A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the First Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

He has no "dubties" as my wife likes to say mockingly. He has no doubt, but offers no evidence. Hardly convincing.

There should be an indicator of compromise e.g. a phishing email, or other digital artefact. In one case we know that Podesta hit the link in a spear phishing email. But the Hillary stuff, strikes me as a classic insider leak. Someone who might know is already dead.

As regards the states where Hillary's defeat was decided by small percentages and we have "no doubt" that Russia was behind this, then there must be bonafide evidence of this. How did they do this: man in the middle application that changed votes cast, botnets casting votes, some exfiltration malarkey? Or are we saying that Russia manipulated social media with propaganda either by remote users pretending to be US citizens or bots posting anti-Hillary posts?

Big difference in the two: one is genuinly an advanced persistent and dangerous cyber intelligence threat to the democratic order, a clear hostile act. We are told that the IP addresses concerned are in Russia, but such a hostile attack would warrant serious arse covering with the use of onion routers in the dark web. You wouldn't go to all that trouble for it to be easily traced back to you. The other possibility that through established propaganda techniques they brought Hillary down, well hard to prove and is yet more sour grapes I am afraid: it may, or may not have worked. You can't blame Hillary's genuine defeat on bad publicity and that the basket case of deplorables were all turned by them pesky Russkies again.

All in all, the record keeps playing stuck in that same groove: it wasn't Hillary's fault that she failed. Yes it was, put up, or shut up.

They're not mutually exclusive. It can be both hillary's fault that she failed and the Russian's interfered as well.
 
Is....does...the long hair... leather jacket with no... black gauze on win

I don't know if he's gonna be pro-Trump (MRA look) or anti-Trump (hippie hair), but I ain't clicking because he might not be wearing pants
 
Is....does...the long hair... leather jacket with no... black gauze on win

I don't know if he's gonna be pro-Trump (MRA look) or anti-Trump (hippie hair), but I ain't clicking because he might not be wearing pants
The intellectual wing of "bikers for Trump"?
There is a also a hint of 70's Shaw Brothers awkward waiter vibe going on.
Could be a TopTop™ look for summer Pitti®!
 
Read an interesting conspiracy theory that loosely translates as:

The pee tape memo mentions that in October 2016 Trump was promised up to 19% of Rosneft by Poutine for lifting the sanctions against Russia. Coincidently, two months later 19.5% of Rosneft were officially sold to Qatar, but through some shady offshore transactions ended up with an unknown acquirer. Shortly thereafter it was rumored that Russia wanted to repurchase the Rosneft share, which they dismissed.

The theory is that something went wrong with the deal and Trump did not end up with the shares. He did start working on removing the sanctions within days after taking office, but failed to do so. Now he's bullying Qatar to still get the shares or maybe some other compensation.
 
Read an interesting conspiracy theory that loosely translates as:

The pee tape memo mentions that in October 2016 Trump was promised up to 19% of Rosneft by Poutine for lifting the sanctions against Russia. Coincidently, two months later 19.5% of Rosneft were officially sold to Qatar, but through some shady offshore transactions ended up with an unknown acquirer. Shortly thereafter it was rumored that Russia wanted to repurchase the Rosneft share, which they dismissed.

The theory is that something went wrong with the deal and Trump did not end up with the shares. He did start working on removing the sanctions within days after taking office, but failed to do so. Now he's bullying Qatar to still get the shares or maybe some other compensation.

No, read this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s/2017-06-07/bank-bailouts-and-property-taxes
 

Might be, don't think so. This piece says "unusual structure", "complicated way for Intesa to lend money", "not a traditional loan-like repo", basically no rationale for doing this. Its not like Russia could not get 10bn asset-backed debt more easily, without a yuge oil asset privatization and some super-strange, super secret repo arrangement. Also does not adress: Why factually wrong announcement about 50:50 Glencore involvement? Why is the ultimate owner of the shares undisclosed? Why is the source of ~25% of total funding undisclosed? E.g. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-rosneft-privatisation-insight-idUSKBN1582OH
 
I think it was inevitable, or almost inevitable, with the rise of the Internet paired with our instinctual homophily.

Easy access to echo chambers with little psychological incentive to leave them.
 
I think it was inevitable, or almost inevitable, with the rise of the Internet paired with our instinctual homophily.

Easy access to echo chambers with little psychological incentive to leave them.

For a poignant example, see officepants escaping to his safe space.
 
no one's talking about the Steve Scalise shooting at the baseball game today?

I'm not sure there is but so much left to say. Most people left posting here are pretty reasonable and I would assume think that it's abhorrent.

The Seattle shooter was also a Sanders's supporter. The irony.

Not sure it's ironic. The Bernie Bros are just the other side of the Trumpista coin. They are fucking wacky and insular.
 
I'm not sure there is but so much left to say. Most people left posting here are pretty reasonable and I would assume think that it's abhorrent.



Not sure it's ironic. The Bernie Bros are just the other side of the Trumpista coin. They are fucking wacky and insular.
I thought there would be more conversation related to the gun issue.

Still running that Bernie bro meme into the ground I see.
 
I thought there would be more conversation related to the gun issue.

Still running that Bernie bro meme into the ground I see.

Eh, I don't know. I think that's it's more sobering than provoking at the moment. I guess the fact Trump just did away with the restrictions on mentally ill people buying guns is a talking point, but I don't know if it was even applicable here.

The Bernie Bro isn't a meme, there's a lot looney ass supporters every bit as crazy as the Trump army. Racist, sexist and the whole nine. Ready to shoot bitches. All well documented if you've the inclination to use the Google machine.

I can promise you there aren't a whole bunch of Kasich or HillDog voters out there shooting up the joint.
 
So we have extreme right terrorism and extreme left terrorism, but is there any extreme happy medium terrorism?
 
Sanders' supporters more self righteous.

Than Trumpistas? The entire premise of supporting Trump is self righteousness.

So we have extreme right terrorism and extreme left terrorism, but is there any extreme happy medium terrorism?

By jove, you've solved it. If people are happy they don't become terrorists. If we only knew this all along!
 
Sanders' supporters more self righteous.
Sander's supporters are useful idiots, plain and simple. They got duped by that lousy gonef, while he walked off with hundreds of thousands from unions and pacs from the yuge companies he rails against.
 
Sander's supporters are useful idiots, plain and simple. They got duped by that lousy gonef, while he walked off with hundreds of thousands from unions and pacs from the yuge companies he rails against.
Which companies? Not that I supported Sanders, but didn't he mostly rail against finance and pharma? It seems that over the course of his career, a plurality of his money came from the tech industry (including individual donors within the industry)

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cycle=Career&cid=n00000528

I don't understand America's love and its fear of guns. I have one because it makes my wife feel safer (and I grew up sorta around them), but I also recognize that the odds of it actually doing so are such that modifying her car with additional safety features would be a better use of money. It also seems that gun violence in the US isn't a so rampant as to be a major concern in the US, though I suppose there are some areas of some American cities where it is
 
The Trump tweet to end all Trump tweets:

IMG_4928.webp
 
Last edited:
Which companies? Not that I supported Sanders, but didn't he mostly rail against finance and pharma? It seems that over the course of his career, a plurality of his money came from the tech industry (including individual donors within the industry)

https://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/contrib.php?cycle=Career&cid=n00000528

I don't understand America's love and its fear of guns. I have one because it makes my wife feel safer (and I grew up sorta around them), but I also recognize that the odds of it actually doing so are such that modifying her car with additional safety features would be a better use of money. It also seems that gun violence in the US isn't a so rampant as to be a major concern in the US, though I suppose there are some areas of some American cities where it is

Doesn't owning a gun come with a higher chance of being shot? Seems like it makes you less safe.

Isn't the murder rate an order of magnitude higher in the US than in other developed countries?

I think guns are cool and fun to shoot, but the statistics don't lie.
 
Last edited:
Doesn't owning a gun come with a higher chance of being shot? Seems like it makes you less safe.

Isn't the murder rate an order of magnitude higher in the US than in other developed countries?

I think guns are cool and fun to shoot, but the statistics don't lie.

I'm not saying guns aren't a problem, but if they are a problem, they aren't a big problem, especially relative to things like malnourishment/food deserts, educational infrastructure, access to affordable healthcare, general poverty, etc. However, guns get a lion's share of attention despite having a house cat sized impact. That is what I don't understand.

On a different note, the murder rate would probably be lower with fewer guns, but I often think there is something inherently violent about America, such that even without guns, we'd probably end up with a higher murder rate than most comparably developed countries.
 
I'm not saying guns aren't a problem, but if they are a problem, they aren't a big problem, especially relative to things like malnourishment/food deserts, educational infrastructure, access to affordable healthcare, general poverty, etc. However, guns get a lion's share of attention despite having a house cat sized impact. That is what I don't understand.

On a different note, the murder rate would probably be lower with fewer guns, but I often think there is something inherently violent about America, such that even without guns, we'd probably end up with a higher murder rate than most comparably developed countries.

Get out of my head good sir!
 
I'm not saying guns aren't a problem, but if they are a problem, they aren't a big problem, especially relative to things like malnourishment/food deserts, educational infrastructure, access to affordable healthcare, general poverty, etc. However, guns get a lion's share of attention despite having a house cat sized impact. That is what I don't understand.

On a different note, the murder rate would probably be lower with fewer guns, but I often think there is something inherently violent about America, such that even without guns, we'd probably end up with a higher murder rate than most comparably developed countries.

Very relevant. How many mass shootings happened in Europe this week? 0?
IMG_4940.webp

IMG_4941.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom