Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

The world of work was not like that when there was full employment and a good choice of jobs. There were always the occasional r soles, but most people were OK. The race to the bottom has brought out the worst in people. Meanwhile the average salary stagnates, pensions disappear, conditions get worse.

The death of the viable 2/3rds pension is a great leveller and game changer.

Everything is messed-up, here we have a stated policy to reduce the number of self-employed people and have everyone working staff and yet they introduce legislation that makes any sane organisation avoid taking on staff. 12 years sickness pay? Screw that.

I feel like the last viceroy. I didn't issue any final orders.

4 days of junk food and alcohol as the main source of calories really wrecked my digestive system.

yeah i'm hanging in there fwiffers. thanks for asking. just wanted to vent a little.

I'm here to listen if you need it. I'm 2/3 along the way of erasing those mistakes from the last time I vented to you. One more pay cheque in April and I'm finished.

I'm here to listen if you need it. I'm 2/3 along the way of erasing those mistakes from the last time I vented to you. One more pay cheque in April and I'm finished.

Found a new job or just going to leave?

Found a new job or just going to leave?

No - that was the crazy car lease business I was involved in. Just need another pay cheque and I am in the clear.

I'm trying to look for a job. I spent an hour crafting a cover letter and tailoring my resume for some government job advert from LinkedIn. When I clicked apply it brought me to the website and I realised the max salary for that position is equivalent to my base salary. I don't expect provincial agencies to hand out bonuses?

I appreciate it. And that’s great news. Always best to just rip off the band aid and be done with it.

No - that was the crazy car lease business I was involved in. Just need another pay cheque and I am in the clear.

I'm trying to look for a job. I spent an hour crafting a cover letter and tailoring my resume for some government job advert from LinkedIn. When I clicked apply it brought me to the website and I realised the max salary for that position is equivalent to my base salary. I don't expect provincial agencies to hand out bonuses?

Not bonuses like you are used to.

I ask an eBay seller for ankle hem width on a pair of UNFINISHED trous and he responds by asking me if I mean the inseam length.

I purchased some edibles for my wife and her friends, and now they keep talking about how they feel high. Which is to be expected from people who don’t often partake, but it’s annoying enough that I’m going to a cafe to get some work done.

I purchased some edibles for my wife and her friends, and now they keep talking about how they feel high. Which is to be expected from people who don’t often partake, but it’s annoying enough that I’m going to a cafe to get some work done.
Are they white?

Newbie weed participants, especially those that partake of anything other than those applications that you smoke are the most irritiating.

Fucking edibles are for people with MS or other diseases imagined or otherwise.

If you are well, you rolll a joint, smoke a bowl and/or do a dab. Ideally you manage all three with a fatty, followed by a bong hit and the. fire up your nail and go hard on a dab.

Clean out your pipe and hit the hash.

edibles are for the weak.

You want to do edibles?

Melt chocolate, add mushroom and wait for the walls to move. Nothing is happening, oh, there it is.

Then fire off $300 worth of fireworks. Remember do not put your head in front of the firing tube when lighting the fuses.

Fucking cotton-mouthed neophytes should be shot and pissed on.

Horses for courses. YMMV.

Newbie weed participants, especially those that partake of anything other than those applications that you smoke are the most irritiating.

Fucking edibles are for people with MS or other diseases imagined or otherwise.

If you are well, you rolll a joint, smoke a bowl and/or do a dab. Ideally you manage all three with a fatty, followed by a bong hit and the. fire up your nail and go hard on a dab.

Clean out your pipe and hit the hash.

edibles are for the weak.

You want to do edibles?

Melt chocolate, add mushroom and wait for the walls to move. Nothing is happening, oh, there it is.

Then fire off $300 worth of fireworks. Remember do not put your head in front of the firing tube when lighting the fuses.

Fucking cotton-mouthed neophytes should be shot and pissed on.

Horses for courses. YMMV.

I did it the once, it was my birthday and in chocolate form. I ate the whole packet and a few hours later I felt a wave of something bad coming over me, so I made my slow way home that seemed to take several hours. I apparently, for I do not remember, telephoned the friend I had just been at and said: ''I'm being followed by a leprechaun, but don't worry I've no food in the fridge!'' And promptly switched the mobile off and maintained radio silence for the next 24 hours.

I did it the once, it was my birthday and in chocolate form. I ate the whole packet and a few hours later I felt a wave of something bad coming over me, so I made my slow way home that seemed to take several hours. I apparently, for I do not remember, telephoned the friend I had just been at and said: ''I'm being followed by a leprechaun, but don't worry I've no food in the fridge!'' And promptly switched the mobile off and maintained radio silence for the next 24 hours.

Yes, you are the converted, did your time on the cross. Man gets in to the back of the car. Blue? Green? Both please. Newspaper passed. Quick departure.

The problem with Americans and weed is they don't share. Maybe some do but not all. Horde Festival a lifetime ago. Fucking Wisconsin and Minnesota douchebags with one hitters not sharing. Appropriately hording their green and then wanting to mosh like pussies, touching without anger, without force. Only to be met with elbows knees, foreheads. Surprise, shock, withdrawal, lack of conviction. Local constabulary separating pussies from those with conviction.

Lenny Crablice played his last cord and flung his guitar into the air. Click, click go the handcuffs, last glance, roady steps out and catches the guitar by the neck. Like nothing at all.

Appleton WI cells are comfortable.

Yes, you are the converted, did your time on the cross. Man gets in to the back of the car. Blue? Green? Both please. Newspaper passed. Quick departure.

The problem with Americans and weed is they don't share. Maybe some do but not all. Horde Festival a lifetime ago. Fucking Wisconsin and Minnesota douchebags with one hitters not sharing. Appropriately hording their green and then wanting to mosh like pussies, touching without anger, without force. Only to be met with elbows knees, foreheads. Surprise, shock, withdrawal, lack of conviction. Local constabulary separating pussies from those with conviction.

Lenny Crablice played his last cord and flung his guitar into the air. Click, click go the handcuffs, last glance, roady steps out and catches the guitar by the neck. Like nothing at all.

Appleton WI cells are comfortable.

I've never really taken to anything that you smoke. Plus all the stories that weed smokers come out with: how they went to the shops with the munchies to buy some biscuits and had to leave quick because the paranoia came down. Yawn.

There was one time though, someone's stag do and we ended up back at his apartment and I was toking on this weed through a hookah pipe and it really was superb. The room was full of smoke and I remember feeling like I could channel ectoplasm from another realm, someone got up to open the balcony door and I exclaimed: ''Don't do that everything will fall out!''

That was about the only time I've ever enjoyed it.

That's it, the owners of the building are going to turn them into luxury flats, which means we're out the end of 2019.....bugger!

This was prime real estate with a fantastic view of The Hague, Scheveningen and and the North Sea, Delft and Rotterdam in the smoggy distance. Now this will all come to end and with the recession continuing we'll end up back at street level in some old bank building.

? I somehow thought you were in your own house and garden etc in the suburbs?

Oh - I'm guessing on a good day in high rise in cloggy land you can see your old house in UK?

This week: €63.50 parking fine plus €39 speeding fine (3kms over the speed limit) and a wapping big crack in the front windscreen that seems to be propagating by the minute.

My footy club lost.

I got a nice diet of Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, N sync from the pub next door to my flat and the friendly DJ. Cheers mate for trying to alleviate the pain.

Who the hell is delivering the post these days - my registered address is at my parents' house and I vote in that riding (district for people outside of Canada). Voting cards for my father and I are delivered on May 28. Voting card for my mother, same address and we're not talking misplaced in a 500 unit building, delivered on May 29. Early voting started May 26 and goes till June 1. For someone like me I'm screwed because I'm not here during the weekdays from 1000-1700.

I have legal rights to take time off work to vote on election day, but it's still a hassle to jump on the train for 40km, vote and then jump on a train 40km back to work.

I ask around and some people in the next city over already have their voting cards since May 24. My old work mate in the next town over is still waiting for his on May 29.

Who the hell is delivering the post these days - my registered address is at my parents' house and I vote in that riding (district for people outside of Canada). Voting cards for my father and I are delivered on May 28. Voting card for my mother, same address and we're not talking misplaced in a 500 unit building, delivered on May 29. Early voting started May 26 and goes till June 1. For someone like me I'm screwed because I'm not here during the weekdays from 1000-1700.

I have legal rights to take time off work to vote on election day, but it's still a hassle to jump on the train for 40km, vote and then jump on a train 40km back to work.

I ask around and some people in the next city over already have their voting cards since May 24. My old work mate in the next town over is still waiting for his on May 29.

Boo hoo.

You are supposed to be registered in the riding in which you live not Mama's and Papa's house.

Even if you don't get your voting card you can present and show proof of identity.

Oh wait, is the address on your driver's licence different than Mumsi's and pop's crib?

Boo hoo.

You are supposed to be registered in the riding in which you live not Mama's and Papa's house.

Even if you don't get your voting card you can present and show proof of identity.

Oh wait, is the address on your driver's licence different than Mumsi's and pop's crib?

I am living here. All of my identification is registered here. I own a small business corporation here. I even had the census answered here and told the other census taker to sod off in spite of the handwritten notes, flyers and knocks on the door.

Well, good thing I didn't go blindly try to find the polling station for early voting without the card because it's at city hall not at my old high school as it has been for ages.

Here voting is always always on a Saturday. And it's compulsory. You can do a postal vote usually about a month out. You can vote at a booth outside your electorate there are booths pretty much within walking distance in all towns and cities . They are mostly in schools and church halls. It's traditional for the school to run a sausage sizzle to raise $. Known here as a "democracy sausage" . It's a thing look it up.

Here voting is always always on a Saturday. And it's compulsory. You can do a postal vote usually about a month out. You can vote at a booth outside your electorate there are booths pretty much within walking distance in all towns and cities . They are mostly in schools and church halls. It's traditional for the school to run a sausage sizzle to raise $. Known here as a "democracy sausage" . It's a thing look it up.

I wish it was Saturday. It's Thursday this time and is always a weekday of some sort. If I were in my flat I could vote walking down to the lobby but there is really no point to vote in my riding because the outcome in my dense and highly urban area is predetermined as they always vote for the same party.

I read that about the British elections - about goodies to encourage voter participation. I have mates who have never voted and they will be approaching middle age in a few years. Not sure sausages will encourage them.

Anyway, the campaign machine is going to be out in full force as it's the last week. I already see them canvassing for votes outside the rail station at rush hour. Of course I am not sure what they expect from my parents' suburb which is mostly white men in suits and ties heading into the city.

As I said voting is compulsory here. And wwe have an independent Electoral Commision that runs all elections and redistributes electoral boundaries on growth or decline in population to keep electorates relatively even in population.

As I said voting is compulsory here. And wwe have an independent Electoral Commision that runs all elections and redistributes electoral boundaries on growth or decline in population to keep electorates relatively even in population.

Compulsory? How do you enforce that? Do you haul them off to jail?

I think we all have electoral bodies that redistribute boundaries and create new districts (ridings for us Canadians). The problem is when incumbent governments influence the creation of more seats friendly to their geographical areas of support. Of course, that's not nearly as bad as what the Americans do.

The slow inevitable decline keeps on seeping through and reminding me that life is a terminal condition: all those baby boomers of my parents generation, my aunty and uncles, 20-30 years older than me are starting to have health issues that remind me of my own mortality. My wife's birthday tomorrow too, can't get excited about that, although there's some meal planned. My father's Parkinson with added Lewey is now entering the mad paranoia phase. Had to go to the school today over some bullying and obscenities on one of the school kids class What'sApp against my offspring. A colleague with terminal cancer is coming by for lunch tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, PS. Not pleasant.

My own problem is trivial in comparison... this evening I've spotted and killed easily 10 moths. May have to get someone out for a proper extermination job. Can't see any clothes damage, yet, but it must be soon.

Compulsory? How do you enforce that? Do you haul them off to jail?

I think we all have electoral bodies that redistribute boundaries and create new districts (ridings for us Canadians). The problem is when incumbent governments influence the creation of more seats friendly to their geographical areas of support. Of course, that's not nearly as bad as what the Americans do.
You just get a fine if you don't have a good reason - most people want to vote and it's made easy here - we want people to vote - thats why its on a Saturday from 8am till 6pm -mobile booths will go to hospitals etc.

You missed my point - the Electoral Commission here that runs elections and set boundaries is truly independent. Its not influenced by the government of the day at all. It sets boundaries and runs elections for Federal, State and Local Government. It will even come in and run company elections etc for a fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom