28153218_990562697763266_8076630766848573440_n.jpg

looks like lady tissue.

The look of that fabric is very popular in Dutch men’s shop windows.

You're right, I had a most unpleasant experience in the Bijenkorf viewing the Van Gils summer range of jackets. Truly dreadful tat. But fair play, they've done a good job of hiding the cheap and nasty fabrics on their website. You really need to see them in the flesh to experience the horror.

I’ll take my talk of new fabrics somewhere else.
Ha, the one I saw was just blue. Not like that at all. The look of that fabric is very popular in Dutch men’s shop windows.

new fabric talk is fine and interesting.

Just get a normal blue basket weave from drapers or others, or the mock leno from minnis or smiths. that cerrutti shit is italian RTW fabric, hence its appearance in dutch men's shops.

Last edited:

Just get a normal blue basket weave from drapers or others, or the mock leno from minnis or smiths. that cerrutti shit is italian RTW fabric, hence its appearance in dutch men's shops.

Maybe it'd be simplier to banish the talks about RTW Italian fabrics.

I already have a normal hopsack blazer. I asked the old guy if he had anything magical to wear when it’s over 30 degrees, like this week. He pulled out the oxygen cloth with some fresco for trousers. I might just have heat stroke though, is there really anything that wears comfortable when it’s this hot?

You're right, I had a most unpleasant experience in the Bijenkorf viewing the Van Gils summer range of jackets. Truly dreadful tat. But fair play, they've done a good job of hiding the cheap and nasty fabrics on their website. You really need to see them in the flesh to experience the horror.
Ha, my favorites were the mint green and cotton candy pink ones. Not even the colors themselves but those colors really showed off how bad the fabric was.

I already have a normal hopsack blazer. I asked the old guy if he had anything magical to wear when it’s over 30 degrees, like this week. He pulled out the oxygen cloth with some fresco for trousers. I might just have heat stroke though, is there really anything that wears comfortable when it’s this hot?

Mock
Jay leno

Magic tissue, “very heavy” for a summer fabric.Not really sturdy, because it pulls
But thats because it is so open and breathes nicely

like the man says the mock leno is magic tissue. get that. fabric 510243 https://shop.hfwltd.com/collection/55 best thing in the stupid fresco book.
and have him cut the lightweight fresco pants wide. otherwise they are a disaster.

I’ll take my talk of new fabrics somewhere else.
Ha, the one I saw was just blue. Not like that at all. The look of that fabric is very popular in Dutch men’s shop windows.

How about talking about vintage ladies fabric. I have one I’ve been dreaming of making a summer suit out of. See the tag : it’s for skirts.

BB50BF6C-46E2-443A-BA63-0F6CD5AFC3FE.jpeg

44A01B03-A5DC-472E-BC1D-E1A8FE9F94D4.jpeg

Might want to check for flaws. The label could indicate that you only have skirt lengths between the flaws.
Thanks for the heads up. Skirts is plural on the tag so I figured multiple ones could be made out of it.
Anyway it’s a dust cloth, the whole thing is one flaw after after another. But there are no major fabric pulls, runs, color or weaving problems that i could see. Anyway I got about 80 other unmade cloths so the likelihood of this one getting made was quite small (only thing workings in this ones favor is that it’s a summer cloth and 90% of my stuff is winter wieght). But if I do give it to a tailor I will bring it up and ask for a pro inspection.

Shirting is also a factor in the extreme heat if you're planning on a jacket. You want 120's and above and Sea Island's if you got them.

Are fresco pants worth it? Are they that much better than a 9 oz worsted?

I got Crispaire pants similar to Fresco. Breathable but average capacity to hold its shape, certainly too hot above 30°. A linen or cotton-linen is certainly preferable for extreme heat.

C75399CA-09FC-4055-8708-67AABFE33A3B.jpeg
8817A707-11F4-4E8E-B14F-09CDC3F1B563.jpeg
Tried to buy a suit length of the light gray at the top. €120. She thought it was too was damaged though. She rolled it out and there were too many pulls and snags to get a suit out of. The color of the blue ones aren’t accurate or I would have bought both.
4F8E9D30-4976-4A5A-AA19-459D10C13D95.jpeg

Too bad. So you did not buy anything? How was the price level?
I didn’t get anything. I liked some of the other mohair but the solids were too loud for me. There is great fabric there, just not stuff I wear or need. A lot of striped mohair, chalk stripe flannels and stacks of tweeds.
The only price I got was €120 for 3.75 m of mohair.

Mock
Jay leno

Magic tissue, “very heavy” for a summer fabric.Not really sturdy, because it pulls
But thats because it is so open and breathes nicely
View attachment 30966You are right about it being magic. I accidentally found it while looking through a mohair book. Had no idea it was a mohair hopssack type. This guy wanted €198 per meter to order it. I will ask my tailor but he is so old he has a hard time ordering special fabrics. He is happy to work with what he has but would be better if I brought it.

The Solaro fabric is mostly known in its iconical weave of green and red threads, but there are also different colours, like this bright light blue, here used for a double breasted suit by Bottega Dalmut.

Screenshot (583).png
Screenshot (584).png

I find Solaro rather tacky, in my opinion
I've never been a fan. Reminds me of those Tonic suits that were all the rage in the early 80s. Though there was a gentle one in a shop in town this summer that was nice, paired with a red stripe shirt in the window.

If I was looking through books I'm pretty sure I'd flick pass that. An "evergreen" would suggest a pattern like a glen check or POW to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom