If you gotta say it then it's probably untrue, don't you think? Anyways, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.I'm pretty much the most intellectually honest poster on here.
The problem is your characterization of society is wholly false. The world is as close to a meritocracy as it's ever been, and people are quite upset by this. Of course they can't say that, because we've been told that's the ideal (and for the record I am 100% for meritocracy) and no one want's to admit they aren't that good at stuff.
Our dear departed OfficePants was actually right about one thing, though didn't know why or specifically what about. People are not equal, but it has nothing to do with race, class, creed, nationality or culture. It has to do with ability. Culture can alter outcomes, but it doesn't alter talent. Talented people will succeed given good situations. Non talented people will fail. I'd love to be a NFL MVP Quarterback, but that shit isn't in the cards because I'm not Tom Brady. Life is no different. Some people are good at it and some people aren't. I have employed a lot of people over the years, talent knows no color or society, the good ones come from all walks.
So this whole idiotic elite global cosmopolitans taking everything bullshit myth is fucking retarded. The answer is a lot more simple, you just fucking suck.
(Not you personally, the royal you)
Edit: And it's important to note I'm not anti any particular class unlike the rest of you, working, upper or otherwise. In fact, I'm arguing the opposite.
No, I'm a talent-ist.
I fully agree with meritocracy as well, however, I do not see how this has anything to do with destroying the local economy, following austerity measures from a central power which do nothing but strangle growth and letting in masses of uneducated, unskilled and often times, barbaric individuals. Yes, I am against giving incentives to failing businesses (see the whole Alitalia fiasco) or helping lazy people who could but chose not to work. Do you have experience in southern Europe? I can assure you we're as far from a meritocracy as you can be.
I partially disagree, there are several differences which are based on race, they range from anatomical ones (different facial structure, bone density, muscle composition, etc.) to mental ones (different IQ distribution, motor patterns, etc.). What you mean by talent is highly relative to the environment, you can be a brilliant entrepreneur, but if you live in the middle of nowhere in the Amazon forest, it makes no difference.
How am I against a particular class? I am opposed to anyone who has an unjust conduct, be it a farmer or a banker.