afterward.
Trump hasn't fucked me over anywhere as badly as Johnboy, so I'm fine with him not having been a mercenary.
Reread your post.
I see a distinction between suffering, misfortune, haplessness, and heroism. I guess you could say we're all fighting a personal war and we're all war heroes. Staying alive in captivity (and according to some, he was treated well because they knew his negotiating value...or he was a squealer) does not imply great character anymore than being in a penal prison does. Enduring hardship involuntarily doesn't really mean heroism to me.
 
If i had a vote I could not vote for Trump. He had a bone spur which is a sign of inferior genetics. He doesn't even know which foot. How can you have a president who doesn't know which foot is which?
 
He clarified immediately, like one second afterward.
Trump hasn't fucked me over anywhere as badly as Johnboy, so I'm fine with him not having been a mercenary.

I see a distinction between suffering, misfortune, haplessness, and heroism. I guess you could say we're all fighting a personal war and we're all war heroes. Staying alive in captivity (and according to some, he was treated well because they knew his negotiating value...or he was a squealer) does not imply great character anymore than being in a penal prison does. Enduring hardship involuntarily doesn't really mean heroism to me.

It wasn't involuntary. He volunteered to fly combat missions knowing it was a possibility. He endured prison with a broken spine, cracked face, and was beaten repeatedly (as his face is still testament to).
 
AFAIK, McCain in no way volunteered to enter or remain imprisoned. Accepting the risks of war is not heroics, as every soldier does that.
BTW, it seems his arms were broken because of improper body positioning during ejection, despite his experience ejecting from crashing planes.
"Okay, I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." - John McCain

Were he not such an odious hypocrite and threat to America, I wouldn't bring up such nastiness. But let's face it, McCain sucks.
 
Jeb Bush is a tool. I think most of the political junkies in this forum know that the Elite do not want a middle class to exist anymore, no more upward mobility, no more 'American Dream'.

How about no more political dynasties? No more Bushs and Clintons. For Christ's sake, how short term is the American voters memory?

I'm tired of these clowns in government, on both sides of the Canada/US border.
 
I wouldn't hold blood relations against them were either in any way a decent-minded candidate with good ideas and character.
This is in no way the case. They are both vile.
 
a decent-minded candidate with good ideas and character.

Either will be corrupted after being in office a little while. The trouble (to me as an outsider) seems to be that both major parties are so desperate for power that they forget what they are supposed to do: Serve the people of their country. All of them, not just a few who paid for their election.
 
Well yes, it was a hypothetical. I always vote independent (akak third party) for presidential elections anyway, as my vote has no influence on the electors.
 
If I was an American I'd vote for Rand Paul, he's the only guy I think is legitimate about actually following the constitution. Are there other 3rd party folks that are worth following? If Trump means what he says, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for him.
 
If I was an American I'd vote for Rand Paul, he's the only guy I think is legitimate about actually following the constitution. Are there other 3rd party folks that are worth following? If Trump means what he says, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for him.

So Arnathor Arnathor since you like 3rd party/fringe candidates, how will you vote in the upcoming Federal election in the Fall?
 
Are there other 3rd party folks that are worth following?
In terms of good ideas, almost all of them are better. I could rattle off names, but they are generally all of the same libertarian streak. The thing is that third party is starting at the beginning and most people want to back the winner so they vote establishment. I'm voting now for the change that I want, be it tomorrow or a few decades from now.
Also,
 
AFAIK, McCain in no way volunteered to enter or remain imprisoned. Accepting the risks of war is not heroics, as every soldier does that.
BTW, it seems his arms were broken because of improper body positioning during ejection, despite his experience ejecting from crashing planes.
"Okay, I'll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital." - John McCain

Were he not such an odious hypocrite and threat to America, I wouldn't bring up such nastiness. But let's face it, McCain sucks.

Are you willfully ignoring his own story about it, which was corroborated by fellow inmates?
 
Honestly, Thruth Thruth , I wouldn't know what libertarian Canadians are running for office. We have even less coverage than the states.
I come from an NDP stronghold, I can't remember the last time someone other than a gentleman from the big three and the odd time someone from the Marijuana Party visited.
I pray that our politicians stay somewhat centralist and not go off into the deep-end.
 
I'm glad you brought it up because I am beginning to understand how I feel disenfranchised about the whole Canadian Electoral System.
The most fringe candidate I see at debates would be the woman from the Green Party. Where are the debates with the folks from the Canadian Libertarian party? I've never saw one debate with more than 3-4 people.
Voting outside of the big three is pissing a vote away, even if I loved some fringe party's stance. I feel as though it is hopeless to have someone outside of Libs, Cons and NDP even get close. We're more hopeless than US libertarians, at least they have a sizeable following.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I tend to believe that whatever policies the US make, Canadians usually emulate them in some fashion. I would rather see a Rand Paul as the POTUS and influence our government to clean up its own act. I don't know who the Canadian Rand/Ron Paul is, do they even exist?
 
Are you willfully ignoring his own story about it, which was corroborated by fellow inmates?
Not Ted Guy and Guy Larsen, his SROs.
"Between the two of us, it's our belief, and to the best of our knowledge, that no prisoner was beaten or harmed physically in that camp ," Larson says. ". . . My only contention with the McCain deal is that while he was at The Plantation, to the best of my knowledge and Ted's knowledge, he was not physically abused in any way. No one was in that camp. It was the camp that people were released from."
Every report I've come across is that he was slapped around a bit and briefly tied to a chair.
 
I'm glad you brought it up because I am beginning to understand how I feel disenfranchised about the whole Canadian Electoral System.
The most fringe candidate I see at debates would be the woman from the Green Party. Where are the debates with the folks from the Canadian Libertarian party? I've never saw one debate with more than 3-4 people.
Voting outside of the big three is pissing a vote away, even if I loved some fringe party's stance. I feel as though it is hopeless to have someone outside of Libs, Cons and NDP even get close. We're more hopeless than US libertarians, at least they have a sizeable following.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I tend to believe that whatever policies the US make, Canadians usually emulate them in some fashion. I would rather see a Rand Paul as the POTUS and influence our government to clean up its own act. I don't know who the Canadian Rand/Ron Paul is, do they even exist?

Because of the electoral system, third party parties have no chance. We elect a party whose leader becomes the leader. There is no room for fringe in this system and that is probably for the best
 
Well, if is for the best, I'd have to pick the least likely to fuck things up big time. I'm sure as hell not voting green, I'll probably throw in for the NDP, or I could always just piss my vote away.

I think we have it pretty good up here, I'm pro-tar sands, I want a balanced budget, but I also want as much personal and economic freedom as possible. But what the fuck do I know, I'm of the generation who doesn't know shit. The only people who vote in big enough numbers are old people, and frankly, they won't live to see the all the changes they vote for. I can only hope that the dollar doesn't go tits-up and hopefully my children won't be loaded down with someone else's debt and actually have a planet they can live on. OR, I can say fuck it and when I'm dead, so be it, fuck the world.
 
Any fool that yaps about Iran as if they are a threat to anyone but Israel, or acts like that is our problem, is immediately stricken from my list of acceptable candidates.
 
Right, almost all of that is oil related. Canada's moved away from manufacturing and gone full bore into oil. That gravy train is going to end. And soon.
Well, if everyone else is being short sighted I'll jump on board that train too.
 
Bill C-51 is bullshit, and if Canadians are too stupid to read 1984 or look at history, we almost deserve the bullshit bills that get passed.
The party that repeals this garbage and Bill C-24, may very well earn my vote, if it is the NDP, so be it.
 
Right, almost all of that is oil related. Canada's moved away from manufacturing and gone full bore into oil. That gravy train is going to end. And soon.

Butt the economy has not been "completely wrecked" and is actually outperforming our own.

And incidentally, oil accounts for, at most, 3% of GDP (other sources place it at 1.8%). http://www.economist.com/news/ameri...cing-west-back-traditional-economic-heartland. Which places it as the twelfth largest industry in Canada, as a % of GDP.
 

I would not count on this. The populace toys with the NDP prior to the election. But when the vote is on the line they abandon the socialist fucks as semi-intelligent people should. At the provincial level yes, the socialists get elected. Last election, the NDP did well because of Quebec turning it's back on the separatists as well as the traditional Conservative and Liberals. But those elected were brain dead bar maids and university students who have done nothing.

Will be interesting though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom