Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

Here's a winrar.
LL

^ What's that on the cuff of the jacket?

It looks worryingly similar to the embroidery that the Waffen SS used to have on the cuffs of their tunics in Latin or Gothic script.

Yeah, but I'm deleting unneeded posts! How many lolfaces do you guys really want to see? I don't want to come off seeming histrionic. Though, I think that is evident already. Sartodi Napoli Sartodi Napoli - what do you think?

Who in the blue hell is that?
tumblr_ml35ss13we1s87uxuo1_500.gif

A with, the woman of the Catalonian independentist leader, Jordi Pujol, who was imprisoned by Franco decades ago, but was 30 years the president of Catalonia, were found circa 500 million euros on black money on fiscal paradises.

Any way i used her picture as example of witch.

In a similar vein, you should have a look at Sruli Recht, although SR is really more interesting than disagreeable.

Quite a lot of Sruli Recht's pieces are more like wearable art and many are quite off-the-wall, like the gloves made from basking shark skin with the spikes on the inside so if you ever put them on, you won't be able to take them off again. Some of the items are really stunning, others are bizarre, such as the wallet made from skin taken from a Minke whale's penis (as Iceland is a whaling nation) or the one-off ring made from gold coated with a strip of Recht's own skin that was removed from his stomach, tanned and attached to the outside of the ring.

http://store.srulirecht.com/

some crazy products. of a more sartorial bent with a twist, a bulletproof pocket square for 95 euros
sr106_thedamned_01_1024x1024.jpg

Dæmdur - The Damned

The Damned is a Bullet-Proof* Gentlemen’s Pocket Square measuring 270 mm x 270, made from lemon Military Grade Ballistic Strength Aramid Fibre – to protect the hearts of men.

Originally made in a limited issue of ten in 2007, The Damned now has been released as an open edition.

This ‘pocket-protector’ of the Modern Ages is bound in Citric French Cotton and in light of its chamfered corners we developed a Unique and New Fold to the Gentlemen’s Square, to which we have afforded the name: The Damned

Shot Point Blank – Marinó Thorlacius

* If a gun is aimed at you, fired, and the slug hits you, you will be hurt despite the properties of the square; The impact of the projectile itself is likely to fracture, crack or break your bones bones and bruise you. According to the specifications of the textile, a ballistic projectile such as a bullet will not pass through thirty two layers of this material. We take NO responsibility for those who feel compelled to test the endurance or resistance of the textile in any way.

of course, for Grand Potentate Grand Potentate there is this:
SR_504_large.jpg

Fitted, Ribbed Prophylactic, laser cut, machine stitched and sealed.
Draped on a penis form in Reykjavík.
For safety.

Cut with a Jcut 1200 Lazer Engraver and Lightning Machine Company Swift Cut
Sewn on a Pfaff 1445, Juki DDL 5550-6, and by Hand-held Needle.

This item is available in:

Black high end Ostrich leather is farmed and tanned in Spain.

&

Dark Green Icelandic reindeer leather, tanned and chromium dyed in the west of Iceland. 130 euros.

Damn, I really like the fabric on this jacket, but sold out in my size and not a suit, maybe too thick for pants?

184-rj-re054f07x.png

from the Armoury:

The Creamy Waffle fabric is an open weave with some stretch, perfect for rumpling up in the summer.

checked Ring Jacket and it is only a jacket fabric

from the Armoury:

The Creamy Waffle fabric is an open weave with some stretch, perfect for rumpling up in the summer.

checked Ring Jacket and it is only a jacket fabric

This looks like it LOVES lint

this may be just my bias but i don't find this to be a good example of a truly casual outfit and i truly dislike this politician casual look in which an an office rig is put forth as casual because it is sans tie. Am i off base here in my thinking?

you have an odd jacket or what might even be an orphaned suit jacket (ticket pocket?) in a fabric that to me does not seem overly casual; a shirt you could/would wear in a more formal sense with a tie; and trousers that could go either way.

Monks always confuse me as to if they are casual or formal. they can work with a suit or dressed down.

this could be a "what tie should i wear with this outfit" question

LL

LL

Compared to this which to me casual because of fabric, cut and texture. Seersucker, patch pockets, OCBD, chino, suede in a less formal colour. there is no "hey, you are missing your tie" vibe going on here.
LL

LL

Thank you Thruth for this fine example of a useful explanation, so that this thread my be more than just a freak show.
First, why would one wear suede monks int he snow???
That is a drab color assortment that really would benefit from a tie and a pocket square, but ultimately the coat doesn't look seasonal or casual enough. I'm all for patterned socks, but light ones that don't really pick up anything are a miss.

Note also that the Gallant example has a button down collar and a placket :)omgrunanimation: don't let Sarto see it).

Good Ol' New York Islander.. I don't know if this is a bum stuck in a suit or facial pubes.
LL

Good Ol' New York Islander.. I don't know if this is a bum stuck in a suit or facial pubes.
LL
Why not have the cornball tie made from the suit fabric at this point? This also shows why white shirts with tweed are so perilous. I suspect he deliberately includes that beard in the frame.

Not Feeling the forumitesodomite Donny C's outfit today.
LL
His mixing of reds and greens is a problem. I have yet to see this brown suede shoes with brown trousers look actually work well.
The fun cords are hot, but I'm pretty sure the old Brooks catalog with the water-color sketches showed them with penny loafers and a Shetland sweater for a reason.

the more i look the less i like his signature layered stylings. this is a colour, texture and fabric nightmare. denim shirt, tie vest and jacket. not even in Appalachia

LL

This is some of the worst posing I've ever witnessed. It hurts me to look at this.
LL

Things I've noticed that i dislike about this photo:

1) He's pulling at Bigfoot impression
Smalfut.jpg

2) Those sleeves
3) He fuckin bought lino lettuce's shoes!
3E66120E-5865-4A97-9CD9-49032CD23E3A_zpsvsuikkbu.jpg

the more i look the less i like his signature layered stylings. this is a colour, texture and fabric nightmare. denim shirt, tie vest and jacket. not even in Appalachia

LL

Looks like a Rubinacci wannabe. He is always wearing those jeans shirts with a burgundy tie and a crazy looking coat with lapels the size of Obama's fiscal deficit.

I don't have enough energy to edit him out of the frame. Why the fuck does he just stand there like an arsehole. No one fucking cares about your Gap shirt. I demount you, SVB! Eat something too, drive a few cheeseburgers into ya' for frig' sakes, ya mut!
tumblr_nkb6pjcLrg1r8bgano1_1280.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom