A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the First Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

The same thing clearly DOES NOT apply to the burka. That's the whole point.

I am now assuming that you are being willfully ignorant.

Really, I don't think that it apply equally to the burqa? Because I swear that's what I said and what I think. Thank you for telling what's in my mind.

Perhaps if you re-read you'll find I'm not talking about any U.K. statutes.
 
Well, I very much doubt it, so I don't think that you can say, "without doubt".

Without doubt, as it is fact: Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott et al have been very open about their admiration of Venezuela under the policies of Chavez, championing it as a viable socialist alternative to neo-liberalism. They remain the official opposition to Her Majesty's government. Their manifesto was full to the brim of the failed dogma of centralization, state planning, nationalising industries and paying for it through a mythical National Investment Bank i.e. tax the productive classes, then borrow, then tax somemore. I'll forget about cancelling student debt, as even they admitted that was just a jest to get the gullible student vote.

It's called socialism 'innit:



 
giphy.gif
 
Without doubt, as it is fact: Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott et al have been very open about their admiration of Venezuela under the policies of Chavez, championing it as a viable socialist alternative to neo-liberalism. They remain the official opposition to Her Majesty's government. Their manifesto was full to the brim of the failed dogma of centralization, state planning, nationalising industries and paying for it through a mythical National Investment Bank i.e. tax the productive classes, then borrow, then tax somemore. I'll forget about cancelling student debt, as even they admitted that was just a jest to get the gullible student vote.

It's called socialism 'innit:





Yeah, but the result is a couple wackos, not a communist government. It would take all of Labour to do that, and we all know that isn't gonna happen.
 
Sounds like Bannon might be out.

That's been coming on for the last two weeks. It's no surprise. Not sure whether its a good or bad thing.

Yeah, but the result is a couple wackos, not a communist government. It would take all of Labour to do that, and we all know that isn't gonna happen.

The whole of the Labour party constituencies have been taken over by the hard Left of Momentum: planned, executed and now delivered. All the moderate and Blair types will be ousted, hence many Labour MP's are sucking up to them. The Parliamentary Labour Party is too weak being made up of career politicians to be an effective force against this. They are towing the party line for they are cowards.

All of Labour is not needed, as with Islamic grooming gangs, make them fear you more than their own constituency and its game over for them. You can operate with impunity.
 
That's been coming on for the last two weeks. It's no surprise. Not sure whether its a good or bad thing.

Bannon's reaction

71e1ddeb01dd2a8ede80907ce4192e72fde1667aec3ce1e76a23bf56b5cd1982.webp


The whole of the Labour party constituencies have been taken over by the hard Left of Momentum: planned, executed and now delivered. All the moderate and Blair types will be ousted, hence many Labour MP's are sucking up to them. The Parliamentary Labour Party is too weak being made up of career politicians to be an effective force against this. They are towing the party line for they are cowards.

All of Labour is not needed, as with Islamic grooming gangs, make them fear you more than their own constituency and its game over for them. You can operate with impunity.

I tell you what. I will make a standing bet. If there is a communist government in the U.K. in the next five years, I will set you up with Poole or a tailor of your choice and pay for a three piece suit or equivalent.
 
Trump firings:
  • James Comey

  • Sally Yates

  • Michael Flynn

  • Advisory Councils

  • Reince Prebius

  • Sean Spicer

  • the MOOCH

  • Patrick Kennedy

  • Preet Bharara

  • Michael Dubke

  • Michael Short

  • Marc Kasowitz

  • Steve Bannon

  • Art Council

  • Digital economy council members
 
Bannon's reaction

View attachment 24438



I tell you what. I will make a standing bet. If there is a communist government in the U.K. in the next five years, I will set you up with Poole or a tailor of your choice and pay for a three piece suit or equivalent.

You know he will spin this, right? Let's say tuition fees will be lowered in 5 years from now, he'll spout it's the commies!
 
The degree with which a hijab is oppressive varies with the degree with which there is social pressure to wear it. In the US, it is not particularly oppressive. In many, if not all, Muslim majority countries, there is moderate to large amounts of social pressure for Muslim women to wear it (and in a number of Middle Eastern countries, pressure for all women and regulation for Muslim women).

It is also important to tie the practice to substantive oppression. American Muslim women, particularly those second generation and beyond, are not meaningfully more oppressed than the average American woman (which may be some, but certainly less than in the vast majority of the world). In other countries with large Muslim populations, the hijab is a component of broader social practices with are substantively oppressive (e.g. women can't drive, can't own property, etc).

It is interesting to compare it to wearing high heels, a practice which, if there were greater social pressure, would be very oppressive. Heels hobble movement and cause permanent damage to the feet, far more deleterious than the hijab itself (again, removed from the broader network of norms, see the above paragraph). I think pressure to wear heels, especially in a business setting, has decreased dramatically over the last decade and a half, as dress flats have become more accepted.
 
Last edited:
I tell you what. I will make a standing bet. If there is a communist government in the U.K. in the next five years, I will set you up with Poole or a tailor of your choice and pay for a three piece suit or equivalent.

Now then, that's a dangerous bet, but I will take you up on that, as it's all in my favour, but with this caveat: the Labour/Momentum regime would have to stay their full term, without Corbyn removed from office in a political coup or by military force and all the nationalisation promised in their manifesto, the new one (which none of us have seen), is achieved. If normal service resumes with the removal of Corbyn by the Parliamentary Labour Party, the bet is off.

I think you can sleep safely on that! As I said, there would be "an attempt" it's not going to succeed....ultimately.
 
Bannon's reaction

View attachment 24438



I tell you what. I will make a standing bet. If there is a communist government in the U.K. in the next five years, I will set you up with Poole or a tailor of your choice and pay for a three piece suit or equivalent.

Its doubtful that there will be a Communist government in Britain, there is however, a possibility, even though I think it slight, of a Corbyn one. That would not be good, to put it mildly.
 
Now then, that's a dangerous bet, but I will take you up on that, as it's all in my favour, but with this caveat: the Labour/Momentum regime would have to stay their full term, without Corbyn removed from office in a political coup or by military force and all the nationalisation promised in their manifesto, the new one (which none of us have seen), is achieved. If normal service resumes with the removal of Corbyn by the Parliamentary Labour Party, the bet is off.

I think you can sleep safely on that! As I said, there would be "an attempt" it's not going to succeed....ultimately.

We need to define political coup. If there is a no confidence vote, I'm not seeing that as a coup.

But anyway, that all sounds acceptable to me. InstaHate InstaHate can be the arbitrator/judge.
 
Yeah, no kidding. I put the odds of a Corbyn government at 50/50 to be honest, unless the Tories get their shit together.

Well, you are more generous with your odds than I am. But Corbyn would be a complete disaster. For one, his top team are barely numerate.
 
Well, you are more generous with your odds than I am. But Corbyn would be a complete disaster. For one, his top team are barely numerate.

It's certainly not a judgement of their competence, but more a reflection of Tory aimlessness. With a decisive Tory leader the chance goes to single digits.
 
It's certainly not a judgement of their competence, but more a reflection of Tory aimlessness. With a decisive Tory leader the chance goes to single digits.

Aye, the Tories do seem a rag-tag of a party. I had certain hopes for May, as she seemed a no nonsense type of politician, no schmoozing on social media and the like. How wrong I was...
 
Its doubtful that there will be a Communist government in Britain, there is however, a possibility, even though I think it slight, of a Corbyn one. That would not be good, to put it mildly.

The Corbyn one would at the very least, be the precursor of that state. He has been every explicit in his mission, throughout his career as a rank mediocrity of an MP in league with every terrorist organisation against the West possible. His mission is a socialist state akin to Venezuela. Why anyone at this late hour should doubt this, intrigues me. He is exactly what it says on the tin and he and his kind control the Labour party.

Of course, on gaining power their reign would be measured in days. They will be removed within a month. Whilst the EU would accept a failed UK out of the EU, the USA could never accept this. Not a commie one. Albeit the current Democrats might dig it.

As I said, the resistance is running silent and deep. Same here in The Netherlands. The military forces are several games ahead of the politicians and will step in at the appropriate time should needs be.
 
I had certain hopes for May, as she seemed a no nonsense type of politician, no schmoozing on social media and the like. How wrong I was...

I tried to tell you my friend. Weak and waffling. Though I'm not sure who else there was. Boris is a clown. Goldsmith was the new shiny thing but obviously rather flimsy. I do like Rees Mogg simply for his authenticity, but he is so frivolous I can't see him leading a charge.

Both parties in the U.S. and the U.K. are suffering from such a leadership vacuum right now I have no idea what is going to happen.
 
The Corbyn one would at the very least, be the precursor of that state. He has been every explicit in his mission, throughout his career as a rank mediocrity of an MP in league with every terrorist organisation against the West possible. His mission is a socialist state akin to Venezuela. Why anyone at this late hour should doubt this, intrigues me. He is exactly what it says on the tin and he and his kind control the Labour party.

Of course, on gaining power their reign would be measured in days. They will be removed within a month. Whilst the EU would accept a failed UK out of the EU, the USA could never accept this. Not a commie one. Albeit the current Democrats might dig it.

As I said, the resistance is running silent and deep. Same here in The Netherlands. The military forces are several games ahead of the politicians and will step in at the appropriate time should needs be.

Its certainly true, that Corbyn is an avowed Socialist, but its a very big step, to put it mildly, to turn a capitalist country into a Communist one. I think it extremely doubtful that it could be achieved by democratic means.
 
Yeah, no kidding. I put the odds of a Corbyn government at 50/50 to be honest, unless the Tories get their shit together.

I think slightly less, the identity politics gig is going to wane somewhat. Except the Muslim block vote which Labour are focused on. So might work in their favour.

We need to define political coup. If there is a no confidence vote, I'm not seeing that as a coup.

But anyway, that all sounds acceptable to me. InstaHate InstaHate can be the arbitrator/judge.

A no confidence vote is clearly the removal of Corbyn. I wouldn't expect you to pay up under those circumstances. That would be a technicality and we should remove that potential now.

It'll be like that time Thruth and I judged that orgy competition at Georgia State!

Just remember in this game, you get nothing for two in the bed...

Well, you are more generous with your odds than I am. But Corbyn would be a complete disaster. For one, his top team are barely numerate.

Barely that, they are living proof that bureaucracy equals rank sub-mediocrity under the new Establishment.

We need Jacob Rees-Mogg!
 
I tried to tell you my friend. Weak and waffling. Though I'm not sure who else there was. Boris is a clown. Goldsmith was the new shiny thing but obviously rather flimsy. I do like Rees Mogg simply for his authenticity, but he is so frivolous I can't see him leading a charge.

Both parties in the U.S. and the U.K. are suffering from such a leadership vacuum right now I have no idea what is going to happen.

I agree, their is a paucity of talent in the leaderships of our two great nations. I also like Rees-Mogg, but he isn't leadership material, he's back-room. I think Redwood, who is similar to Mogg, but with less charm would be good. But again, he doesn't appeal to an electorate that struggles at time with reality
 
I don't know anyone of substance that does doubt this, do you? The college kids don't count.

The college kids in the UK love him! They took control of the universities quite awhile back.

Its certainly true, that Corbyn is an avowed Socialist, but its a very big step, to put it mildly, to turn a capitalist country into a Communist one. I think it extremely doubtful that it could be achieved by democratic means.

If they get power, they will attempt this....they won't succeed, but that's exactly what they will do. Democracy? They don't give a damn about that, they'll be looking to dismantle that day one along with the activist judges, the civil servants, the Police, the BBC, the NHS and everywhere else the Common Purpose muppets are strong.
 
The degree with which a hijab is oppressive varies with the degree with which there is social pressure to wear it. In the US, it is not particularly oppressive. In many, if not all, Muslim majority countries, there is moderate to large amounts of social pressure for Muslim women to wear it (and in a number of Middle Eastern countries, pressure for all women and regulation for Muslim women).

It is also important to tie the practice to substantive oppression. American Muslim women, particularly those second generation and beyond, are not meaningfully more oppressed than the average American woman (which may be some, but certainly less than in the vast majority of the world). In other countries with large Muslim populations, the hijab is a component of broader social practices with are substantively oppressive (e.g. women can't drive, can't own property, etc).

It is interesting to compare it to wearing high heels, a practice which, if there were greater social pressure, would be very oppressive. Heels hobble movement and cause permanent damage to the feet, far more deleterious than the hijab itself (again, removed from the broader network of norms, see the above paragraph). I think pressure to wear heels, especially in a business setting, has decreased dramatically over the last decade and a half, as dress flats have become more accepted.

The hijab is different: it covers up the face, in its extreme form, completely. This makes effective face to face communication impossible. So too negotiation, you cannot negotiate without the facial communication. You cannot compare high heels to the niqab.

The Arabs know very well you can only strike deals with the male of the species.
 
The college kids in the UK love him! They took control of the universities quite awhile back.



If they get power, they will attempt this....they won't succeed, but that's exactly what they will do. Democracy? They don't give a damn about that, they'll be looking to dismantle that day one along with the activist judges, the civil servants, the Police, the BBC, the NHS and everywhere else the Common Purpose muppets are strong.

Interestingly, or not, when I was a university I asked an acquaintance, who was a member of the SWP the following question: if they (SWP) were elected into government, would they hand over power, if, in the future, the populace demanded it. He categorically stated NO. When I pointed out to him, that he, and his party clearly doesn't believe in democracy, he was baffled. This was 30+ years ago but I recall it vividly.

So, you may be on to something.
 
I think it was because the routine called for a modified triple lutz penetration with identical twins.

That must have been ages ago.
I imagine on today's campuses the challenges are much tougher, including non binary, gender fluid and/ or transgender people.
 
Bannon's out. We should have a pool where we can bet how long Manton will hang on.
 
Its certainly true, that Corbyn is an avowed Socialist, but its a very big step, to put it mildly, to turn a capitalist country into a Communist one. I think it extremely doubtful that it could be achieved by democratic means.

Exactly, yes.

To be frank, the time for a "Communist" government in the UK - or in other Western countries - would have been some time from the 1930s through to the 1960s, as that was when those parties were strongest and when such things as state-owned banks, nationalised industry and so on was in vogue.
 
I mean the Generals. His family have been there since the beginning, have they not?

Yeah but his chief of staff is cleaning house and the only remaining ones seem to be the family. I doubt the Secretary of Defence, chief of staff and whomever have that much sway over him. After all, he's still allowed to stick his foot in his mouth over this whole racism scandal.
 
Exactly, yes.

To be frank, the time for a "Communist" government in the UK - or in other Western countries - would have been some time from the 1930s through to the 1960s, as that was when those parties were strongest and when such things as state-owned banks, nationalised industry and so on was in vogue.

The Communist party were never really that big in Britain, they collapsed after the war. Interestingly, they supported Stalin before and during the Hitler/Stalin pact and it was that that did for them.
 
aa.jpg


Oh and just to be clear. A hijab doesn't cover the face. Hijabs are actually more liberal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom